Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:27:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Stevenage game  (Read 4917 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Let's talk about the Stevenage game
« on April 16, 2023, 01:06:46 am by selby »
  Not many will give us much of a chance of getting anything from this game against the third in the table side on Tuesday night who are led by Mr Evans, and a side that were miles ahead of us at the Eco Power Stadium earlier in the season, and on the face of it it could be a long sad journey home if we don't buck our ideas up.
  At least we have started to show some improvement in the goal scoring area with Barlow showing some form in the last two games with two well taken goals and Molineux also getting in on the act.  Agard has shown he has more about him than has been apparent earlier in the season, but we don't seem to be able to stop giving absolutely gifts of goals away at the other end, goalkeeper mistakes and air shots being regular ways of giving goals away in different games, and our next to non existent midfield give the edge of the penalty area away every game for shots in without a challenge that have resulted in goals all season, and an area Stevenage will look to have a shot from.
  We can do very little to change the make up of the side, now we are mathematically safe would you bring in Flint and Anderson as subs? although getting changed like Goodman is not exactly bringing a young player through, they do need a bit of action in games to find out their true level and to get better, carting them about the country to watch a game sat on the bench is no good at all to  Goodman or anyone else.
  No doubt our young back line if they play as a three are going to get a first hand lesson in the dark arts of the game, which will do them no harm for the rest of their careers in the game but doesn't endear Mr Evans teams to supporters, and they will need our midfield to show up for a game for a change if we are to not get a thrashing, and Ravenhill will be targeted to ruffle him up for a sending off no doubt.
  Would you change the keeper? as he is having a torrid error strewn period at the moment, I would.
  All I am looking for now is to show some pride and fighting qualities, combined with a sign that we can actually get through a game without gifting goals away, not easy in this game, but if a team scores it would be nice to make them work hard for any reward, and the mid field that has been poor all season must work in front of the back line to make it more difficult for teams to play through them and keep the ball further up the field.
  I really am not expecting much result wise, but we need to see improvement, and basically know the approach Stevenage will take into the game, their spoiling tactics and the pressure the officials will come under, and need to match their attitude, a big test for some of our youngsters.
   What do you think? please have your say.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Stevenage game
« Reply #1 on April 16, 2023, 04:40:28 am by Chris Black come back »
They have the second highest home points total this season (one point behind Orient) and no side has won more home league games this season or scored more home league goals this season. Their recent form isn’t great though and since hammering Orient 3-0 at home in January, they have lost 3 of their 7 home league games and conceded in 6 of them.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 16, 2023, 07:13:40 am by Donnywolf »
I can't see us getting anything from this game.

We did OK yesterday against relegation threatened Team till we were 2 0 up

Then threw away what should have been a possible winning lead so I am not confident that if we go 1 up v Stevenage we can hold that lead

And if we go one down I couldn't see us coming back to even scrape a draw

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 16, 2023, 08:17:55 am by Upton Rover »
Hope we lose  by biggest margin ever

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 16, 2023, 08:29:05 am by dickos1 »

This is the kind of toxicity that’s been talked about on another thread.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 16, 2023, 08:32:55 am by sedwardsdrfc »
We should lose against a top team in the division with the amount of players out we now have. For DS it’s about how we play and how we lose. A fighting loss when we have a few chances would be an improvement

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 16, 2023, 08:33:55 am by Canadian Rover »

Agreed Dickos but supporters are looking at the long term status of the club. In their opinion they fear Danny being in charge again next season. So whilst we may not agree with the opinions we should understand the viewpoints.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 16, 2023, 08:38:25 am by steve@dcfd »
Even with all the players available this would and will be a hard game. If we lose and I believe we will, can we really sit back and blame injuries. We’ve won 9 games under DS so let’s not get carried away that injuries are the problem.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 09:06:46 am by steve@dcfd »

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on April 16, 2023, 08:52:51 am by moses »
I can't see us getting anything from this game.

We did OK yesterday against relegation threatened Team till we were 2 0 up

Then threw away what should have been a possible winning lead so I am not confident that if we go 1 up v Stevenage we can hold that lead

And if we go one down I couldn't see us coming back to even scrape a draw

I think the more worrying thing is that the players don’t think we will hold on either.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on April 16, 2023, 09:01:42 am by dickos1 »

Agreed Dickos but supporters are looking at the long term status of the club. In their opinion they fear Danny being in charge again next season. So whilst we may not agree with the opinions we should understand the viewpoints.

I’m sorry, but I’ll never understand wanting your own club to lose a game.
It’s madness

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 16, 2023, 09:09:57 am by steve@dcfd »

It won’t be supporters wanting the club to lose that will see DS leaving. If the owner and others in charge haven’t decided already they never will.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 09:13:28 am by steve@dcfd »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on April 16, 2023, 10:02:46 am by selby »
   The result at Harrogate was a repeat of their last two results before that game, they came back the game before from a 2-0 deficit at Leyton Orient away and against us confirmed their fighting spirit.
   Leyton are a far better team than us, so was the result so bad? I don't think so, and one I would have been more than happy with before the game.
 Our biggest problem is highlighted above by Upton, people who know have a platform and are completely disconnected from the club, most of them hangers on, some decent supporters caught up with the emotions of their team being poor, Which I think Upton is, and results not what they expected at the start of the season.
 But some are in my opinion supporters the club could do without and have crossed a line in personnel behaviour, putting other supporters at risk of being involved in things not of their making, and dragging the club into the gutter and just hide behind the fact that they can hide in numbers, would many be so insulting if they met the management members in a one on one situation? I very much doubt it.
  The situation is fast becoming out of hand, is toxic, and is getting worse, and good people are being sucked into it that deserve better treatment than a baying mob.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 16, 2023, 10:23:30 am by Canadian Rover »
This is the sort of game where we should get back to the basics and aim to get a nil nil or nick a one nil win.

