Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:34:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Schofield Confirmed  (Read 8633 times)

DonnyAps

• Forum Member
Schofield Confirmed
« on October 20, 2022, 09:37:31 am by DonnyAps »
Just been confirmed that Schofield is the new man at the helm.
I for 1 wish him well, and will back the team.
Lets hope it works.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

jm291

• VSC Member
Re: Schofield Confirmed
« Reply #1 on October 20, 2022, 09:41:15 am by jm291 »
Big risk (yet again) but let's get behind him. Let's hope he brings in some fresh ideas and sorts that leaky defence ASAP!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 20, 2022, 09:42:03 am by Copps is Magic »
Welcome, good luck, do well.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 20, 2022, 09:43:01 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Welcome aboard, hope he hits the ground running. Got a good feeling about this. Let’s hope he sprinkles some magic around the place and gets everyone lifted up!

We’re on our wayyyyy

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 20, 2022, 09:43:12 am by MachoMadness »
Copps comments about him being experienced with 'development phase' players, ie the 18-23 year olds who make up a big chunk of our squad, make me feel he's been selected for the right reasons.

He's from the area but otherwise has no connection to the club, which is good. A fresh pair of eyes is sorely needed!

Let's get behind him starting Saturday and give him the time he needs.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 20, 2022, 09:44:19 am by roversdude »
Onwards and upwards let’s get behind him and give him chance

keyser_soze

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 20, 2022, 09:45:35 am by keyser_soze »
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

I wish him well - but can't help but think he's spoken a good game in an interview but very little evidence to back it up. Can't help but feel we needed someone who has a proven record at this level. Are we just not fishing in that pond any more?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 20, 2022, 09:45:46 am by Silkscarf »
Welcome home Danny. Let’s go!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 20, 2022, 09:46:32 am by ncRover »
A fresh pair of eyes after Wellens and McSheffrey is what was needed instead of Graeme Lee.

I think someone who wants to work his way up in his career is better than a has-been, who despite having the experience may not have had the same motivation to succeed.

Some are saying that he’s no different to GMS, but GMS would not have even been on a 50 man shortlist for the Huddersfield job.

I’m excited to see what he has on offer for now and the future. But with the current balance of our squad, I don’t think it would be an abject failure to not gain promotion.

Hopefully he can work some magic!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2022, 01:04:26 pm by ncRover »

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 20, 2022, 09:47:29 am by glosterred »
Is it to early to start the Schofield out campaign? Asking for a friend. Welcome back to Donny Danny

COYR

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 20, 2022, 09:47:40 am by Prez »
Not my choice at all, a huge risk, that said he’s here now and he will get my full backing. Good luck DS.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 20, 2022, 09:48:59 am by Metalmicky »
Congrats to Danny.... he was well liked at 'udders and is an excellent coach.

Let's hope he can develop his management levels and get this team of players to perform consistently....  :thumbsup:

WarwickRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 20, 2022, 09:52:21 am by WarwickRover »
Massive Risk. What’s the difference between MCS and Schofield? …… 9 games leading first team. Maybe a good coach but no experience or success of leading the first team. Anyway what do I know. Hope all goes well

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 20, 2022, 09:52:45 am by Upton Rover »
Good luck and we’ll done to all concerned to get it done quickly as possible, time will tell

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 20, 2022, 09:56:33 am by Herbert Anchovy »
A mate of my brother in law is a Huddersfield fan. Says he never got a fair crack of the whip there, rumours that he wasn’t the one picking the side, breakdowns between the playing side and management side etc…and he was caught in the middle.

In his view he’s an excellent coach, particularly for the younger players, but he may have struggled with some of the “mardy” (his words) older pros at the club.

Basically, Huddersfield is in danger of becoming a bit of a basket case, but none of this could be claimed as Danny’s fault.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 20, 2022, 09:57:10 am by redarmi66 »
For those considering this ‘a huge risk’ i would argue that every appointment is a huge risk. There is no guarantee even with an experienced candidate. There are a lot of experienced tired old names that always crawl out of the woodwork. If they were that good they would be in jobs. Im excited we have given a chance to young hungry coach looking to create a legacy. A forward thinking appointment from Copps!! Welcome Danny. Be brilliant!

