Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 08:38:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pretending to be Injured  (Read 2308 times)

belton rover

• Forum Member
Pretending to be Injured
« on September 03, 2022, 05:13:10 pm by belton rover »
A new level for me today.
Don’t get me wrong, they deserved to win, and I expect teams to time waste (we are pretty good at that ourselves), but the countless pretend injuries was an insult to fellow professionals.

Quite disgraceful.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
Re: Pretending to be Injured
« Reply #1 on September 03, 2022, 05:18:14 pm by elmsallrover »
Didn't go to Bradford then

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on September 03, 2022, 05:21:04 pm by belton rover »
I watched the game. It was nothing like today.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on September 03, 2022, 05:21:09 pm by PDX_Rover »
Didn't go to Bradford then

Erm, he does say we’re pretty good at it ourselves. But today was pretty pathetic from grown men and good players.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 03, 2022, 05:35:14 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
This cheating and time-wasting is totally ruining football. I follow a lot of non-league football and it’s affecting all levels.  “The beautiful game”? Don’t make me laugh.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 03, 2022, 05:39:16 pm by The Beast »
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the ref only meant to stop the game for head injuries??
We were on the attack and Perch went down, he stopped the game? Seemed  to change the momentum of the game, boiled my piss!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 03, 2022, 05:40:12 pm by bpoolrover »
they were terrible for it but hurst and tomlin went down far to easy every time as well

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on September 03, 2022, 06:10:34 pm by Donnywolf »
It's insulting to everybody who pays to watch a game of football but end up watching players (sometimes both sets of players depending on circumstances in game) contrivance and cheating to stop us watching that game

So we end up watching their play acting time wasting and cheating at every opportunity instead

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on September 03, 2022, 06:27:25 pm by since-1969 »
Don’t get me wrong, they deserved to win, and I expect teams to time waste (we are pretty good at that ourselves), but the countless pretend injuries was an insult to fellow professionals.

Quite disgraceful.
No different to doing a dying swan act to get penalty… !!

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on September 03, 2022, 06:35:59 pm by Padge_DRFC »
30 mins each way. Clock stops all the time the ball isn't in play. Simple. Or allow physios on like they do in rugby
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 07:00:00 pm by Padge_DRFC »

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on September 03, 2022, 06:37:37 pm by belton rover »

Quite disgraceful.
No different to doing a dying swan act to get penalty… !!
It is different.
I’m not condoning what Tomlin did, but I’m talking about what must have have been calculated instruction to pretend that you have been hurt by the opposition virtually every time play stops, and sometimes during play.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 03, 2022, 06:59:03 pm by Draytonian III »
30 mins each way. Clock stops all the time the ball isn't in play. Simple. Or allow physics on like they do in rugby

It will become tedious because won’t attack in the last 10 minutes especially if the game is drawing

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on September 03, 2022, 07:37:05 pm by Panda »
Forgive me if I'm wrong but isn't the ref only meant to stop the game for head injuries??
We were on the attack and Perch went down, he stopped the game? Seemed  to change the momentum of the game, boiled my piss!

Same here. Sick of useless refs seemingly deciding to play on when a player goes down with a non head injury only to blow up to let the physio on when the player doesn't get up. Weak as piss fanny referees with no awareness ruining things. Pretty much every time this happens, the player will get up and play on if the ref ignores him!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on September 04, 2022, 09:13:59 am by ravenrover »
We had the ball in an attacking position yet the ball is given back to Mansfield, a hoof upfield and suddenly we are on the backfoot and they have a chance to score, how does that work?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on September 04, 2022, 10:54:39 am by drfchound »
We had the ball in an attacking position yet the ball is given back to Mansfield, a hoof upfield and suddenly we are on the backfoot and they have a chance to score, how does that work?

Agreed, pathetic decision.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on September 04, 2022, 07:34:42 pm by scawsby steve »

We were nearly bursting blood vessels in the South Stand at that decision.

Of all the sh*t decisions he made yesterday, that one was the the worst. Totally bizarre.

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 04, 2022, 09:02:06 pm by Spud »
Or when the ball hit Tommy in the face & went out & he gave us the throw?
At least we could chuckle at that one.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on September 04, 2022, 09:18:33 pm by mushRTID »
What about the one where their lad stood in front of a free kick, Rowe (I think) tried to take a quick one.. it his their lad in the shins and he threw himself to the ground. Unbelievable

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on September 04, 2022, 09:38:44 pm by ravenrover »
And the ref stood a yard away. After having a word,  should have been a yellow, he calls Rowe over and has a word with him!!!!! At 16.30 I whatsapped my Mrs saying the ref had lost it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on September 04, 2022, 10:19:07 pm by drfchound »
What about the one where their lad stood in front of a free kick, Rowe (I think) tried to take a quick one.. it his their lad in the shins and he threw himself to the ground. Unbelievable

Ha, yes mush, that was indeed pathetic and well worthy of a yellow card for ungentlemanly conduct.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on September 05, 2022, 07:00:18 am by The Beast »

Yeah don't see how it was any different to Tomlin's second yellow at Bradford. In fact it was worse when you look at it.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on September 05, 2022, 08:13:31 am by Donnywolf »
And the ref stood a yard away. After having a word,  should have been a yellow, he calls Rowe over and has a word with him!!!!! At 16.30 I whatsapped my Mrs saying the ref had lost it

It wasn't sour grapes from me but he had a decent first half. This was probably only his 5th or 6th EFL game and I thought he was doing well (3 or 4 points well)

The Mansfield media behind me looked at tapes during HT and said the scramble in our 6 yd box did not cross the line , and then the Ref rightly gave a foul against the "scorer". Big calls right by Ref I thought

They thought our Penalty was soft

In second half it took me no time to get down to 1 point (see Rate the Ref and vote if you don't already) .... and 8 people have given him 0

His wheels simply fell off / he lost it / a game of 2 halves. Whatever it was he had  had it.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 10:14:13 am by Donnywolf »

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on September 05, 2022, 05:00:21 pm by 5 on Tour »
Wolf is right - he was fine in the first. Made the right decisions at the right time.

I’m pretty sure however it was his identical twin in the second half. Mansfield deserved to win and we didn’t but we simply shouldn’t be walking away from a game talking about the ref. He couldn’t even get throw ins right in the end and how he let them get away with the ridiculous time wasting was beyond me. Unless I missed the sniper on the stadium roof who was taking out knee caps… then I apologise profusely to him!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012