Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:35:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wanted -Rovers Retro Shirt - (1984 - 1987, Pilkington Glass Sponsor)  (Read 2294 times)

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
Hi,

With a birthday present in mind, I’ve been searching for a specific retro rovers shirt. So quite a specific request but thought I’d give it a go!

Looking to see if anyone has for sale a Rovers home or away shirt with Pilkington Glass as the sponsor, believe this was between 1984 - 1987. Or if anyone would know a site etc to locate one! - I’ve attached a couple of images of the shirts from online.

Many thanks!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
Sorry, cant help, but just wanted to say I really liked those two shirts at the time. As a fan who started out 83/84 season I had only been exposed to ‘the hoops’ for one season.

I do recall, however, that the new home design very much split opinion at the time as many thought it was a bit too ‘Rotherham’ for their liking.

It was also the first home shirt I owned as my first ever shirt was the green 83/84 away one.

afro goal machine

• Forum Member
Did you find these shirts ? There was defo remakes of the red one online some time ago

Tom-RTID

• Forum Member
Re: Wanted -Rovers Retro Shirt - (1984 - 1987, Pilkington Glass Sponsor)
« Reply #3 on February 02, 2024, 02:31:37 pm by Tom-RTID »
Unfortunately no luck finding either - Yes when Googling for the home shirt, it does come up with a site called 'Headlock Vintage Clothing' however it appears to have been sold out for quite a while on there, so not seen it available. The Elite Pro Sports site does have the away shirt from 83-84 with CIL as a sponsor, but unfortunately not the Pilkington Glass one from a couple of years later.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012