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 20, 2022, 09:57:40 am by ForsolongaRover »
It would be useful to see his Job Description. Is he “manager” in all but name? If not how will responsibility be apportioned? Will Copps have that role?

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 20, 2022, 09:58:44 am by Copps is Magic »
It would be useful to see his Job Description. Is he “manager” in all but name? If not how will responsibility be apportioned? Will Copps have that role?

All the releases from the club are saying head coach.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 20, 2022, 10:00:10 am by Butchers Red »
Very good appointment in my view - will be watching now for who will be his"minder" right hand man??

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 20, 2022, 10:00:40 am by redarmi66 »

He is Head Coach not manager

ditch_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 20, 2022, 10:03:13 am by ditch_drfc »
Positives: coached at a higher level, identified and brought in quickly, fresh pair of eyes with no previous connections to the club, experience coaching players of a similar age to our squad

Negatives: inexperienced

Honestly the inexperience does make me feel nervous. But we'll get behind him and really hope that this is gonna kick start our season. Be interested to see what happens with some of our long term injuries who seem attracted to the treatment table. And how we set up on Saturday. Here's to hoping we can hit the ground running.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 20, 2022, 10:06:20 am by Michael Shaw »
Thank God, after two years of constant decline, the board have been decisive and quickly replaced McSheffrey with Danny Schofield. A real manager at last and a chance to return some positivity to the club. Welcome Danny and I hope the majority of fans give him a chance to prove himself.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 20, 2022, 10:07:20 am by LincsRover »
Good luck Danny, we all want you to be a huge success.  :scarf: :scarf:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 20, 2022, 10:08:18 am by Campsall rover »
Welcome Danny.

Good luck to him.
Now let’s get right behind him, give him a huge welcome at Crewe and give him some time to get this team playing.

DRFC_DonnyRed50

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 20, 2022, 10:08:39 am by DRFC_DonnyRed50 »
Massive Risk. What’s the difference between MCS and Schofield? …… 9 games leading first team. Maybe a good coach but no experience or success of leading the first team. Anyway what do I know. Hope all goes well

I'd say the fact that he's had exposure to some good managers is a key factor. He's worked with both Bielsa and Corberán. He was also part of a coaching team that got Huddersfield to the play offs last year. And looking at his Wikipedia, he has more years working as an actual coach than McSheffrey had.

As has been stated by others, I'd much rather a young and upcoming manager with potential, than some has been for the sake of 'experience'

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 20, 2022, 10:12:29 am by sedwardsdrfc »
I'm happy with it. Yes the experience thing will get throw at him but lets be right we aren't in a relegation battle like last year. We need someone who can coach a team to play to it's potential. Not a fire fighter to scrape enough points together with a poor squad to stay up.

GM's coaching CV was our U18s and that was about it. Incomparable to Schofields imo.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 20, 2022, 10:12:57 am by Spilsby Red »
Welcome Danny. Good luck. Be honest, bring some desire and play to the team. Unfortunately your appointment won’t be liked by some but I wish you all the best.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 20, 2022, 10:15:11 am by since-1969 »
He is a new face without any preconceptions of DRFC giving him a chance to tell the players it’s a fresh start .
The players now have to impress him and if he’s the coach we need everything in the short term will focused on results and performances.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 20, 2022, 10:17:46 am by Bezza »
Good luck Danny we missed you when you played at Brodsworth Welfare, maybe we have got a good coach now,

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 20, 2022, 10:19:51 am by Michael Shaw »
Some fans will never be happy with whoever the board appoint, as we could see from the previous speculation thread. I can't see him turning the tide overnight, but I do believe we will be comfortably in the playoffs at Christmas.  Huddersfield are a massive club and if he was good enough for them to take a chance on him, he is good enough for Doncaster in the middle of league two. I am surprised he would even consider coming to Doncaster. Good luck, Danny.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012