Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:14:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Good Lord  (Read 2435 times)

philsky

• Forum Member
Good Lord
« on January 01, 2023, 05:18:32 pm by philsky »

Where did that come from.

Having young legs on the pitch was the key for me.

See ya'll at Leyton.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Dav

• Forum Member
Re: Good Lord
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2023, 05:24:16 pm by The Dav »
A professional performance, close, Biggins, hurst in fact the whole team were an absolute revelation today ! Let’s hope we’ve turned the corner now and DS has finally got them moving in the right direction consistently!  Well done today boys.

CaptainStock

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2023, 05:27:40 pm by CaptainStock »
Williams was excellent today. Although I'd rather have Knoyle at RWB, Seaman is starting to put in some good performances too. Biggins and Close are the best midfield 2 pairing for us right now. I feel for Molyneaux, his work rate and effort deserves a goal

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2023, 05:31:49 pm by Chris Black come back »
Rowe, Younger, Taylor, Faulkner, Olowu and Griffiths I think are only lads out injured now.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2023, 05:35:31 pm by glosterred »
That’s the type of performance that we, the fans have been craving for. That’s what we want, win, lose or draw if the team keep performing like that, we will go away happy.

COYR

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2023, 06:03:41 pm by mushRTID »
Finally a performance!
Frustrating not to keep a clean sheet but it’s a huge step forwards.

Made Carlisle look useless until they scored.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2023, 07:13:31 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Huge difference is Hurst and Molly. Where they show and pick up the ball makes it tixk better. No coincidence we were clinging on when the front 3 were replaced.

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2023, 09:07:57 pm by Donny Exile in York »
A great performance today which was really pleasing to see. Every player put a shift in through out and played well. Glad for Hirst to score after the earlier miss and thought Miller lead the line well. Now can we find some consistency.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2023, 10:10:02 pm by andyst79 »
Williams was excellent today. Although I'd rather have Knoyle at RWB, Seaman is starting to put in some good performances too. Biggins and Close are the best midfield 2 pairing for us right now. I feel for Molyneaux, his work rate and effort deserves a goal
I do miss Knoyles endeavour as a full back, however he gives us so much versatility in a back 3 with his pace. I thought collectively the back 3/5 were excellent as a unit today.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2023, 10:31:11 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Well, who saw that coming?!

So glad DS stuck with the IX that ground out a result against Rochdale. We started out with positivity & real purpose, for the first time I hope I gleamed an idea as to how (with this group of players) DS believes we can move forward.

Carlisle are a good team but we matched them up superbly.

We had endeavour, pace & AT LAST, a tactic/plan the players could understand & ‘buy into’.

We had options in midfield, wing backs doing that ‘extra mile’ & a No.9 I swear will be running still!

You proved me wrong boys, you did us proud.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2023, 09:28:29 am by ravenrover »
I cannot understand his reasoning in taking Miller off for Agard, yes George runs his blood to water but even a knackered Miller puts more pressure on their back 4 than Agard. It it is just not Agards game bring him on to partner Miller but not in place of. Those last 10mins got far more edgy than they needed to be because of the substitutions

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2023, 11:23:36 am by Padge_DRFC »
That whole front 3 at the end of the game is a massive drop in quality with and without the ball. Couldn't think of 3 worse players to bring on. Hurst and Molly are as good as anyone on their day in this league. Hopefully have Rowe in the mixer next week too

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2023, 12:10:19 pm by Canadian Rover »
That whole front 3 at the end of the game is a massive drop in quality with and without the ball. Couldn't think of 3 worse players to bring on. Hurst and Molly are as good as anyone on their day in this league. Hopefully have Rowe in the mixer next week too

Better than brining on Vilca, Cukur and Dodoo!

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 02, 2023, 12:52:47 pm by andyst79 »
To be fair the front 3 had ran themselves into the ground. If it had been 1-0 I'd have left it as it was but can see the reasoning, trying to save players for the next game and running the clock down with the subs. It was just unfortunate we conceded

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 02, 2023, 03:27:42 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Better than brining on Vilca, Cukur and Dodoo!

Imagine a 3 a side match between them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012