Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 11:56:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the King's Lynn FA cup game  (Read 8291 times)

DN8ROVER

• VSC Member
Re: Let's talk about the King's Lynn FA cup game
« Reply #30 on October 31, 2022, 05:24:09 pm by DN8ROVER »
Reluctantly bought tickets this morning... I wanted to wait until they opened extra stands. Hope they still do and we can transfer across.

This is the kind of fixture that needs pay on the gate. Although tbf I think it should be brought back for all fixtures.
Just bought our normal seats in the West Stand on-line. South stand now also available to buy.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on October 31, 2022, 05:25:32 pm by silent majority »
£41,000, WOW!

Imagine what the club could do with that sort of money?

Re-introduce £5 for a pie & a pint in the Belle Vue Bar?

So welcome for those out of town supporters (150 mile round trip) who often find themselves at the vagaries of our motorway systems. Such ‘meagre fare’,when it’s taken you 2 hours plus to cover those miles, can seem like a lifeline to get you over the 90 minutes plus of a game.

Disabled toilets (I can only speak from personal experience in the West  Stand), would it perhaps ‘pay for’ two stewards as opposed to the current one, to stand ‘key at ready’ as the 4th official puts up the time left to half time, for them to be stood outside those facilities ready to open them on request instead of (personal experience again) having to approach 6, SIX, I kid you not, before you eventually track down the steward who holds that ‘golden key’ to those facilities.

Don’t the club realise it’s ’humiliating’ enough to have to ‘flag up’ the need to use them (hidden disabilities) without having to make a song & dance (I wish!) to all & sundry before you can obtain access to them?

So yes, for those reasons I have bored you with & of course for so much more, I look forward to another round in the cup.

Hi Colin C. I met with Gav earlier today and mentioned your point about the key.

Check your pm's.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 31, 2022, 05:50:41 pm by roversdude »
Have we sold enough to warrant opening the stands then
Not sure how it works - I paid for cup direct but received tickets in the East Stand

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 31, 2022, 06:05:02 pm by donnievic »
All stands now open for kings lynn game

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 31, 2022, 06:11:18 pm by selby »
  If that's so it is a great response to the game by our supporters, fantastic news.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on October 31, 2022, 06:12:31 pm by Filo »
Rovers can confirm that all four stands will now be in operation for Saturday’s Emirates FA Cup first round tie against King’s Lynn Town.

With recent performances leading to an increase in ticket sales, the decision has been made to give fans the opportunity to watch the game from their preferred location.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: October 31, 2022, 06:27:53 pm by glosterred »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on October 31, 2022, 06:59:25 pm by drfchound »
I said last week that good performances against Stevenage and Gillingham might make a difference as to whether we would need more seats than the East Stand could accommodate on its own.
Good response from the fans.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on November 01, 2022, 12:10:07 pm by bobbymax »
I've a question, why are seniors 65+ for this game and not the normal 60+? Is it an FA rule or an error on the official ticketing site?

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on November 01, 2022, 01:58:44 pm by curley »
Error they still have juniors @ £50 when buying online.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 01, 2022, 02:21:09 pm by silent majority »
I've a question, why are seniors 65+ for this game and not the normal 60+? Is it an FA rule or an error on the official ticketing site?

No, its an individual club thing!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on November 01, 2022, 02:39:50 pm by selby »
  Been this morning and bought my regular season tickets instead of swopping them, now I need to find someone who has been naughty to give the East stand ones to.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on November 01, 2022, 04:23:33 pm by ravenrover »
Error they still have juniors @ £50 when buying online.
But thats only a deterrent for youngsters trying to buy unaccompanied tickets. The price reverts to normal when bought with an adult ticket

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on November 01, 2022, 04:27:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
£41,000, WOW!

Imagine what the club could do with that sort of money?

Re-introduce £5 for a pie & a pint in the Belle Vue Bar?

So welcome for those out of town supporters (150 mile round trip) who often find themselves at the vagaries of our motorway systems. Such ‘meagre fare’,when it’s taken you 2 hours plus to cover those miles, can seem like a lifeline to get you over the 90 minutes plus of a game.

Disabled toilets (I can only speak from personal experience in the West  Stand), would it perhaps ‘pay for’ two stewards as opposed to the current one, to stand ‘key at ready’ as the 4th official puts up the time left to half time, for them to be stood outside those facilities ready to open them on request instead of (personal experience again) having to approach 6, SIX, I kid you not, before you eventually track down the steward who holds that ‘golden key’ to those facilities.

Don’t the club realise it’s ’humiliating’ enough to have to ‘flag up’ the need to use them (hidden disabilities) without having to make a song & dance (I wish!) to all & sundry before you can obtain access to them?

So yes, for those reasons I have bored you with & of course for so much more, I look forward to another round in the cup.

Hi Colin C. I met with Gav earlier today and mentioned your point about the key.

Check your pm's.

Replied to your pm Martin. I didn’t want to bother Gavin with this given his workload.

In a nutshell, if there are two locked disabled toilets (West Stand) then do we not need two stewards with keys stationed by those toilets at half & full time in order to unlock them for use?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2022, 04:31:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on November 01, 2022, 05:16:42 pm by bobbymax »

So it's just 65+ for this game?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on November 01, 2022, 05:52:41 pm by silent majority »

So it's just 65+ for this game?

No, that's an error. Here's the official pricing;

FA Cup Round 1
Doncaster Rovers v King’s Lynn Town
Saturday 5th November 2022 Kick off 3pm

£10 - Adult
£5 - Concessions (Over 60yrs / 18yrs – 24yrs)
£5 - Juniors (14-17yrs) 
£1 - Juniors (13yrs & Under)  - Must be accompanied by a full paying adult and purchased up to a ratio of 3:1 (Max 3 Juniors per adult).

