Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 10:23:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What's embarrassing  (Read 3387 times)

Thorney

• Forum Member
What's embarrassing
« on October 15, 2022, 05:09:59 pm by Thorney »
That in games especially barrow and carlisle. That they have gone 2 goals up, see that we are clueless and instead of defending what they have decide to go all out to put a massive score on us.

How far and weak we have fallen. These teams prior to the start of the season would of seen rovers as the big team and a team they would not of fancied getting much against. Ends up with them taking the piss out of us with 20 mins to go.

Against barrow it got to the stage of the crowd doing the ole's every pass.

If this isn't enough for the board and the HOF to take action (not saying sack but come out with what they intend to do) then I'm lost

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
Re: What's embarrassing
« Reply #1 on October 15, 2022, 06:27:58 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
A lot of our supporters are so easy going, before long we will be happy just to stay up.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 15, 2022, 06:31:34 pm by Upton Rover »
A lot of our supporters are so easy going, before long we will be happy just to stay up.
They will say, it was a rebuilding season

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 15, 2022, 06:32:32 pm by since-1969 »
They will say, it was a rebuilding season
Who will ?

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 15, 2022, 06:42:17 pm by moses »
I thought I heard Ole’s from the Carlisle fans when we did two passes.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 15, 2022, 06:46:38 pm by keith79 »
Anyone point me in the direction of GMS post match interview.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 15, 2022, 07:59:05 pm by roversdude »
Sorry I’ve kept off posts about the manager however it’s time he went he’s exhausted my patience

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 15, 2022, 09:02:44 pm by IDM »

I’m about as easy going as it gets.  Would I be happy if we “just stay up”?

Would I b*llocks.

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 15, 2022, 09:54:29 pm by monkeytennis »
Anyone point me in the direction of GMS post match interview.

Do yourself a favour and don’t bother

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 15, 2022, 09:58:57 pm by andyst79 »

Would I b*llocks.
I would with the state we're in at the minute

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 15, 2022, 10:46:45 pm by danumdon »

Would I b*llocks.
I would with the state we're in at the minute

We may all jest about this but the rot has started again, just like it did last season, did we manage to stop it, did we F**k.

If we continue on this trajectory we are toast.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 15, 2022, 11:40:33 pm by tommy toes »
We are very very lucky to have the points we've got. In another 10 games, given how we've played all season, things could look very bleak.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 16, 2022, 01:44:55 pm by ForsolongaRover »
The lack of basic skills is very worrying. In the Extended Highlights apart from the dubious incident which earned them their penalty, there was just one (foul) tackle by Rovers and another occasion when Tom Anderson pushed one of their attackers over when it should have been a free kick just outside the box, so no other tackling. There were 3 by Carlisle, all successful, with one leading to a goal. When you take account of the fact that Carlisle had nearly all the possession in the highlights, this is hugely significant.

Looking more generally at performances, whilst I cannot claim to have watched the Carlisle full match replay, I did dip into some of it and it is striking that as well not tackling, Rover basic ball control is atrocious. Often, when they are going forward and they push the ball into space, there is too much or too little pace on it and they lose it. Carlisle looked fitter and two leagues better.

I am sure better coaching and confidence could make a difference, but I wonder if the potential is as great as people conclude. Nevertheless the more coherent performances which we saw early on revealed more ability than has been manifest recently. But it is so bad now that you might imagine that they would do better if there was no manager at all! 

Donny Dub

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 16, 2022, 01:57:23 pm by Donny Dub »

That in games especially barrow and carlisle. That they have gone 2 goals up, see that we are clueless and instead of defending what they have decide to go all out to put a massive score on us.

How far and weak we have fallen. These teams prior to the start of the season would of seen rovers as the big team and a team they would not of fancied getting much against. Ends up with them taking the piss out of us with 20 mins to go.

Against barrow it got to the stage of the crowd doing the ole's every pass.

If this isn't enough for the board and the HOF to take action (not saying sack but come out with what they intend to do) then I'm lost
I agree the BBC commentators yesterday said what a scalp we were for Carlisle they had always regarded us as a much bigger club, even Championship level.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 16, 2022, 03:12:06 pm by Janso »
I thought I heard Ole’s from the Carlisle fans when we did two passes.

