Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:42:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best performance of the season  (Read 3262 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Best performance of the season
« on October 25, 2022, 10:05:47 pm by Filo »
High tempo stuff, good movement all until Clayton came on and slowed us down, on another day we win that game comfortably 

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

donny dave

• Forum Member
Re: Best performance of the season
« Reply #1 on October 25, 2022, 10:07:12 pm by donny dave »
I totally  agree

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 25, 2022, 10:15:33 pm by donnievic »
Agreed just don’t understand the booing at the end,not sure what people are expecting

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 25, 2022, 10:20:27 pm by EasyforDennis »
Agreed just don’t understand the booing at the end,not sure what people are expecting

The booing was aimed at Stockbridge the useless tw@t.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 25, 2022, 10:20:59 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
Even though we lost, I bet that’s the first time I’ve walked out of a ground in 18 months enjoying the football that was on show.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 25, 2022, 10:27:14 pm by roversdude »
Yep I booed at the end in between clapping our players off and venting my spleen at that useless excuse of a referee, absolutely shocking performance how does he get games

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 25, 2022, 10:27:33 pm by Michael Shaw »
There was a time we used to win games in the Championship. Now fans are proud of our performance when we lose in League Two. I despair with this club and the fans. What happened to the pride and ambition we once had?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 25, 2022, 10:28:25 pm by since-1969 »
High tempo stuff, good movement all until Clayton came on and slowed us down, on another day we win that game comfortably
On another Day ? But just not another today !! Without a striker who get service yet again …we will be rolled over more than today !!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 25, 2022, 10:30:00 pm by karldew »
There was a time we used to win games in the Championship. Now fans are proud of our performance when we lose in League Two. I despair with this club and the fans. What happened to the pride and ambition we once had?

Probably because it’s nice to have some of that back.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 25, 2022, 10:37:21 pm by Lesonthewest »
Much much better, enjoyed the football we played tonight, kept the ball well & the passing & movement was good. Keep playing like that & the results will come.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 25, 2022, 10:38:59 pm by donnievic »

The booing was aimed at Stockbridge the useless tw@t.
not at half time and end of the match it wasn’t

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 25, 2022, 10:44:35 pm by roversdude »
Never heard anything at half time - which stand/s

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 25, 2022, 10:51:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

We used to lose alot of games too. Spent more time out of the Championship than in it.

Recognise an improved performance instead of using your selective memory and you might enjoy things a little more.

Pride comes from within. I'm no less proud to be a Rovers fan than I was at Wembley or Northwich Victoria. 

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 25, 2022, 10:52:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I understand your feelings and I share your frustration, but for what it's worth I think Danny Schofield is a perfect match for Rovers. Don't ask me why, because I don't know why, but maybe it's because I had a dream the other night and we were on the verge of promotion to the Championship With DS in charge.

Dead vivid it was.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 25, 2022, 10:53:00 pm by donnievic »
Never heard anything at half time - which stand/s
few in south stand

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 25, 2022, 10:54:06 pm by monkeytennis »

Did you watch the game tonight?

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 25, 2022, 10:57:42 pm by Barmby Rover »
It's like a transport back to SOD days, the result is disappointing, but the performance was good. I agree though, an enjoyable experience with a Rovers team for the first time in 2/3 seasons. If they manage to keep going with the style, do some more work on the training pitch, Rovers could have a successful season yet.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 25, 2022, 11:08:01 pm by redarmi66 »

We used to lose alot of games too. Spent more time out of the Championship than in it.

Recognise an improved performance instead of using your selective memory and you might enjoy things a little more.

Pride comes from within. I'm no less proud to be a Rovers fan than I was at Wembley or Northwich Victoria. 

Couldnt agree more.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 26, 2022, 06:07:04 am by Padge_DRFC »
Good 20 mins in the second half.

First half was poor.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 26, 2022, 07:12:00 am by Donnywolf »
I joked on way out - well it was even Steven for 2 minutes we were on top for 28 minutes and for the other 60 the ball wasn't in play

hamiltonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 26, 2022, 07:47:24 am by hamiltonrover »
So basically you’re saying, let’s not applaud or cheer anything until we’re in the Championship?
You must be fun to live with!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 26, 2022, 08:56:47 am by dickos1 »
Good 20 mins in the second half.

First half was poor.

We murdered them in the first half after the first 15-20 mins,

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 26, 2022, 09:10:44 am by mushRTID »
Steve Evan’s says they dominated territory and the ball haha.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 26, 2022, 09:13:18 am by NickDRFC »

This is such an isolated, myopic viewpoint. Painful to read.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 26, 2022, 09:26:55 am by pib »
I'm encouraged that after 5 days in the job, DS appears to have already started instilling a style of football and an actual gameplan. It was refreshing to see a Rovers team with ideas and creativity, which we can't really say has been the case for the last 18 months or more. Carry on with that trajectory and I think we'll start winning games. Unlucky not to take at least a point last night.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 26, 2022, 11:03:13 am by Donnywolf »
Steve Evan’s says they dominated territory and the ball haha.

He dominated the area in front of the TV gantry .... Bellowing every few seconds !

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on October 26, 2022, 11:59:58 am by glosterred »
On another day we’d have won that game by a country mile, we created enough good chances to be 4 or 5 up at full time. Pity about the finishing last night, although don’t think I can criticise Biggins his shot that won the cross bar challenge wasn’t to shabby.

COYR

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 26, 2022, 12:05:44 pm by Mike_F »
I said before the game last night that I wasn't expecting miracles as Schofield has been here less than a week but what I did want to see was an indication of desire to go out and win the game with attractive football.

We very much got that. Unfortunately there were plenty of utter cretins in the South Stand booing the players at full time and I really don't know what they expected or hoped for. If they couldn't see the progress we've made in a few days since Danny took over I'm really not sure that watching football is for them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 26, 2022, 06:07:42 pm by drfchound »
 :that:  Ditto from me Mike.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on October 26, 2022, 06:43:58 pm by Upton Rover »
Totally agree, however we are lacking firepower

TinyPortal © 2005-2012