Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 12:49:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pragmatism  (Read 1861 times)

redarmi66

• Forum Member
Pragmatism
« on April 22, 2023, 06:40:16 pm by redarmi66 »
Without a little of this from Copps, the board and DS we will continue to go backwards. Its not about money its about acknowledging the idealistic approach needs a re think and some changes need to be made.

pragmatist:
a person who is guided more by practical considerations than by ideals.

"hardheaded pragmatists are firmly rooted in the real world"

Pragmatism

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
Re: Pragmatism
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2023, 07:16:19 pm by ncRover »
I’m sure Copps would file this under “disgraceful abuse”.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2023, 07:25:43 pm by dickos1 »
I see,
So we’ve abused schofield and it hasn’t worked so now we’re moving onto a club legend.
How long before he’s getting booed at games.
Need to have a look at yourselves

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2023, 07:37:19 pm by normal rules »
I see,
So we’ve abused schofield and it hasn’t worked so now we’re moving onto a club legend.

Coppinger brought ds to the club.
He is accountable.
He knows nothing of life at drfc pre 2004. He has only seen the glory years.
He is about to though if things don’t change.
Schofield , copps and blunt will become the 21st C pariahs of this club if rovers drop into non league next season.
Schofield has been judged already. Never mind “next season” .  By definition, Copps is being judged also.
Comparisons are already being drawn with this team and that of 97/98. Performance wise. The stats are thee for all to see. The diff currently being we have a full squad of well paid pro’s. Rovers finished 97/98 with half the team made up of kids from the youth side.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2023, 07:41:50 pm by Metalmicky »
He is accountable.
Schofield , copps and blunt will become the 21st C pariahs of this club if rovers drop into non league next season.
Schofield has been judged already. Never mind “next season” .  By definition, Copps is being judged also.
Comparisons are already being drawn with this team and that of 97/98. Performance wise. The stats are thee for all to see. The diff currently being we have a full squad of well paid pro’s. Rovers finished 97/98 with half the team made up of kids from the youth side.

F**k me you are draining...... you must be a real joy to be around.  :suicide:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2023, 07:45:17 pm by tyke1962 »
I see,

Copps playing career isn't what he's getting judged on is it .

He's HOF and accountable , his playing career  gives him some leverage and a bit of credit in the bank but unless that credit keeps getting topped up eventually it will run out .

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2023, 07:50:14 pm by ncRover »
I see,

I haven’t said anything abusive about anyone? Evidence please.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 07:54:55 pm by ncRover »

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2023, 07:52:05 pm by normal rules »
He is accountable.

[/quote

I’m usually
Quite optimistic about most things . This shower have me utterly beat though. I’m thoroughly bereft of any positivity for rovers currently.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2023, 07:55:49 pm by Metalmicky »
He is accountable.

[/quote

I’m usually
Quite optimistic about most things . This shower have me utterly beat though. I’m thoroughly bereft of any positivity for rovers currently.

I saw your posts on the match day thread earlier and they were demoralising - I actually felt a bit sorry for you..... and thought you should take a break,

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 23, 2023, 01:23:58 am by Canadian Rover »
I see,

Agree with this. I personally DO want a change of manager but not ALL is wrong at the club.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on April 23, 2023, 07:33:35 am by dickos1 »
I see,

He's HOF and accountable , his playing career  gives him some leverage and a bit of credit in the bank but unless that credit keeps getting topped up eventually it will run out .

His playing career should be giving him more leverage than a few months.
It’s embarrassing that he’s getting this level of stick after everything he has done for the club after only a few months of bad results

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 23, 2023, 08:05:33 am by Avsuptem »
I don't see how anyone can dissconnect DS from responsibility for the dire football served up to Doncaster Rovers supporters this term and made still worse by the total and obvious lack of any sort of tactical acumen during games.

With responsibility goes accountability.

Copps' Ostrich approach is in grave danger of sending us back into non league. They both deserve the chop.

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on April 23, 2023, 11:26:25 am by redarmi66 »
I see,

It’s embarrassing that he’s getting this level of stick after everything he has done for the club after only a few months of bad results

He will get stick because he has hired DS who without question is overseeing the worst performances in 20 odd years. He is HOF and accountable. No one is doubting or forgetting all he has done for the club as a player. The majority of the fanbase are unhappy with DS (including the ones that dont boo) and Copps is seen as the person who employed him. His reluctance to make a change will to some, make him part of the problem. I think he would gain more respect as HOF if he acknowledged it isnt working and made a change. Everybody can see it. Its for the best. For all parties.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2023, 11:31:26 am by redarmi66 »

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 23, 2023, 01:36:59 pm by redarmi66 »
He is accountable.

Draining or not… its a fair evaluation based on the current state of affairs

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 23, 2023, 01:45:07 pm by Donnybax »
I see,
I’ve not seen Coppinger get an ounce of abuse. Saying someone is doing a poor job is not abuse.

Lazar

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on April 23, 2023, 06:05:16 pm by Lazar »
I admire Copps sticking to his man in some ways, but there will come a time he has no choice but to dispense of his mate to save his own skin. Hopefully soon.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on April 23, 2023, 11:03:46 pm by dickos1 »
I see,
I’ve not seen Coppinger get an ounce of abuse. Saying someone is doing a poor job is not abuse.

You’ve not been looking properly

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 24, 2023, 10:02:44 am by danumdon »
I see,

I would imagine that the vast majority of fans on here who are making observations about DS and JC do so because its on here and don't do it at the match.

If we are to descend to a level where opinions here are described as "personal abuse" then we really are scraping the barrel.

What next, real time moderation to remove any negativity towards a management group who are by any stretch of the imagination, absolutely failing in their remit.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 24, 2023, 10:07:37 am by Donnybax »
I see,

point me in the right direction of Coppinger getting some personal abuse then?

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 24, 2023, 10:14:18 am by Avsuptem »
I see,

I would imagine that the vast majority of fans on here who are making observations about DS and JC do so because its on here and don't do it at the match.

If we are to descend to a level where opinions here are described as "personal abuse" then we really are scraping the barrel.

What next, real time moderation to remove any negativity towards a management group who are by any stretch of the imagination, absolutely failing in their remit.

Absolutely failing in their remit is dead right. A fish rots from the head and as JR alluded in his interview it is abundantly obvious where the route source of the problem lies.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:20:03 am by Avsuptem »

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 24, 2023, 01:13:47 pm by mpc123 »
I see,

He will get stick because he has hired DS who without question is overseeing the worst performances in 20 odd years. He is HOF and accountable. No one is doubting or forgetting all he has done for the club as a player. The majority of the fanbase are unhappy with DS (including the ones that dont boo) and Copps is seen as the person who employed him. His reluctance to make a change will to some, make him part of the problem. I think he would gain more respect as HOF if he acknowledged it isnt working and made a change. Everybody can see it. Its for the best. For all parties.

As above.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012