Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:20:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Club statement  (Read 5591 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Club statement
« Reply #30 on April 20, 2023, 04:56:18 pm by drfchound »
My last away game was the last time we played at Scunny.
For the same  reasons BB, I stopped going.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on April 20, 2023, 05:01:03 pm by Bollinger »
The last time I went to a Rovers away game was Grimsby, and the way I feel now it will be the last time.

I'm afraid football has once again been hijacked by society's lowlife as an easy outlet for their moronic behaviour.

It’s not just you BB. My wife stopped coming with me for that reasons a couple of years ago. I’ve not felt enthusiastic about a five hour plus round trip given the atmosphere and performances in recent months but the behaviour of some of the lowlife elements has been a factor also.

Pside

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on April 20, 2023, 05:01:14 pm by Pside »
“Regardless of the potentially negative impact on an individual’s ability to carry out their job”

That’s the line for me. Looks like they think him being shouted at is the reason he can’t do his job very well. I assure them it isn’t.

I must stress though, anything aimed his way other than football related is completely out of order and should not be tolerated.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on April 20, 2023, 05:19:00 pm by Upton Rover »
Personal abuse is way out of order, not acceptable at all.

The statement is once again aimed at the fans though, it’s all a mess and will divide loyal fans even more.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on April 20, 2023, 05:21:01 pm by silent majority »
Abusing the rover’s personal is not the right thing to do. Frustration should not boil over to abuse.
But where’s the club statement accepting their responsibility of the way the club is being run. We’ve been on a downward projection for 2.5 seasons. No acceptance that they’ve had anything to do with it.
Just listen to DS radio Sheffield prematch interview saying things are going on behind the scenes at the club positivity is passed down from the owners to all staff regarding next season.
Yet the performances and em results now are poor.  They have continued from last season. Mr Blunt said we would Bounce back decisively yet he has not communicated with the supporters why that had not happened.
So personal abuse is wrong I do not like hearing it or reading it. But again the club appears to be burying its head why the toxic atmosphere is there and accepting what they have done wrong

Nothing like a big dose of 'what abouterism'.

I haven't heard that expression before. Perhaps no one on here can guess what your "silent" constituency would make of it, but they have not learnt anything new from you today.

It is perfectly clear that the consensus is with the club on personal abuse. Perhaps they will give something back to us in return because I have been hoping to hear how, as a fans' representative, you might be working towards persuading the club to answer the numerous questions which surround the very serious issues that face us all; the fans on an emotional level and the club on the commercial impact of the loss of support of the vocal, as well as (probably) the silent majority.

Do you not accept that we deserve rather more than them (quite rightly) putting down the unacceptable "face" of dissatisfaction? It seems possible that your summarily dismissing the points made above may give the higher management at the club the impression that such dissent is only common amongst a small vocal minority which it may appear that you do not care to represent. That will only encourage them to believe that they need not comment further.

I hope you don't , but if you do, perhaps you would tell us why the more responsible supporters don't deserve to hear in more detail how the club view the present situation which continues to deteriorate.

whataboutism

[ hwuht-uh-bou-tiz-uhm, wuht‐, hwot‐, wot‐ ]
noun

a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else’s misconduct, implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless: Excusing your mistakes with whataboutism is not the same as defending your record.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on April 20, 2023, 05:33:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

The statement is once again aimed at the fans though, it’s all a mess and will divide loyal fans even more.

Who should they have aimed it at then?

And what were the previous statements aimed at the fans?

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on April 20, 2023, 05:43:39 pm by Goole Rover »
The last time I went to a Rovers away game was Grimsby, and the way I feel now it will be the last time.