We should aim for a boring game.

We are incapable of the basics and the fans at this stage don't want a boring performance. It's a tough game at the wrong time for the club but won't effect our season.

A horrible fixture in an horrific atmosphere against a weasel of a manager.

I think I'll skip this game on Ifollow.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on April 16, 2023, 11:17:13 am by Scooter »
The sun is out so I’m feeling positive. Pressure is all on Stevenage so I’m going for us to win 1-0! Molyneux to score

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 16, 2023, 11:58:32 am by ncRover »
My hopes for this game are about as high as Steve Evans’ bleep test score.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 16, 2023, 01:30:01 pm by Branton Red »
This is the sort of game where we should get back to the basics and aim to get a nil nil or nick a one nil win.

Yes I think this will almost certainly be Danny Schofield's approach - a boring game - based purely on 6 months of evidence.

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 16, 2023, 01:31:42 pm by murham »
Rovers start well and fade second half
Basically it’s fitness……or lack of so whose job is that
Plenty of iPads but no ideas, it really isn’t rocket science just a game of football
Sitting back against Stevenage is pointless, get stuck in.
Why o why has Agard been left out, it’s the same as Bogle last year
A draw would be nice

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 16, 2023, 08:33:06 pm by Campsall rover »
Rovers start well and fade second half
Basically it’s fitness……or lack of so whose job is that
Plenty of iPads but no ideas, it really isn’t rocket science just a game of football
Sitting back against Stevenage is pointless, get stuck in.
Why o why has Agard been left out, it’s the same as Bogle last year
A draw would be nice
Agard should have been playing up front with George Miller ( when GM was fit ) But no that would have been far too sensible for this Head Coach.

moses

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on April 17, 2023, 05:11:41 pm by moses »
Given we drew on Saturday when Harrogate went more direct and we could not cope with it. Let's hope SE doesn't go direct from the first minute.
Time to stand up and be counted.
If we get beat, again, we we get beat but lets stand up to them and give them a game.
I am playing football until 8:00 so hopefully there is still a contest by then.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 17, 2023, 05:37:03 pm by drfchound »

We are incapable of the basics and the fans at this stage don't want a boring performance. It's a tough game at the wrong time for the club but won't effect our season.

A horrible fixture in an horrific atmosphere against a weasel of a manager.

I think I'll skip this game on Ifollow.

We are more than capable of producing a boring performance.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 17, 2023, 06:05:50 pm by roversdude »
Wouldn’t let Bradford warm up on the pitch or let them set up the GPS trackers for player information

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on April 17, 2023, 07:32:07 pm by selby »
  We don't need trackers for our midfield just a satellite position at kick off.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 17, 2023, 08:34:20 pm by ForsolongaRover »
They were one of the “favourites” for relegation pre-season I think, so that does not say much for the quality of their squad.

Could it be that Evans is a much more effective manager than DS?

Based on my fairly casual observations of his career, he has shown in nearly all the jobs he has done that he can create successful momentum quickly, the very opposite of the DS dogma.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 17, 2023, 08:55:53 pm by scawsby steve »
They were one of the “favourites” for relegation pre-season I think, so that does not say much for the quality of their squad.

Based on my fairly casual observations of his career, he has shown in nearly all the jobs he has done that he can create successful momentum quickly, the very opposite of the DS dogma.

Quite simple really, FR. Evans has got promotions on his CV. DS has got f*ck all on his.

Yet some people on here are still defending him.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on April 17, 2023, 09:27:44 pm by selby »
  I  don't defend DS Steve, and I can't and will not defend Evans either, he should have been banned from football for life and should be nowhere near any team in the football league.

Lincoln Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 17, 2023, 09:32:20 pm by Lincoln Rover »
Any fan who wants their own team to lose ….I’m genuinely lost for words.
Beam me up Scotty

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on April 17, 2023, 09:57:43 pm by scawsby steve »
  I  don't defend DS Steve, and I can't and will not defend Evans either, he should have been banned from football for life and should be nowhere near any team in the football league.

Maybe he should, but he wasn't, and he'll be near our team tomorrow, that's for sure.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on April 17, 2023, 10:01:42 pm by scawsby steve »
Any fan who wants their own team to lose ….I’m genuinely lost for words.
Beam me up Scotty

Any club that keeps a manager who keeps losing games....I'm genuinely lost for words.
Beam me up Scotty.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on April 17, 2023, 10:33:36 pm by dickos1 »

Quite simple really, FR. Evans has got promotions on his CV. DS has got f*ck all on his.

Yet some people on here are still defending him.

What a strange comment,
How many promotions had Evan’s got after only 6 months as a manager

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on April 17, 2023, 10:50:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
Well done, Dickos. You’ve underlined one of the reasons why DS should never been given the job.

Inexperience.

The fact that he’s got other ‘issues’ that have been discussed on the forum seem to have passed you by, but, at least, one of them has stuck. That is progress.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012