Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 06:25:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Knoyle  (Read 19983 times)

SLomas

Kyle Knoyle
« on January 12, 2023, 07:26:00 pm by SLomas »
Signing for Stockport County by all accounts

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

redarmi66

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Knoyle
« Reply #1 on January 12, 2023, 08:41:57 pm by redarmi66 »
Yeah ok. 1st post.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 12, 2023, 08:42:28 pm by Barmby Rover »
For a bare minimum fee as his contract is virtually up. Good luck to the lad if this is true.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 12, 2023, 08:47:27 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Stockport fans have heard the rumour so it’s likely happening

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 12, 2023, 08:55:10 pm by Canadian Rover »
Si Lomas - Stockport fan who actually started his own rumour on Twitter.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
 and whilst you are working that  out ............   I think I will have a word with the Gillingham owner about tempting him to become a RAT

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 13, 2023, 10:15:24 am by DonnyOsmond »
Pete O'Rourke has picked this up now. Might have some legs as he sometimes gets them right.

https://twitter.com/SportsPeteO/status/1613840679473451008?t=Bh8CM6gn7kIs4sv7DOBYaA&s=19

Shocking decision if we do let one of our League One quality players go. We're in for a few season stay in League Two if this is our ambition.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 13, 2023, 10:20:27 am by Chris Black come back »
If correct, then we are I think net 2 players down in the squad this window so far, with Andrews (who yes hasn’t contributed much) and potentially Knoyle, having left.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 13, 2023, 10:22:38 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Everyone has a price, you'd sell him if the fee's right IMO.  He's been good this season but personally I thought he was rubbish last season.  I think a lot of that is how he's used, he's been better either in the centre or as a wing back in a five.  As a full back in a 4 I don't think it suits him.

He's replaceable, out of contract and possibly a higher earner so if we could get an appropriate fee I'd sell.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 13, 2023, 10:24:22 am by Chris Black come back »
He wasn’t great last season although admittedly in a truly terrible side. He’s been much better this season, but whatever you think about him the truth is that the back line isn’t great already and one of the better players from that undeniably terrible unit has departed.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 13, 2023, 10:25:43 am by vaya »
The 'Goals Against' column makes it pretty hard to make a case for any of our defenders empirically.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 13, 2023, 10:26:26 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
He wasn’t great last season although admittedly in a truly terrible side. He’s been much better this season, but whatever you think about him the truth is that the back line isn’t great already and one of the better players from that undeniably terrible unit has departed.

It's a fair point and I should have added that he's shown improvement and potentially has a fair bit of improvement and potential in him, so that's something that would potentially make it a bad move.  But based on the last 2 years I'm not sure there's many players we'd say are a big miss.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 13, 2023, 10:30:35 am by pib »

...and to a potential play-off rival too. Doesn't make great reading if true.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 13, 2023, 10:36:27 am by donnievic »
Out of contract in the summer so if doesn’t want to sign a new deal what ever it may be or maybe not even offered one,who knows then surely best to sell him and get sumthing for him now

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 13, 2023, 10:43:25 am by grayx »
Out of contract in the summer so if doesn’t want to sign a new deal what ever it may be or maybe not even offered one,who knows then surely best to sell him and get sumthing for him now
Agree, or offer him a better deal if we really wanna keep him.

SLomas

« Reply #15 on January 13, 2023, 11:04:36 am by SLomas »
Not a rumour I get bits of info and was told this was imminent yesterday afternoon our journalist has picked up on this now https://twitter.com/_SByrne/status/1613852107047575552?t=UYRhqndRrZjfspI4rh-KWg&s=19

What's he like we prefer a pacy underlapping, overlapping type wingback with attacking intent

I can't remember much of him in our game earlier in season as after crap sending off it descended into the alamo!

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 13, 2023, 11:09:33 am by Rovers91 »
Cant say I'm surprised probably pissed off playing out of position and lack of ambition by club.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 13, 2023, 11:11:56 am by vaya »
Cant say I'm surprised probably pissed off playing out of position and lack of ambition by club.

