Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 04:06:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Todd Miller  (Read 2870 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Todd Miller
« on April 22, 2023, 07:42:35 pm by Filo »
Given that the role he played today is not his natural position I thought he did well, chased things down and got a good block on the keepers clearance that could have easily gone in the net, he forced a few errors out of their defence, he looks like he could make a good number 10

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: Todd Miller
« Reply #1 on April 22, 2023, 07:44:06 pm by keith79 »
How fast is he. Rapid

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on April 22, 2023, 07:45:16 pm by drfchound »
I agree. I was sceptical at the start and thought he would be too lightweight but in fairness I thought he did really well.
His pace caused the keeper to hurry clearances on a few occasions.
He was my choice as MoM.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on April 22, 2023, 07:50:11 pm by Metalmicky »
Can we close this positive thread now....... totally unnecessary... :whistle:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on April 22, 2023, 07:51:21 pm by Filo »
Can we close this positive thread now....... totally unnecessary... :whistle:

I know, what was I thinking lol!

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on April 22, 2023, 08:04:06 pm by knockers »
My mom as well. Put a big forward with him and he’ll get better as he’ll beat any defender with his pace chasing knock downs

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on April 22, 2023, 08:07:09 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
My mom as well. Put a big forward with him and he’ll get better as he’ll beat any defender with his pace chasing knock downs
100% agree. Not a lone striker, but worked hard and tried to force errors. Can't header or hold the ball up, so playing him as a lone striker with a physical back 4 is yet another management masterclass from the buffoon in charge here.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on April 22, 2023, 08:09:29 pm by Metalmicky »

Well your mom had a good game....   :)

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on April 22, 2023, 08:12:01 pm by Reg of the Rovers »

Well your mom had a good game....   :)
That explains the perm then!

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on April 22, 2023, 08:32:48 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Personally I didn't rate his performance. Seems another pointless signing like Max Woltman who was rarely used.

I've nowt against the kid but also why are we playing a loanee who is going back to their parent club and leaving Goodman sat on bench?

What is the benefit to DRFC in playing Miller today in that role? Thought the draw of DS was developing youth?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on April 22, 2023, 08:37:56 pm by bpoolrover »
I think he tries really hard, he ran and ran but let's be honest on the ball he is not very good

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on April 22, 2023, 08:45:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
Will run around like a headless chicken, will never score a goal in Rovers colours. A sign of the absolute desperate state of the squad.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on April 22, 2023, 08:48:42 pm by dickos1 »
He looked scared to death in the first half, and spent a lot of the game hiding. But I thought he grew in confidence.
It was a specofic tactic today to get him pushed right on, even when the ball was in our half he was 30 yards away from the play, I thought it was quite clever and left us with an outball and a few times we got him into a 1v1 situation with their centre half with a ball over the top

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on April 22, 2023, 08:51:49 pm by mushRTID »
We used to get it rammed down our throats what a great reputation we had with the top clubs to nurture their talents.

Nelson aside who looks decent, the quality of this seasons loans have added absolutely nothing to us.

Miller looks ok, but that’s all.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on April 22, 2023, 08:55:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Loans last season were poor too. Think it’s partly been in L2 and partly we’re rubbish. Who wants their younger players to learn to throw games away every week.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on April 22, 2023, 09:21:07 pm by dickos1 »
I think the season long loans you get in the summer are the ones with more quality, smith, Galbraith were good last season, we seemed to move away from loans this summer only getting woltman I think.
Nelson was a good one in jan

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on April 22, 2023, 09:23:52 pm by mushRTID »
Andrews as well who didn’t look any good before going back.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on April 23, 2023, 07:29:43 am by The Beast »
When I first saw Miller I was baffled to how he'd managed to get himself on Brighton's books and why we'd signed him but today I saw a decent footballer in him, just a shame we had nothing around him.
My biggest disappointment today was how good Bogle was and the realisation that we totally mismanaged him, he should have had a penalty, got an assist and held the ball up like a proper striker, something I'd not seen from anyone in a Rovers shirt in a long time.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on April 23, 2023, 08:34:53 am by Upton Rover »
Given that the role he played today is not his natural position I thought he did well, chased things down and got a good block on the keepers clearance that could have easily gone in the net, he forced a few errors out of their defence, he looks like he could make a good number 10
Putting 1 good shift in, doesn’t makeup for the rest of a below average season he’s had together with his team mates

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on April 23, 2023, 08:38:10 am by drfchound »
Are you talking about Todd Miller?
He has hardly played for us this season so it is unfair to say he has had an average season for us.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on April 23, 2023, 08:46:58 am by Filo »
Putting 1 good shift in, doesn’t makeup for the rest of a below average season he’s had together with his team mates

He’s in the team because there are no alternatives, he never got a chance, which begs the question why did we ever sign him?

