Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:09:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pub Meet for Orient Game.  (Read 653 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Pub Meet for Orient Game.
« on January 01, 2023, 05:27:01 pm by normal rules »
The Leyton Technical on the high rd is closed. And the coach and horses is home fans only. so I’ve had a look on ground guide and we ( my lad and myself) will be heading to the Birbeck Tavern.

From a previous report :     ‘the best pub near to the ground is the Birkbeck Tavern in Langthorne Road, behind the tube station’. Mick Hubbard adds; ‘Arriving at Leyton underground station, we headed for the Birkbeck Tavern, a place you would not chance upon, as it is in a residential area around the back of the station. This place was a throwback, a real old-fashioned boozer. It hadn’t seen a lick on paint for about 30 years I reckon.  Decor and soft furnishings were, shall we say, functional. Four real ales were on offer, a fact I only found out after squeezing my way to the bar and ordering the only one in view to me which was called Rita’s Special. If ever you visit Orient, and you like a decent pint, look this place up. To find this pub, then from the Tube Station turn left and then go left down the stairs at the gap in the railings. At the bottom of the stairs turn left and follow this road to the end. Then turn right and then take the next left into Langthorne Road. The pub is further down on the left’. This pub offers a number of rotating guest beers alongside Rita’s Special. Apparently, this is a Courage Beer named by the pub after a former landlady.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member

TinyPortal © 2005-2012