Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:16:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Smidgen of optimism running back into my 30+ something year old bones  (Read 912 times)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
I was depressed last season, I was depressed a few weeks ago. I thought this was a long season coming our way, straddled with useless players and a manager who, I thought, was equally useless.

But I've gone and done it - got suckered in by a few fairly reasonable pre-season results/performances. Getting rid of some of the deadwood. A new big bugger at the back, a new big bugger up front and, gorgeous George looking like the next Billy Sharp. A couple of football league journeymen and we've got a squad of youth (with potential) mixed with oldies with footballing brains.

Football. I've been suckered in for about the 18th consecutive season now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

since-1969

• VSC Member
Players like playing in a winning side , even those who’d normally put in a sick note . I bet our injury list gets smaller since the 3 points start getting on the board .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
I was depressed last season, I was depressed a few weeks ago. I thought this was a long season coming our way, straddled with useless players and a manager who, I thought, was equally useless.

But I've gone and done it - got suckered in by a few fairly reasonable pre-season results/performances. Getting rid of some of the deadwood. A new big bugger at the back, a new big bugger up front and, gorgeous George looking like the next Billy Sharp. A couple of football league journeymen and we've got a squad of youth (with potential) mixed with oldies with footballing brains.

Football. I've been suckered in for about the 18th consecutive season now.
It’s called being addicted to your Football Team CiM
What else would I do on a Saturday afternoon. This is my 60th season watching football. It’s in the blood.
My Football DNA comes from my Grandfather.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Can't wait for next week, excited to watch football again.  Let's see how I feel when we're 2 down after 20 minutes....

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Can't wait for next week, excited to watch football again.  Let's see how I feel when we're 2 down after 20 minutes....

You'll be thinking 'We're gonna win 3-2!"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012