Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:13:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: George Miller  (Read 11704 times)

donny dave

• Forum Member
George Miller
« on July 16, 2022, 06:52:35 pm by donny dave »
He looks a very good player and really puts a shift in. He reminds me of a former player who just signed for Bristol Rovers lol

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: George Miller
« Reply #1 on July 16, 2022, 07:06:46 pm by Branton Rover »
Different spelling but good if we can nickname him Roger

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on July 16, 2022, 07:09:32 pm by Campsall rover »
He looks a very good player and really puts a shift in. He reminds me of a former player who just signed for Bristol Rovers lol
His work rate does I agree. Don’t think he is as physically strong as JM and not really a striker who is going to relish being a target man.
He is much quicker than JM and needs the ball on the deck played through the channels or over the top to run on to.
Going to be a big player for us this season. Think he should get 15+ goals given the right service.
We need to see several of the others chipping in with between 5 and 12 goals if we are going to score enough goals to win the required no of games to get promoted.
The goals scored column this season is going to be vital as without a fully fit Anderson or equivalent experienced replacement I don’t see too many clean sheets.
Yes i know we have only conceded 1 goal in 4 pre season friendlies but that means very little imo.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on July 16, 2022, 07:39:23 pm by scawsby steve »
His work rate does I agree. Don’t think he is as physically strong as JM and not really a striker who is going to relish being a target man.
He is much quicker than JM and needs the ball on the deck played through the channels or over the top to run on to.
Going to be a big player for us this season. Think he should get 15+ goals given the right service.
We need to see several of the others chipping in with between 5 and 12 goals if we are going to score enough goals to win the required no of games to get promoted.
The goals scored column this season is going to be vital as without a fully fit Anderson or equivalent experienced replacement I don’t see too many clean sheets.
Yes i know we have only conceded 1 goal in 4 pre season friendlies but that means very little imo.

I agree with those last 2 paragraphs, Camps. A lot might depend on whether Alan Nixon is right about us signing Adam Long, a left sided CB.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on July 16, 2022, 07:44:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Miller has pace in behind more than Marquis but the tenacity is similar. I think the pace is more of an asset than been a hold up player like Marquis personally. W

hile JM did a lot for our game too often it's easy for all the players to show feet and it just makes the pitch smaller and gives the defence a easy game. Obviously it wasn't such a problem for JM with his goal return but now and again you could see we were crying out for a run in behind. Miller looks like he'll not stop doing that all game

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on July 16, 2022, 08:00:52 pm by Campsall rover »

I agree with those last 2 paragraphs, Camps. A lot might depend on whether Alan Nixon is right about us signing Adam Long, a left sided CB.
Not heard about that one SS. Who is Alan Nixon?  Why have I not seen anything about this? There is no thread is there on this. I will check now.

Who is Adam Long though, as not heard that name before?  I will Google him now.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2022, 08:08:38 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on July 16, 2022, 08:09:53 pm by Campsall rover »
Adam Long, Wigan Athletic age 21

So another young inexperienced centre back !!!  ;)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on July 16, 2022, 08:10:08 pm by scawsby steve »

Not heard about that one SS. Who is Alan Nixon?  Why have I not seen anything about this? There is no thread is there on this. I will check now.

Who is Adam Long though, as not heard that name before?  I will Google him now.

Check the thread on it in the rumour mill, Camps.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on July 16, 2022, 08:13:03 pm by scawsby steve »
Adam Long, Wigan Athletic age 21

So another young inexperienced centre back !!!  ;)

He's got to be better in the air than Williams, Camps.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on July 16, 2022, 09:42:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
He’s like a Jack Russell chasing a crisp packet!.
A general nuisance to all defenders. If he doesn’t score himself, he hounds them into making mistakes for others. He will give you one hundred per cent every game. If we get eleven like him on the pitch, we will go up.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on July 16, 2022, 10:04:10 pm by roversdude »
Like a cross between Alfie and Marquis - this lad will score for fun this season
Bit gutted Tomlin took the pen TBF he’d have scored in every appearance then.
When Andrews is back I think it will be a formidable partnership

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on July 16, 2022, 10:07:15 pm by tyke1962 »
Glad to hear he is settling in well at Rovers and I wish him all the best .

George was one of those players who didn't feel as though he was our player because he was always out on loan .

A little disappointed to hear his comments about us when he left because whilst we don't get everything right over here by any means we do try to give players the very best opportunity to succeed .

With the best will in the world George was never going to get in front of players like Kieffer Moore , Cauley Woodrow , Carlton Morris , Connor Chaplin , Daryl Dike .