I'm afraid football has once again been hijacked by society's lowlife as an easy outlet for their moronic behaviour.
Good post that Bentley I couldn’t have put it better myself. Like you I stopped going to away games for the same reason, at home I sit with decent people who behave in an acceptable way. I do find some of the posts on here a little hypocritical unfortunately some can’t express their views without involving foul language. As you have said and my dad said many years ago “you will meet some of the lowest forms of life at a football match”. Thank goodness they’re in the minority.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on April 20, 2023, 05:53:06 pm by normal rules »
Things are really coming to a head . I’ve been to a few away games this season , earlier on , and had none of this . The away crowd on the whole that follow rovers are a very well behaved mature bunch. Some of the regulars have intimated that the most Abusive at Harrogate were not regulars . Which begs the question who are they . ?
And whilst the intimated personal
Abuse is abhorrent, it’s a shame the club have not been so forthright about the utter rubbish being touted as football from our proud club. Open, honest, communication from Coppinger or Lockwood or Blunt about the simple recognition that things are not right. And spell out a roadmap of what exactly they are doing about it . In a club statement .Poor old Terry coming out to say there will be “significant investment” just doesn’t cut the mustard.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 06:01:56 pm by normal rules »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on April 20, 2023, 06:12:09 pm by danumdon »
Simple message for all who partake and support this type of vile behaviour.

Not in the name of our club, we don’t want or need these kind of people, they deserve to be rooted out and banned for life.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on April 20, 2023, 06:17:11 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Well people wanted Donny to pull their finger out and sack someone - the board or the manager.

They've opted to try and sack the supporters!  :laugh:

If some supporters want to stoop to that level then good f**king riddance.

obeonesarover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on April 20, 2023, 06:23:27 pm by obeonesarover »
I'm afraid that the best way to show discontent is for all the supporters to go on strike with the club, use your feet to show your discontent, when they play in front of an empty stadium then the powers may take some notice, theres 2 home games left, make one of them count

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on April 20, 2023, 06:25:54 pm by Campsall rover »

Disagree Upton.
It is aimed at only those who overstep the mark.

Vile abuse &  personal remarks are not acceptable and the statement is aimed at those responsible.
The problem is those morons won’t ever go on the Rovers web site. They probably can’t even read.
They won’t have one brain cell between them.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on April 20, 2023, 06:28:11 pm by rich1471 »
I did say that I thought the chanting and abuse on Saturday was in the same category as 'tragedy chanting'. It was abhorrent and the worst atmosphere I think I've ever experienced as a DRFC fan.

For those who disagreed I hope you realise the effect this can have on individuals. This is in not normal, and you can't normalise this.
I said in another thread th atmosphere was toxic ,some poor female steward took the brunt of it as well until some bloke stepped in and in no uncertain terms told someone to stop swearing at her , thought he was going to smack him

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on April 20, 2023, 06:39:47 pm by Rovers91 »
Anyone who shouted abuse about his brother or anything along them lines is an horrible bas**rd that has no place and don't know how anyone would even think to shout something like that.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on April 20, 2023, 06:51:56 pm by normal rules »
And yet there is not one single piece of footage of this? Why aren’t people recognising really vile behaviour and filming it? Most of us carry high tech recording devices in our pockets.
Use them. I’m sure the club would love some footage of those who were responsible for this vile behaviour.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on April 20, 2023, 06:57:56 pm by roversdude »
Well people wanted Donny to pull their finger out and sack someone - the board or the manager.

They've opted to try and sack the supporters!  :laugh:

So you are saying that behaviour is ok then ?

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on April 20, 2023, 07:00:02 pm by Upton Rover »

Disagree Upton.
It is aimed at only those who overstep the mark.

Vile abuse &  personal remarks are not acceptable and the statement is aimed at those responsible.
The problem is those morons won’t ever go on the Rovers web site. They probably can’t even read.
They won’t have one brain cell between them.
It’s shocking that personal abuse is happening, I’m just saying that it’s a good time to make this statement when the fans are divided and arguing between themselves. There’s lots on here, including myself who are calling for DS to be sacked and are calling him many names regarding his coaching skills and so forth, can this be classed as abuse language?

