Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:01:17 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rehabilitation update  (Read 2019 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Rehabilitation update
« on August 18, 2022, 04:17:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Taylor and Close should be ready to train with the lads next week and taking thing cautiously then reserve games to arrange and papa johns at the end of the month should see them ready for.
Barlow who had a grade C tear in his hamstring will need more time and care because it could happen again if not treated carefully.
This was in an article today from DFP and from GMC.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-boss-gary-mcsheffrey-reveals-anticipated-return-date-for-jon-taylor-and-ben-close-3811288

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BigH

• VSC Member
Re: Rehabilitation update
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2022, 07:14:28 pm by BigH »
Any news on Reo?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2022, 07:23:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
No, he's regarded as long term along with Younger.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2022, 07:38:02 pm by RugbyRover »
Thing is, if someone said the name "Jon Taylor" to me I'd be able to close my eyes and see a pacey little winger with a habit of blazing chances over the bar.

Someone says "Ben Close" I shut my eyes and see.....total darkness, black. Nothing.

Can someone describe him as a player for me? Where is he going to fit into the team? Who is he in competition with for a starting place? Biggins?

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2022, 07:54:58 pm by jmt23 »
I don’t think we should be so fast to snub Close, we have not seen the best of him, in the short time we did see him, he was with ( and part of ) a poor performing bunch of players. He did work and try during that spell even though it wasn’t working, let’s at least give him a chance.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2022, 07:59:14 pm by Spud »
Thing is, if someone said the name "Jon Taylor" to me I'd be able to close my eyes and see a pacey little winger with a habit of blazing chances over the bar.

Someone says "Ben Close" I shut my eyes and see.....total darkness, black. Nothing.

Can someone describe him as a player for me? Where is he going to fit into the team? Who is he in competition with for a starting place? Biggins?

Jon Taylor, pacy winger, honest hard worker tracking back & a goal threat without doubt at l1 never mind 2.
Close, attacking midfielder always trying to play that killer pass in behind. Just my opinion, based on nothing more than what I've witnessed at the then KM.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2022, 08:02:58 pm by scawsby steve »

Until he proves himself, RR, he won't be in competition with anyone. At the moment, all we can go on is his reputation with Pompey. In the handful of appearances he made last season, he was very mediocre.

Let's hope he gets fully fit, and recovers the form that made us sign him.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2022, 08:05:35 pm by ncRover »

Great question. Ethan Galbraith kind of player maybe? (Hopefully)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2022, 08:15:12 pm by DearneValleyRover »
I’d say Close would come on for Tomlin

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 18, 2022, 08:25:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

https://youtu.be/HXp6P0FwFQc

No 8. Although Hard to see the number! Features quite a bit in this game starting with the header against the bar. Taking free kicks and corners.

Very mobile, light on his feet and drifts into positions. Good range of passing. I think he has a bit of the John Oster about him.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 18, 2022, 08:35:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Will replace Biggins when fit and back to his best

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2022, 08:38:49 pm by scawsby steve »

Only if Tomlin is injured. He did 90 minutes easily on Tuesday, and he can change a game at any moment.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2022, 09:57:33 pm by DearneValleyRover »

Only if Tomlin is injured. He did 90 minutes easily on Tuesday, and he can change a game at any moment.

I wasn’t saying play instead of, it’s been highlighted by both McSheffrey and Tomlin that he won’t be able to complete ninety minutes week in week out

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 18, 2022, 10:01:02 pm by danumdon »
If we continue to develop and progress with the current team then these players are going to have to hit the ground running to challenge for positions in the first team.

Augers very well for us when we have the extra depth this will entail.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2022, 08:06:41 am by RoversAlias »
Close is a #8, whereas Tomlin is a #10. Close would likely play the Biggins role in this team, he is a link-passer further up the midfield who can hopefully help our creativity. His defensive game I'm not too sure on but he's a talented ball player.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2022, 08:26:20 am by DearneValleyRover »
Close is a #8, whereas Tomlin is a #10. Close would likely play the Biggins role in this team, he is a link-passer further up the midfield who can hopefully help our creativity. His defensive game I'm not too sure on but he's a talented ball player.

Which is why he would fit in where Tomlin is playing, in the hole between Clayton and Biggins and behind the front 3. I’m not sure #8 or #10 means a great deal in how we are setting up

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2022, 09:14:18 pm by steve@dcfd »
This is a 16 player game now. We need players to come on and be near enough at the same level. If we need to replace Biggins, Clayton or Tomlin for any reason in a match we only have Rowe and possibly Ravenhill. Having Close and Taylor fit and ready means we have options strong ones for the front four and middle two.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 20, 2022, 09:40:09 am by RobTheRover »
This is a 16 player game now. We need players to come on and be near enough at the same level. If we need to replace Biggins, Clayton or Tomlin for any reason in a match we only have Rowe and possibly Ravenhill. Having Close and Taylor fit and ready means we have options strong ones for the front four and middle two.

Exactly right. The teams with the better and consistent squad depth will be the ones at the top of the table.  The new substitute rules give managers far more sway to change a game.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012