Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:43:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mitchell  (Read 12861 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Mitchell
« Reply #120 on November 03, 2023, 07:06:30 pm by Campsall rover »
Guaranteed to have his best performance when we meet.
We will be in The FA Cup 3rd round won’t we on January 6th. ( He says hopefully ) so the Harrogate game will be re arranged.
His loan is until 31st Dec so unless it is extended he might not play against us anyway.
If he does he will have a blinder, that’s guaranteed.

Personally I think he was no where near as bad as some of our supporters made him out to be.
Yes he dropped a few clangers but let’s face it with that defence and midfield in front of him how many goalkeepers would look good.
He gained us more points than he gave away last season. There were quite a number of games where he was outstanding. Some people have very short memories.
His distribution was awful but I put that down mainly to what Schofield was telling him to do.
He wasn’t allowed to use his own brain and kick it long when the high press was used on us.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 07:23:04 pm by Campsall rover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on November 03, 2023, 07:38:12 pm by ncRover »
We will be in The FA Cup 3rd round won’t we on January 6th. ( He says hopefully ) so the Harrogate game will be re arranged.
His loan is until 31st Dec so unless it is extended he might not play against us anyway.

Personally I think he was no where near as bad as some of our supporters made him out to be.
Yes he dropped a few clangers but let’s face it with that defence and midfield in front of him how many goalkeepers would look good.
He gained us more points than he gave away last season. There were quite a number of games where he was outstanding. Some people have very short memories.
His distribution was awful but I put that down mainly to what Schofield was telling him to do.
He wasn’t allowed to use his own brain and kick it long when the high press was used on us.

Simply not true.

Mitchell had double the “errors leading to goals” (4) than the next error-prone goalie in the league.

Then, out of 25 regular goalkeepers he was ranked 23rd in the league for “goals prevented” based on xG. He let in 7.9 more than would be expected from the shots he faced (FotMob).

So he cost us points for sure.

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on November 03, 2023, 07:57:10 pm by karldew »
13/2 for relegation with skybet

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on November 03, 2023, 10:14:51 pm by Campsall rover »

Simply not true.

Mitchell had double the “errors leading to goals” (4) than the next error-prone goalie in the league.

Then, out of 25 regular goalkeepers he was ranked 23rd in the league for “goals prevented” based on xG. He let in 7.9 more than would be expected from the shots he faced (FotMob).

We probably had one of the the worst defences in the league.
Pickford would have made errors playing in our team.

XG means nothing to me. I use my eyes and I know what i saw.  You can use statistics to as much as you like but usually they can be very misleading.
You can have 80% possession in a football match have 25 shots on goal, don’t score and the opposition have 20% possession and 2 shots on goal and they win 2-0

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on November 03, 2023, 10:29:09 pm by dickos1 »

Can’t be a loan!

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on November 03, 2023, 10:31:03 pm by Harrogate Rover »
Hope youre right about us being in the 3rd round Camps, as it may also give Town a bit more time to finish work on their away end. Swindon, the next visitors to the Envirovent, have only been allocated 428 tickets for the away end, considerably less than the 600 or so we had last season. It is supposed to be completed by Autumn 2023, but there hasnt been anything updated locally about when it'll be done!

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on November 03, 2023, 11:11:18 pm by Ryaldinhio »

He was a good shot stopper for me it was only distribution that let him down. I hope we practice throw ins the week leading up to that game.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on November 04, 2023, 06:57:38 am by NickDRFC »

Simply not true.

XG means nothing to me. I use my eyes and I know what i saw.  You can use statistics to as much as you like but usually they can be very misleading.
You can have 80% possession in a football match have 25 shots on goal, don’t score and the opposition have 20% possession and 2 shots on goal and they win 2-0

I think you’re in the minority there - most fans thought he was a poor keeper (using their eyes) and it’s backed up by the data. These aren’t misleading statistics, they’re widely used and will be a large part of the reason that he’s not managed to find a club for the past 4 months.

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #128 on November 04, 2023, 07:07:06 am by RugbyRover »

Simply not true.

Pickford would have been motm every game in our team.
Just because a keepers asked to make saves doesn't mean he's going to make mistakes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on November 04, 2023, 08:18:11 am by Campsall rover »

Simply not true.

Pickford would have been motm every game in our team.
Just because a keepers asked to make saves doesn't mean he's going to make mistakes.
You know what I mean though.
If the defence are not solid then it’s a nightmare for the goalkeeper.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on November 04, 2023, 08:41:54 am by Chris Black come back »
Putting Mitchell to one side, we had a terrible defensive unit last season and it is not especially wonderful now.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on November 04, 2023, 08:54:36 am by ncRover »

Simply not true.

Yes stats can be misleading, that’s why I didn’t use “saves per 90” or “save percentage”.

Hartlepool had a worse defence than us and their goalkeeper Killip was clear of Mitchell on all the save metrics and had half the errors leading to goals.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on November 04, 2023, 03:51:22 pm by Chris Black come back »
On bench today away to Marine in FA Cup.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012