That was Rovers fans you heard.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 16, 2022, 03:36:18 pm by Barmby Rover »
"Ah, but we're a sustainable club", "all our finances are in order", "without our great and good we wouldn't exist" " we can't afford good players" "it's the managers fault (the 4th in 2 years)" "we just need some better tactics" Since JR left this club there has been a gradual running down of the football team. If the board are not interested, then we are desperate to find somebody who is, because at the moment we can switch with the Rugby Union club in terms of grounds and disappear into amateur /pro leagues playing up the road. All in the plan folks.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 16, 2022, 04:45:09 pm by IDM »
Injuries aside, Wellens had a decent squad for league one last season, and we have a decent squad again this time round.  We always seem to find a bit more in the pot when it comes to taking more loanees or in the next window, so it's not correct that the owners/board don't want us to do well.

The issue must be with the manager/coaches and also player motivation.  I get that the board appoints the manager, but in their defence they appointed McCann and Moore who did very well.  So getting rid of the owners/board isn't guaranteed to make things better.

Maybe their next appointment will be another McCann or Moore but one who stays around a bit longer?

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 16, 2022, 05:30:56 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If the man at the top remains silent when all around is falling down, people will assume that he is either content or at least not discontent enough to want to change anything.

Those of us whose emotions and loyalty are heavily invested in the club and its future find it unsatisfactory at least and uncaring towards us that Blunt and the CEO have remained silent during this worrying decline.

It is surely important, if not an act of kindness and that they care, that they express a view, as to why they have continuing faith in McSheffery and, given the run of failing results, the terms which they are setting for him to keep his job.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 16, 2022, 05:47:43 pm by silent majority »
The CEO hasn’t remained silent during this period. He’s been to the supporter clubs and VSC agm’s in recent weeks and taken and answered  all questions. This has then been reported through the main media channels.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 16, 2022, 08:02:59 pm by ForsolongaRover »
SM: The Chairman has still not spoken and Baldwin addressed the Retford branch before the latest turn for the worst. Are we not due an update? Is the Shadow Board asking questions?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 16, 2022, 08:41:31 pm by silent majority »
SM: The Chairman has still not spoken and Baldwin addressed the Retford branch before the latest turn for the worst. Are we not due an update? Is the Shadow Board asking questions?

I understand the Chair has been out of the country on business until recently.

And Gavin also addressed the VSC AGM just a couple of weeks ago.

Of course the Shadow Board asks questions.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 16, 2022, 09:30:18 pm by ForsolongaRover »
SM: So do you have any indication as to when we might hear something (dare I say) “positive”? This is the sort of difficulty you get into when only one person is in charge and a crisis arises with him not there. I take it that you share some of the anxiety that people are suffering.

I am trying to be constructive.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 16, 2022, 10:46:36 pm by Goole Rover »
I’ve had more entertainment watching Match of the day 2 Liverpool/Man City in the last ten minutes than the whole of this season at Rovers.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 16, 2022, 11:56:21 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
They appointed the wrong man for the job. They provided funds to bring players in. Part of a boards job is to talk to the media from time to time, but you wouldn’t expect to hear from them as much as the manager. I don’t particularly like board members coming out and giving votes of confidence. They very rarely mean anything.

The manager knows that football is a results game, if you don’t get enough good results and meet expectations then you lose your job. McSheffrey seems a nice guy, it isn’t personal against him. He would be getting praised if we were in the top three and playing well.

We aren’t though and under his leadership injuries mount up on a daily basis. Is the conditioning work right in the squad. We seem to have a squad that isn’t robust enough to get through a season without breaking down. One gets fit another injured. Then the original guy gets another injury.

We haven’t really played well under his lead. Players aren’t free to express the ability they have. The team seems poorly organised. We have lost to some very ordinary teams. The time is right for change. He’s done all he can.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 17, 2022, 09:23:43 am by ForsolongaRover »
Perhaps the fear of injury is what makes them reluctant to tackle. Resilience is surely a quality built into good fitness training though. PL players do not seem as wary of challenging for the ball. They constantly harry and crowd in on the man with the ball.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 17, 2022, 09:36:13 am by ravenrover »
That's why they are in the Prem being paid Prem wages

TinyPortal © 2005-2012