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on April 20, 2023, 07:01:26 pm by In the box »
I'm afraid that the best way to show discontent is for all the supporters to go on strike with the club, use your feet to show your discontent, when they play in front of an empty stadium then the powers may take some notice, theres 2 home games left, make one of them count
The club has for too long been ran by non footballing loving  businessmen  . They’ve taken the 170 years heritage out of the club and its place out of the Town ( City) . They have for the  past  10years failed to grow the clubs potential and bring in new blood either on to its board of directors or grow its fan base along with failing to acknowledge completely the achievements of John Ryan who’s  achievements of winning the clubs first silver ware  three promotions and so him take the club from obscurity to the Championship , YET name a stand after a player who is partly responsible for our present dilemma . Failed to retain or invest in quality managers and players . Etc etc etc . Taxi for the lot of them !!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 07:03:55 pm by In the box »

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on April 20, 2023, 07:03:07 pm by Upton Rover »

Who should they have aimed it at then?

And what were the previous statements aimed at the fans?
It should be aimed at the low life’s that are abusing the staff? If you read into the statement they clearly know exactly who’s responsible

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on April 20, 2023, 07:08:13 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Abusing the rover’s personal is not the right thing to do. Frustration should not boil over to abuse.
But where’s the club statement accepting their responsibility of the way the club is being run. We’ve been on a downward projection for 2.5 seasons. No acceptance that they’ve had anything to do with it.
Just listen to DS radio Sheffield prematch interview saying things are going on behind the scenes at the club positivity is passed down from the owners to all staff regarding next season.
Yet the performances and em results now are poor.  They have continued from last season. Mr Blunt said we would Bounce back decisively yet he has not communicated with the supporters why that had not happened.
So personal abuse is wrong I do not like hearing it or reading it. But again the club appears to be burying its head why the toxic atmosphere is there and accepting what they have done wrong

Nothing like a big dose of 'what abouterism'.

I haven't heard that expression before. Perhaps no one on here can guess what your "silent" constituency would make of it, but they have not learnt anything new from you today.

It is perfectly clear that the consensus is with the club on personal abuse. Perhaps they will give something back to us in return because I have been hoping to hear how, as a fans' representative, you might be working towards persuading the club to answer the numerous questions which surround the very serious issues that face us all; the fans on an emotional level and the club on the commercial impact of the loss of support of the vocal, as well as (probably) the silent majority.

Do you not accept that we deserve rather more than them (quite rightly) putting down the unacceptable "face" of dissatisfaction? It seems possible that your summarily dismissing the points made above may give the higher management at the club the impression that such dissent is only common amongst a small vocal minority which it may appear that you do not care to represent. That will only encourage them to believe that they need not comment further.

I hope you don't , but if you do, perhaps you would tell us why the more responsible supporters don't deserve to hear in more detail how the club view the present situation which continues to deteriorate.

whataboutism

[ hwuht-uh-bou-tiz-uhm, wuht‐, hwot‐, wot‐ ]
noun

a conversational tactic in which a person responds to an argument or attack by changing the subject to focus on someone else’s misconduct, implying that all criticism is invalid because no one is completely blameless: Excusing your mistakes with whataboutism is not the same as defending your record.

SM: I  do hope you had time to read the entire post which was relevant to wider Club-Supporter relations which is an equally important issue. I see Normal Rules shares the concern which is very obviously widespread.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on April 20, 2023, 07:11:59 pm by ncRover »
Hope Danny is ok.

It’s helpful in life to remember that sad, twisted people like that are just trying to pull others down to their own level of misery.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on April 20, 2023, 08:24:52 pm by Upton Rover »
We don’t know what the personal abuse(s) are so no point in speculating, you could class booing an individual player as personal abuse, that’s part of every sport if a player or player’s underperform the paying fans have their right to be angry,
We have now had 3 statements from the board in as many weeks, firstly about the investment for next season, probably that statement was 10 weeks premature, then a few days later we get the Chairman, who let’s be honest many of us wouldn’t know who he was if we saw him face to face, stating that our first team coach as a job for the 2023/24 season, this was made with a staggering 7 games to go, would there be another club in the turmoil that we are in, issue that statement. Then today’s statement about personal abuse, of which I totally disagree with, however has anyone herd this personal abuse? It’s 3 statements that are statements In response to the fans unrest, statements that to me have the board running scared, but are so stubborn to respond to fans, how about a statement to say that they apologise to every fan for what’s happened to the club in the past 30 months, I’m sure most of us would respect them more if they would, but their pride is bigger than their pompousness.

oggycompton

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on April 20, 2023, 08:31:30 pm by oggycompton »
All the supporters' fault. Pump everyone in the same box because of a few idiots. This club is so out of touch with its fanbase its unreal.