I sincerely hope the development my club put in to him pays dividends for Rovers and George .

Stay classy George .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on July 16, 2022, 10:09:59 pm by roversdude »
I think it was tongue in cheek Tyke he seems a bit of a cheeky chappy type

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on July 16, 2022, 10:46:48 pm by tyke1962 »
I think it was tongue in cheek Tyke he seems a bit of a cheeky chappy type

An acknowledgement of the coaching staff at my club who have worked with George and looked to give him the best minutes on the pitch outside of it wouldn't have gone a miss .

That said I've supported this club for 55 years and only David Speedie has bit us on the ass with who we've given away .

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on July 16, 2022, 11:12:08 pm by Jimmydee »
David Speedie was a bit of a rogue when he was an apprentice with the Tykes, he proved to be a rogue at other clubs and had a great career, the last time that I saw him he was driving a local mini cab.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on July 16, 2022, 11:16:06 pm by drfchound »
David Speedie was a bit of a rogue when he was an apprentice with the Tykes, he proved to be a rogue at other clubs and had a great career, the last time that I saw him he was driving a local mini cab.

I played golf with DS a couple of years ago and he said he was taxi driving. He played off a 7 handicap and told us some great tales about his time in football.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on July 17, 2022, 12:25:16 am by tyke1962 »

He was a midfield player as a young lad at Barnsley and getting in to that side in the early 80's with Glavin , Banks and McHale was a tall order .

The trick we missed was not seeing him as a forward which Darlington did and the rest the say is history .

NigelJ

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on July 17, 2022, 01:28:26 pm by NigelJ »

I played golf with DS a couple of years ago and he said he was taxi driving. He played off a 7 handicap and told us some great tales about his time in football.

Speedie cabs? Presumably, he likes driving too?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on July 17, 2022, 01:32:18 pm by roversdude »
Wow last I heard he was an agent

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on July 17, 2022, 01:33:53 pm by drfchound »
Wow last I heard he was an agent

Perhaps he keeps that secret!

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on July 17, 2022, 04:01:00 pm by Colin C No.3 »
He’s like a Jack Russell chasing a crisp packet!.
A general nuisance to all defenders. If he doesn’t score himself, he hounds them into making mistakes for others. He will give you one hundred per cent every game. If we get eleven like him on the pitch, we will go up.
Which if you watch his video after signing for us, is more or less what he promised he could deliver. Non stop running, chasing ‘lost causes’, if he’s having a ‘bad game’ he won’t hide.

It’s all you can ask.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on July 17, 2022, 04:08:44 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Yes it is Colin, you can have a bad game, everybody does at some point, but if you give your all supporters notice that. He’s a good honest pro who seems to enjoy what he does.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on July 17, 2022, 04:12:11 pm by Branton Rover »
I’ve seen him likened to Marquis to me he’s more like a Lewis Guy who scores goals & is much braver too.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on July 17, 2022, 04:13:00 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Speedie cabs? Presumably, he likes driving too?

even though he has retired from football he still picks up bookings :suicide:

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on July 17, 2022, 04:18:29 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Great header of a ball Speedie for his size, had a spring when he leapt for a ball.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on July 17, 2022, 04:43:50 pm by Silkscarf »
He was brought up in Woodlands I think. Scottish dad so played for them. Gobby and niggly but a decent player. Married a Sprotbrough lass.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on July 17, 2022, 04:59:47 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Surprised he never had an autobiography written, I would have been interested to read it.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on July 19, 2022, 07:29:07 pm by Copps is Magic »
Big things for this lad.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on July 19, 2022, 07:39:54 pm by RobTheRover »

George was one of those players who didn't feel as though he was our player because he was always out on loan .

A little disappointed to hear his comments about us when he left because whilst we don't get everything right over here by any means we do try to give players the very best opportunity to succeed .

With the best will in the world George was never going to get in front of players like Kieffer Moore , Cauley Woodrow , Carlton Morris , Connor Chaplin , Daryl Dike .

I sincerely hope the development my club put in to him pays dividends for Rovers and George .

Stay classy George .

I have a mate who"s good friends with a former Barnsley player, and he told my mate that George was very unlucky and should have had a lot more of a chance there. Said he's a proper player. I think in the glimpses we've seen so far, that's true.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on July 19, 2022, 07:47:54 pm by drfchound »

Stay classy George .

I have a mate who"s good friends with a former Barnsley player, and he told my mate that George was very unlucky and should have had a lot more of a chance there. Said he's a proper player. I think in the glimpses we've seen so far, that's true.

I will second that Rob.
My mate who is still in pro football tells me that George will be very popular with the fans.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012