Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 07:32:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bobby Faulkner  (Read 1296 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Bobby Faulkner
« on March 25, 2023, 10:06:49 pm by selby »
  Totally  publicly ignored and abused by a team management that don't know how to project for the good of the club financially, or the good of a young players career if it got up and smacked them in the face.
   To bring him back from Spennymoor where he would get 90 minutes and be appreciated by the management and their fans, and was being followed by bigger and better clubs than Doncaster Rovers to sit on the bench and watch that rubbish straight out of the annals of the football coaching manual for dumb asses was the biggest crime of all today.
  We are a laughing stock, the reporters in the press area in the West stand were laughing their heads off from first minute to last. In three games we have let in six goals and four of them have been a direct result of defensive and goal keeper errors of our own making, and to think after the Kings Lynn game the plonker in charge said publicly Bobby was not ready technically for first team games, undermining his transfer value at a stroke, and has held that game over him ever since while coaching others to drop a  B*****K a game.
  In seventy one years supporting this club I have seen two Chairmen who purposely tried and succeeded to suck the club dry Bates and Richardson and the club suffer and take time to recover, we have had good and bad managers, some managers with impossible resources to achieve any success, but never have I felt that any were as inept, dogmatic, and unwilling to change tact for the good of the team as this present lot.
  My gut feeling is if we don't change we will take another five years to recover, and don't anyone tell me that the last few games reflect the Budget, it's down to ineptitude at team management level, we have notably gone backwards since this manager and his team were appointed.   

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Bobby Faulkner
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2023, 10:18:27 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Yes so stupid to bring him back from game time for the sake of been injury cover. Then Long is back anyway! Not like we are going for the title and any lack of depth would cost us.

For Bobby’s and any other talented youngster at the club the silver lining is this can’t last much longer. Hopefully DS hasn’t done any permanent damage and Bobby still has the club at heart

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2023, 10:35:41 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I'd get Bobby in and move Tommy forward. It can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 26, 2023, 09:29:28 am by drfchound »
  Totally  publicly ignored and abused by a team management that don't know how to project for the good of the club financially, or the good of a young players career if it got up and smacked them in the face.
   To bring him back from Spennymoor where he would get 90 minutes and be appreciated by the management and their fans, and was being followed by bigger and better clubs than Doncaster Rovers to sit on the bench and watch that rubbish straight out of the annals of the football coaching manual for dumb asses was the biggest crime of all today.
  We are a laughing stock, the reporters in the press area in the West stand were laughing their heads off from first minute to last. In three games we have let in six goals and four of them have been a direct result of defensive and goal keeper errors of our own making, and to think after the Kings Lynn game the plonker in charge said publicly Bobby was not ready technically for first team games, undermining his transfer value at a stroke, and has held that game over him ever since while coaching others to drop a  B*****K a game.
  In seventy one years supporting this club I have seen two Chairmen who purposely tried and succeeded to suck the club dry Bates and Richardson and the club suffer and take time to recover, we have had good and bad managers, some managers with impossible resources to achieve any success, but never have I felt that any were as inept, dogmatic, and unwilling to change tact for the good of the team as this present lot.
  My gut feeling is if we don't change we will take another five years to recover, and don't anyone tell me that the last few games reflect the Budget, it's down to ineptitude at team management level, we have notably gone backwards since this manager and his team were appointed.   

We were saying just this at the game yesterday.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 26, 2023, 10:31:34 am by idler »
We did the stadium tour before the match yesterday and were in the dressing room as the players were coming in. H had a good chat with George Miller and Zain Westbrook. Ben Faulkner came over and shook hands and had a few words, he seems a really nice lad and I was looking forward to seeing him get some game time.
I thought that the game  was crying out for his effort and commitment. Sadly DS thought otherwise.
The sixth home game on the trot that I drove home absolutely demoralised.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 26, 2023, 10:48:04 am by steve@dcfd »
Nelson back for the next game so the  Faulkner decision looks ludicrous if he’s not playing.
Why he won’t move Rowe forward with two other central midfield players is astounding. All to play 343 which on the attacking side is not working and defensive errors are get us to lose games. Is anybody in charge at our club bothered they are not indicating they are.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 26, 2023, 10:49:52 am by Bessie Red »
We are not going up & not going down this season. Any sane manager would use the last 8 games to bring in and assess our youth players to see how they fit in and how their development is going. The fans would understand and appreciate seeing what our future players are like. Faulkner, Kuleya, Goodman, Flint, Bottomley, Degruchy, Ravenhill, Long should all be included in the match day squad/team and told to go out and play without any fear.
Also any players that will not be here next season should not be in the match day squad for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:53:01 am by Bessie Red »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 26, 2023, 10:50:14 am by Alan Southstand »
Nelson inured with England.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 26, 2023, 10:51:23 am by Bessie Red »
Nelson inured with England.
Yeah noticed that he came off on 33mins!

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 26, 2023, 01:28:48 pm by wilts rover »
I'd get Bobby in and move Tommy forward. It can't be that hard to figure out, can it?

There is certainly a case for including Faulkner in the starting XI - but why would you replace the left-sided defender with someone who is right footed?

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 26, 2023, 01:41:44 pm by danumdon »

There is certainly a case for including Faulkner in the starting XI - but why would you replace the left-sided defender with someone who is right footed?

It's not a case of left or right foot, its using the correct tool for the job, ie, a defender playing in a defensive position instead of a midfielder who made his name as an attacking midfielder being asked to do what is probably his weakest role just because he has a left foot?

Remember we also have flexibility in playing Olowu or Anderson there as they have done on previous occasions.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 26, 2023, 01:49:00 pm by Bessie Red »

It's not a case of left or right foot, its using the correct tool for the job, ie, a defender playing in a defensive position instead of a midfielder who made his name as an attacking midfielder being asked to do what is probably his weakest role just because he has a left foot?

Remember we also have flexibility in playing Olowu or Anderson there as they have done on previous occasions.
Second half Tommy Rowe did one of his trademark drives through midfield and was only stopped by a foul on the edge of the box. So refreshing to see him still able to do that. DS must put him back in midfield to get us driving forward like that, but he won't because it's not part of the process!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012