Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:30:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Are we just too nice?  (Read 1031 times)

5minstogo

• Forum Member
Are we just too nice?
« on March 19, 2023, 08:34:48 am by 5minstogo »
Are we too charitable?

Currently top of the fairplay table, our only red card being Tomlin's farce in the opening game.

We seem incapable of putting in a tackle, the only one of note I can remember was Ravenhill at Bradford, an old school strong but fair challenge.

Yesterday for instance, Hendry smashed Oluwu twice early on,  prompting a chat from the ref. Clearly played on Oluwu's mind as he gifted the first goal.

Second half Touray chased Seaman all the way back to the byline and smashed it out of play, we've had no one do that.

The amount of players I've seen pull out of tackles this season is embarrassing. Scared to get hurt or not willing to commit to the cause?

When Brown signed we were told by Stockport fans that he was a tough tackler and a bit rash at times, we've not seen this.

Hearts like peas and this seems to be trickling down from the very top.

Am I wrong?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
Re: Are we just too nice?
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2023, 08:44:45 am by Lesonthewest »
Spot on, when there player chased that ball down I just we don't have a single player that would have done that, not one. We have a team of lily livered players that put nowhere near enough effort or pride in their performance.  There aren't many managers that would accept these kind of performances, ours does. Maybe this is where it's manifested from. Would love to see our training sessions.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2023, 08:52:49 am by Bentley Bullet »
We tend to run up to opponents who are in possession of the ball, then stand in front of them and watch them pass the ball unchallenged.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2023, 08:56:15 am by since-1969 »
Wtf “ Are we just too nice? ”

It’s obvious isn’t it .., we are just not good enough . No leadership on the pitch, no obvious strategy both on the ball or off . Schofield HAS to know that he’s just not got the players minds on the pitch ! Taxi long over due !!

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2023, 08:58:12 am by Donny Exile in York »
Yes have been since McCann left. Some might say spineless.

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2023, 09:08:50 am by DD »
As Ive said on all my other posts
“POWDERPUFF”…..weak, insipid, lightweight, crumble at any time.
But as much as they are Schofields players - Coppinger oversees this strategy - both to go for me

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2023, 11:17:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
every time we play the commentators say how tall the opposition is

funnily enough commentator said that this season about the Millwall team when Rotherham played them .  Nice for the shoe to be on the other foot though ....

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 20, 2023, 12:57:46 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Yes we are. Under O’Driscoll we were lightweight but we could play football. This side doesn’t seem able to mix it with anybody.
To win championships you need to be able to do both.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 20, 2023, 01:08:00 pm by Bessie Red »
Yes we are. Under O’Driscoll we were lightweight but we could play football. This side doesn’t seem able to mix it with anybody.
To win championships you need to be able to do both.
To win games in lge 2 you just need to be well organised, extremely aggressive (nasty buggers even!) and get the ball in the oppos box as quickly and as often as you can. The defenders will always make mistakes at this level.

ctay

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 20, 2023, 03:50:02 pm by ctay »
Yes spot on, Close & Biggins hardly put a foot in never mind a tackle. Anderson is a not a nasty sod like Rob Jones was, and neither is Roshaun or Olowu.

We lack any kind of physical player all over the park.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012