....or doesn't relish the possibility of getting booed by his own fans for 80 minutes.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 13, 2023, 11:13:12 am by bpoolrover »
It’s plain to see our squad is not good enough at the minute and I don’t think the lack of signings to improve the squad will help

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 13, 2023, 11:15:27 am by steve@dcfd »
If this is true he is one of the players we can get a small fee for with 6months on his contract. Stockport could be offering a better contract than renewing with us. The length of contract will be 2 years as last time I would have thought.
If he does go then he will need replacing quickly with a player who will accept our terms will he be better we will find out. Will he be gone before Saturday or if he is going will he be available on Saturday. We wait to see the truth and maybe the club will tell us if this is true or not. Under the 343 system that DS plays he is a good RWB but unfortunately at the moment he’s having to play RSD which limits his game.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 13, 2023, 11:49:29 am by pib »
Poor.

Even though we are only outsiders for promotion at the moment, one surefire way of making our chances even more remote is by letting our better players walk away. I would imagine the financial rewards of promotion would far exceed any fee we can get for him with 6 months left on his contract.

Very disappointing, but not remotely surprising.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 13, 2023, 11:56:06 am by ncRover »
Not a rumour I get bits of info and was told this was imminent yesterday afternoon our journalist has picked up on this now https://twitter.com/_SByrne/status/1613852107047575552?t=UYRhqndRrZjfspI4rh-KWg&s=19

What's he like we prefer a pacy underlapping, overlapping type wingback with attacking intent

I can't remember much of him in our game earlier in season as after crap sending off it descended into the alamo!

As a wing back in a back 3 or 5 system he is perfect. Pacey, skilfull and durable. Defensively questionable at times, often caught out in a back 4.

That's my opinion anyway.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 13, 2023, 11:59:41 am by ncRover »
Poor.

Even though we are only outsiders for promotion at the moment, one surefire way of making our chances even more remote is by letting our better players walk away. I would imagine the financial rewards of promotion would far exceed any fee we can get for him with 6 months left on his contract.

Very disappointing, but not remotely surprising.

I think you're right about the small fee not offseting the potential impact on the club for the rest of the season.

We were told promotion is a priority but actions speak louder than words.

That being said, the club wouldn't have been ready for L1 football next season anyway even before this IMO.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 13, 2023, 12:00:17 pm by dickos1 »
Just shows us up again for not sorting out contracts earlier for our better players

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 13, 2023, 12:06:59 pm by Filo »
No idea if this is true or not, but I never thought for one minute the first news of the transfer window would be that one of our better players was on the move to Stockport f**king County!

How far have we fallen when we can’t hang onto our players when bids from the likes of Stockport County come in!

The silence from the club at the moment is deafening!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 13, 2023, 12:08:22 pm by Alan Southstand »
If this is true, please don’t tell me Seaman is his replacement!

The list of players we need seems to be getting bigger!

SLomas

« Reply #26 on January 13, 2023, 12:10:29 pm by SLomas »

As a wing back in a back 3 or 5 system he is perfect. Pacey, skilfull and durable. Defensively questionable at times, often caught out in a back 4.

That's my opinion anyway.

Thanks for input we play back 3 or 5 whichever way look at it with wingbacks so seems a good fit for us

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 13, 2023, 12:10:35 pm by ncRover »
If correct, then we are I think net 2 players down in the squad this window so far, with Andrews (who yes hasn’t contributed much) and potentially Knoyle, having left.

And Tomlin don't forget

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 13, 2023, 12:12:45 pm by normal rules »
Sad if true. He is one who has been developing with the team and better to come from him imho. Him and charlie linked up well in the first half at Orient.

SLomas

« Reply #29 on January 13, 2023, 12:15:42 pm by SLomas »
No idea if this is true or not, but I never thought for one minute the first news of the transfer window would be that one of our better players was on the move to Stockport f**king County!

How far have we fallen when we can’t hang onto our players when bids from the likes of Stockport County come in!

The silence from the club at the moment is deafening!

Understand obvious frustrations when one of your own leaves, but we are probably as attractive a proposition than we've ever been to be honest

Only just starting out in our project and having overcome biggest hurdle of escaping national league our ground development plans start in earnest end of season

Add in he will probably get 3 year deal and hefty pay rise and our owner will probably put him and his young family up in the City suites he owns in Manchester too then its a big selling point for a lot of players

Drawing best crowds we ever have even more so in our prime in what is now Championship, training facility second to none in this league then can see why he moves, ambition is limitless at moment

But yes I'd be exactly same in this scenario when lose one if best players in division to a club in same league it will always rankle with fanbase, guess it was take a fee now or lose him for nowt in this instance

TinyPortal © 2005-2012