Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:19:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the King's Lynn FA cup game  (Read 8267 times)

coventryrover

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the King's Lynn FA cup game
« Reply #90 on November 05, 2022, 03:56:56 pm by coventryrover »
Got in just now and not a lot here.    Really disappointing.    Its a two way thing and the public need to show support    I
To watch this
   in hindsight.. which is a wonderful thing.   This is awful

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on November 05, 2022, 04:16:08 pm by normal rules »
One or two lynn players worth a look if the board have a look at their copper jar. Their work rate puts rovers to shame. Ro Shaun heads off the line as we speak.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on November 05, 2022, 04:27:35 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Reading on here I've wondered what people have been watching in the first 3 he's been in charge of. Just because he has an idea doesn't mean it's working. So far it's just as bad. We got a win v the worst Gillingham side ever.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on November 05, 2022, 04:45:37 pm by normal rules »
Lynn deserve to win this.
They’ve been better overall.
No quibbles from me.
Just gutted ffs.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on November 05, 2022, 04:49:35 pm by mpc123 »
Somebody in the club will wake up one day

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on November 05, 2022, 04:50:42 pm by normal rules »
Is this a new recent low?

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on November 05, 2022, 04:55:35 pm by Thorney »

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #97 on November 05, 2022, 04:56:30 pm by mpc123 »
We continue to be embarrassing.

I'm just fed up with it all. 43 years going and now I didn't even turn up today and only been once in the last 4 games at home, I've totally lost interest in going and slowly losing interest altogether.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on November 05, 2022, 04:58:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
That was a terrible performance from the kick off.

When was the last time we lost to a non-league side in the FA Cup proper? (Ever?).

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on November 05, 2022, 05:00:01 pm by Fal »
I was gonna go today but glad I didn’t.

They deserve their win but my god the club is embarrassing.

Feel like we on a never ending slide

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on November 05, 2022, 05:01:48 pm by Spilsby Red »
Credit to them. It’s a football game. At least they will survive for another year or so. Maybe we will go on a great run and get promoted, maybe we won’t. But guess what, life continues.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on November 05, 2022, 05:24:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Credit to them. It’s a football game. At least they will survive for another year or so. Maybe we will go on a great run and get promoted, maybe we won’t. But guess what, life continues.

But let’s not blame supporters who don’t come to games you can’t keep watching us play like that.
Let’s continue blaming managers trying to get silk purses out of sows ears. Let’s ignore the level of player we are watching now are way below the level we had even in league 1. But life does continue and we will find our level eventually.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on November 05, 2022, 05:34:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
Played off the park from minute 1 to minute 90’odd.

Even this manager can’t see when we’re being passed to death. 1 man short in midfield yet again. 3 players up top that were passengers.

The worst game I’ve seen for a long time and one which Faulkner will want to forget in a hurry - he was an accident waiting to happen all game!

I don’t think there was a single positive to take from that. They absolutely mullered us!

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on November 05, 2022, 05:57:46 pm by Silkscarf »
Well that was an absolute pile of shit. A total embarrassment of a performance.

Well done King’s Lynn, the better team by far.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on November 05, 2022, 07:41:40 pm by StocktonRover »

Even this manager can’t see when we’re being passed to death. 1 man short in midfield yet again. 3 players up top that were passengers.

The worst game I’ve seen for a long time and one which Faulkner will want to forget in a hurry - he was an accident waiting to happen all game!

I don’t think there was a single positive to take from that. They absolutely mullered us!

The only positive I could come up with was that we never dropped any points today.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on November 05, 2022, 08:32:15 pm by Lesonthewest »

I had to wonder why the manager didn't change the formation after 20 minutes when it was blatantly obvious we had no answer to their workrate, passing, & wanting it more. Then at half time no change, or early second half, can't understand why he didn't.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on November 05, 2022, 08:39:11 pm by dickos1 »
Some of the posts here are an embarrassment, slagging off a 17 years old let who’s been brilliant for us, slagging off a manager after 3 games
Absolute embarrassment

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on November 06, 2022, 09:55:10 am by selby »
  I have my own thoughts on football progress in England at the moment, which is that the Academy system and nonleague  football are slowly heading in opposite directions as far as the style of football is concerned.
 Nonleague at the higher levels being much more physical and direct, and academy football being pretty side to side keep the ball at all costs, and nonleague employing a high press man on man much more, and more individual battles in every area of the pitch.
  Another thing that has changed is the fitness of the nonleague players, they no longer blow up thirty minutes from the end of a game which used to be the norm.
  The top nonleague teams are no doubt evolving faster, are now getting better Astro training facilities which allows their fitness levels and training schedules to nearly match the league level clubs, and in many cases their managers are more tactically and game management more proactive and quicker to react to situations.
  Its more obvious when clubs drop out of the league, getting back is hellish hard now for anyone.
  The revolution in this country is out at the top with the big clubs drawing away with all their riches to cherry pick the best players in the world and it is hard to see that ever changing now, other than breaking away from their national leagues and forming the European League eventually.
  But I can see the middle ground being squeezed by teams coming to the fore from underneath, especially if their  income is reduced when the break away of top sides comes along and the TV riches follow them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012