I commented on his performance yesterday, nothing more nothing less, he’s been previously overlooked by a manager that hasn’t got a clue what he is doing

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on April 23, 2023, 09:09:55 am by Ryaldinhio »
When I first saw Miller I was baffled to how he'd managed to get himself on Brighton's books and why we'd signed him but today I saw a decent footballer in him, just a shame we had nothing around him.
My biggest disappointment today was how good Bogle was and the realisation that we totally mismanaged him, he should have had a penalty, got an assist and held the ball up like a proper striker, something I'd not seen from anyone in a Rovers shirt in a long time.

Totally agree on Bogle. Said to lad I go with he would walk into our first team now. I would be happy to sign him back and at 12 league 2 goals this year that shows where we are as a club.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on April 23, 2023, 09:14:21 am by mushRTID »
If you were to list half the players we have released or deemed not good enough in the last few years, it is frightening how many would walk into the team now.

I’m not saying they were bad decisions at the time, it’s more a reflection of what they were replaced with!

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on April 23, 2023, 09:23:46 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Personally I didn't rate his performance. Seems another pointless signing like Max Woltman who was rarely used.

I've nowt against the kid but also why are we playing a loanee who is going back to their parent club and leaving Goodman sat on bench?

What is the benefit to DRFC in playing Miller today in that role? Thought the draw of DS was developing youth?
I thought TM did well yesterday, but I think that's a really good point - in nothing games like this we ought to be giving our own lads experience - TM isn't head and shoulders above Goodman or Kuleya (who I really like) so let's give them some development.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on April 23, 2023, 10:37:05 am by vaya »
I like his hair. Makes him easy to spot on the pitch.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on April 23, 2023, 10:50:01 am by selby »
  The difference I thought I saw in Bogle was he looked quite a bit leaner, fitter, and more mobile, He was injured for quite a while while here maybe the difference.
  On a side note he was an utter gentleman, a lovely bloke.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on April 23, 2023, 11:15:13 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I thought TM did well yesterday, but I think that's a really good point - in nothing games like this we ought to be giving our own lads experience - TM isn't head and shoulders above Goodman or Kuleya (who I really like) so let's give them some development.

Whilst I understand your point, the reason Todd Miller was given the task yesterday was because of his blistering pace. Exactly for the reasons Filo and dickos1 quite rightly praised him. That in turn should draw praise for Schofield for setting the team up like that. Of course, he's not going to get that credit.

As for Bogle, let's not kid ourselves, he was another who was being victimised by fans even before Wellens stepped in. Yet, he was welcomed back as we desperately needed the bodies. Whatever we think of him, he was an option that could and should have been at our disposal. Managers too make mistakes and unfortunately Wellens backed himself into a corner and most fans weren't going to let him off the hook

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on April 23, 2023, 11:22:11 am by roversdude »

Whilst I understand your point, the reason Todd Miller was given the task yesterday was because of his blistering pace. Exactly for the reasons Filo and dickos1 quite rightly praised him. That in turn should draw praise for Schofield for setting the team up like that. Of course, he's not going to get that credit.

As for Bogle, let's not kid ourselves, he was another who was being victimised by fans even before Wellens stepped in. Yet, he was welcomed back as we desperately needed the bodies. Whatever we think of him, he was an option that could and should have been at our disposal. Managers too make mistakes and unfortunately Wellens backed himself into a corner and most fans weren't going to let him off the hook

DBR agree it was quite sickening how Bogle was vilified and then seen as a returning hero by the same people

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on April 23, 2023, 03:30:46 pm by Reg of the Rovers »

I said earlier up TM did well, but that his impact was massively limited by the fact he was on his own and can't head or hold the ball up. As for credit for Schofield, an isolated lone striker, Molyneux at left back, an inability to adapt, conceding twice from simple set pieces from a team known for having a long throw, like for like changes at the wrong times in the game, and an inability to motivate or improve his team means he shouldn't get any praise, rather a taxi straight to the jobcentre where he well and truly belongs. 

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 16, 2023, 12:05:15 pm by ncRover »
Has ended up in the National League playing for Bromley.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012