Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:16:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Blackpool v Burnley death.  (Read 1373 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Blackpool v Burnley death.
« on March 06, 2023, 06:07:31 pm by normal rules »
Shocking news coming out of Blackpool. Rival supporters clash outside a boozer and a lad needlessly loses his life as a result of a head injury.
I’ve seen loads of fb posts of late almost celebrating a good row at the footy. Utter, utter madness.
It only takes one punch. I’ve seen it far too many times.
I don’t know the full circs, but nothing deserves this.
RIP to the lad concerned, and condolences to his family and friends.
I hope they have the person(s) responsible.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
Re: Blackpool v Burnley death.
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2023, 06:46:25 pm by Spud »
Terrible news, thoughts with his family.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2023, 08:30:51 pm by Spilsby Red »
Absolutely shocking. Since crowds have come back after covid, football violence has gone stupid. Stern prison sentences needed not bans. Going back to the 80s. There have been so many bad injuries/deaths.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2023, 08:44:46 pm by Silkscarf »
It’s young men misbehaving. We see this every day all over the country. Football is not really the main issue.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2023, 08:56:37 pm by mrfrostsdad »
It’s young men misbehaving. We see this every day all over the country. Football is not really the main issue.

You are quite correct.
Unfortunately for me, I know what one punch can do. Just over 5 years ago, I was assaulted, just one punch.
Multiple skull fractures, two brain haemorrhages, a broken rib, and I lost the use of my legs for a couple of weeks.
I lost my drivers license for six months, had to cancel a holiday and had five months off work sick. But I got better thankfully.
I've seen it at work too often. The next one after me in the local area, died. He was 15 years younger than me.
In general people don't have a clue

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2023, 10:04:55 pm by drfchound »

You are quite correct.
Unfortunately for me, I know what one punch can do. Just over 5 years ago, I was assaulted, just one punch.
Multiple skull fractures, two brain haemorrhages, a broken rib, and I lost the use of my legs for a couple of weeks.
I lost my drivers license for six months, had to cancel a holiday and had five months off work sick. But I got better thankfully.
I've seen it at work too often. The next one after me in the local area, died. He was 15 years younger than me.

That is a shocking tale matey.
Hopefully you are fully recovered.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2023, 11:03:51 pm by mrfrostsdad »

You are quite correct.

I'm absolutely fine thanks Hound. It took me 3 or 4 months to get the strength back in my legs and for the headaches to go.
Psychologically it took longer. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to see a good Psycotherapist, who I swear to this day used to wear a shorter skirt every time I went to see her!!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2023, 12:17:20 am by bpoolrover »
a lot of it is not just young men thou many are in there 40 and 50s

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 07, 2023, 05:24:11 am by Silkscarf »
You’re right of course. Some never grow up.

It’s never girls or women though.

This hideous and pointless death is the extreme result. But this behaviour causes a lot of other lesser problems too. At football and everywhere else. We don’t want this.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2023, 06:50:37 am by normal rules »

The lad that died was 55

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2023, 05:09:15 pm by Janso »

You are quite correct.

I'm absolutely fine thanks Hound. It took me 3 or 4 months to get the strength back in my legs and for the headaches to go.
Psychologically it took longer. I was fortunate enough to be able to afford to see a good Psycotherapist, who I swear to this day used to wear a shorter skirt every time I went to see her!!

That's to make sure you kept coming back. ;)

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2023, 08:44:41 pm by mrfrostsdad »

You are quite correct.

That's to make sure you kept coming back. ;)

40 quid an hour for a very short skirt seemed good value to me!!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012