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on November 02, 2022, 12:42:08 pm by selby »
  I see this as a test of our home support, we need a decent turn out, the club have opened up the stand so we need to back them, not leave them sparsely populated.
   If they are the club will have every right to turn around and any games that in future are deemed unattractive would just open the one stand on a regular basis.
 The prices are minimal, lower than many non league games at a much lower standard, other than dis interest we have very few excuses not to go to the game. I see it as a test of the competition itself and our supporters intentions for the club.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on November 02, 2022, 01:19:36 pm by steve@dcfd »
So as DS has said we will play the strongest side we have available and so we should.

So for me it’s

Mitchell
Knoyle
Williams
Anderson
Long or Faulkner
Maxwell
Close
Biggins
Molyneux or Taylor
Miller
Hurst or Rowe

Depending on knocks or if some are ready

We do not underestimate them or has we have done before OVERESTIMATE the level of some of our squad players.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on November 02, 2022, 01:58:41 pm by Alan Southstand »
I see this as a test of our home support

I think that test has been passed, as the ground has been opened up ‘due to increased interest’.

Let’s face it, Selby, if you applied the ‘unattractive games’ theory, the ground could have restricted opening for 70% of home league 2 fixtures! That’s part of the reason why we need to be back competing in league 1, or, preferably, the Championship.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on November 02, 2022, 08:37:54 pm by silent majority »
I see this as a test of our home support

I think that test has been passed, as the ground has been opened up ‘due to increased interest’.

Let’s face it, Selby, if you applied the ‘unattractive games’ theory, the ground could have restricted opening for 70% of home league 2 fixtures! That’s part of the reason why we need to be back competing in league 1, or, preferably, the Championship.

Let's hope so.

There's a strong chance we could lose an awful lot of money on this game if the support isn't there. You only have to look at the cost of the tickets to see how much of a gamble it is.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on November 02, 2022, 08:57:02 pm by idler »
I'm at a charity do with the wife in Bradford but I'll donate the ticket money to the club.

coventryrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on November 03, 2022, 06:39:50 am by coventryrover »
Just bought tickets for.me and my lad.    Excellent pricing as we coming up from Coventry sonhave to factor fuel.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on November 03, 2022, 10:08:56 am by selby »
That is the question Alan. Has the ground been opened up because of the ticket sales or some other outside influences?
  We might never know, the facts are we need the supporters to back the board who have opened the ground up, and slashed entrance prices to try and attract a decent following.
  The pressure is on the supporters to show we can attract decent crowds to back them up, or we cannot complain about either a reduction in stands being opened up or higher entrance fees in the future.
   The board have a remit to run the club sustainably, and with darker nights higher costs and people demanding better players and having the thoughts we run the club on a low budget, throwing money away on games should not be something we can do on a regular basis.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on November 03, 2022, 10:31:43 am by Colin C No.3 »
I'm at a charity do with the wife in Bradford but I'll donate the ticket money to the club.

That’s the spirit idler. Proper RTID thinking, good man.

Leedsrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on November 03, 2022, 12:56:32 pm by Leedsrover »
I am surprised at the apparent disinterest in this game from the Kings Lynn end.
Their website has nothing at all in the news pages.
Their forum only has a bit about only one busload coming and questions about live commentary!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on November 03, 2022, 02:00:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
Selby, you’ll notice the quote marks over my …… due to increased interest……. It’s not my thoughts, it’s what has been put out there in the media.

What you’re basically discussing is the classic chicken and egg scenario. There’s no pressure on supporters at all. Not so very long ago we had nearly as many STH’s as we are getting through the gates this last few months (and years?). Average gates were 8,000 and above.

The support is there, but we’ve had a massive decline over the last few seasons. Hopefully, we can start and get back on track, but it’ll take time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 03:13:20 pm by Alan Southstand »

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on November 03, 2022, 02:13:41 pm by Bollinger »
I am surprised at the apparent disinterest in this game from the Kings Lynn end.
Their forum only has a bit about only one busload coming and questions about live commentary!

They were struggling to get the numbers to justify a second supporters coach but suspect most would prefer to leg it up the A1 under their own steam anyway given what a pig of a place Kings Lynn is to get in and out of.

It’s the third year running they’ve had league opponents in this round,  so maybe the excitement factor isn’t quite what it might have been.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on November 03, 2022, 02:24:50 pm by Metalmicky »

I beleive that King's Lynn had sold 450 tickets by 31 October...... so a fair number coming up

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on November 03, 2022, 03:19:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
They were struggling to get the numbers to justify a second supporters coach but suspect most would prefer to leg it up the A1 under their own steam anyway given what a pig of a place Kings Lynn is to get in and out of.

Reminds me of the Scarborough away game many moons ago, when their announcer proclaimed the supporters mini-bus would be leaving at such and such a time from their stadium. Followed by the chant, from Rovers fans, ‘you’re going home in a f*****g minibus’.  :lol:

Those were the days!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on November 03, 2022, 03:56:53 pm by silent majority »
Selby, you’ll notice the quote marks over my …… due to increased interest……. It’s not my thoughts, it’s what has been put out there in the media.

What you’re basically discussing is the classic chicken and egg scenario. There’s no pressure on supporters at all. Not so very long ago we had nearly as many STH’s as we are getting through the gates this last few months (and years?). Average gates were 8,000 and above.

The support is there, but we’ve had a massive decline over the last few seasons. Hopefully, we can start and get back on track, but it’ll take time.

That's just not true, we haven't had a massive decline at all. ST's are holding their own, its the away support that has declined.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012