If only we had some fan liaison or some sort of supporters board who could let the club know just how massively damaging this spell of ownership/management is to the club and the hard work of the last 20 years rather than continuing to brown nose and tell them everything is ok.

It's not, they're losing fans and you are helping them march us back into non-league obscurity.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 08:36:28 pm by oggycompton »

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on April 20, 2023, 08:37:55 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
We’ve probably never had a manager who hasn’t been booed. But as far as I know we’ve never had a statement like this so it’s obviously much more serious.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on April 20, 2023, 08:40:03 pm by Campsall rover »
All the supporters' fault. Pump everyone in the same box because of a few idiots. This club is so out of touch with its fanbase its unreal.

If only we had some fan liaison or some sort of supporters board who could let the club know just how massively damaging this spell of ownership/management is to the club and the hard work of the last 20 years rather than continuing to brown nose and tell them everything is ok.

It's not, they're losing fans and you are helping them march us back into non-league obscurity.
Blunt is.
He has to be replaced.
He would have been sacked a very long time ago if he was Chairman of a company in any other industry.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on April 20, 2023, 08:50:01 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
We’ve probably never had a manager who hasn’t been booed. But as far as I know we’ve never had a statement like this so it’s obviously much more serious.
It's a pathetic deflection tactic. Terrible manager under pressure with own fans - shock horror. I was by the dugout at Harrogate and he got a lot of grief from a lot of the fans for most of the game, I didn't hear any family stuff, but I'll say it again - he's the worst manager in a generation by any measure - what do the club think will happen keep dragging this useless excuse out in front of the fans? It's going to escalate. And a few social media sales aside that crowd was die-hard season ticket holders, not trouble-making randoms. This is a new low for the club IMO, making it the fans fault that the clown they keep dragging out gets grief. Get rid, end the chanting, it's easy.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on April 20, 2023, 08:54:14 pm by Upton Rover »
Is it

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on April 20, 2023, 09:04:11 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
It's a pathetic deflection tactic. Terrible manager under pressure with own fans - shock horror. I was by the dugout at Harrogate and he got a lot of grief from a lot of the fans for most of the game, I didn't hear any family stuff, but I'll say it again - he's the worst manager in a generation by any measure - what do the club think will happen keep dragging this useless excuse out in front of the fans? It's going to escalate. And a few social media sales aside that crowd was die-hard season ticket holders, not trouble-making randoms. This is a new low for the club IMO, making it the fans fault that the clown they keep dragging out gets grief. Get rid, end the chanting, it's easy.

Agree he’s rubbish. Just Don’t think they’d purposely try to deflect like this. It’s not really worked and probably made it worse. Getting into conspiracy realms to release untrue statements and I’m not sure they care enough about what the fans think, at least on the manager situation, to bother coming up with fake statements

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on April 20, 2023, 09:06:06 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Is it

If it isn’t then it’s pathetic but I’ve not lost that much faith in the club yet.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on April 20, 2023, 09:11:43 pm by Campsall rover »
While Blunt is Chairman we are only going in one direction.

He is the organ grinder and he is the person who says DS stays or goes.
If he was going surely he would have gone by now.

TB has to take control or find a Chairman who can unite the fans.
Has a real plan for positive progress
If TB doesn’t take action then this club are heading into the abyss.

I have backed the board year after year after year but not now.
The situation is going to get more and more toxic.
TB can end this very easily.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2023, 09:13:53 pm by Campsall rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012