Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:21:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Our Next Leader........  (Read 2127 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Our Next Leader........
« Reply #1 on May 01, 2023, 06:20:31 pm by scawsby steve »
https://fb.watch/kfBo8uYBZK/

Yeah, but don't forget, BB, they're not all the same. That would be "bothsidesism".

By the way, where's Syd these days?

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 01, 2023, 10:33:23 pm by belton rover »
He’s taking a break.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 01, 2023, 10:50:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
There will be a few more of his ilk taking a break when that rabble of a Labour Party gets in.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2023, 08:48:55 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The amount of 'pledges' he's dropping is quite something. Perhaps they're now realising they may actually win and thus they can't keep promising the undeliverable.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2023, 09:06:30 am by selby »
  Old stabber,   I wouldn't trust him to go to the local shop, he has more faces than a diamond.
   He has been caught out too many times undermining the electorate of this country, in the past he would have been hung drawn and quartered for being the traitor he is.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2023, 07:33:27 pm by scawsby steve »
BST? Syd?

Anybody?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2023, 09:05:39 pm by drfchound »
Not many defending Starmer on this thread either.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 06, 2023, 10:53:02 am by Colin C No.3 »
  Old stabber,   I wouldn't trust him to go to the local shop, he has more faces than a diamond.
   He has been caught out too many times undermining the electorate of this country, in the past he would have been hung drawn and quartered for being the traitor he is.

Unlike trustworthy, honourable Boris.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 12:44:51 am by belton rover »

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 07, 2023, 06:55:23 am by roverstillidie91 »
Starmer = Tory lite

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 07, 2023, 09:04:50 am by wilts rover »
People who voted for Johnson (and got Truss & Sunak) criticising Labour politicians.

And least some of them have had the decency to admit they were wrong in voting for a dishonest lying fraud. Quite telling the ones who never have tho.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 07, 2023, 10:05:27 am by Bentley Bullet »
If you don't think Keir Starmer is a dishonest lying fraud then perhaps you should focus on your own issues rather than those of others.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 07, 2023, 12:47:22 pm by roverstillidie91 »
If you don't think Keir Starmer is a dishonest lying fraud then perhaps you should focus on your own issues rather than those of others.
There is no way that I'd vote for Labour with Keir Starmer in charge and there's a lot of people I know of the same view.

From what I read the Lib Dems weren't too far off in terms of seats from Labour.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 07, 2023, 02:33:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There is no way that I'd vote for Labour with Keir Starmer in charge and there's a lot of people I know of the same view.

From what I read the Lib Dems weren't too far off in terms of seats from Labour.

Then you'll be voting to keep the Tories in power.

We have a shit system. It's one where you have to vote for the party that is most likely to beat the party you really, really don't want to win.

Not good, but that's what we have. Personally, I'll keep campaigning for PR and I think Starmer has made a huge mistake in coming out against it.

But we are where we are now. Anyone who claims to be on the left and doesn't vote Labour in a Lab-Con fight is supporting the Tories. That's just how it is.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on May 07, 2023, 03:03:19 pm by roverstillidie91 »

We have a shit system. It's one where you have to vote for the party that is most likely to beat the party you really, really don't want to win.

Not good, but that's what we have. Personally, I'll keep campaigning for PR and I think Starmer has made a huge mistake in coming out against it.

But we are where we are now. Anyone who claims to be on the left and doesn't vote Labour in a Lab-Con fight is supporting the Tories. That's just how it is.
I have no issues with tactical voting to keep the Tories out but with KS i think it is just more of the same, I believe it requires possibly a  coalition and more independent MP's to hold them to account.

KS made countless pledges when campaigning for leader and has now reneged on them, because the right-wing media didn't like Jeremy Corbyn they decided to smear him because it doesn't benefit the oligarchs.

There is apparently a page shared by Carol Vorderman that is showing people how to vote to tactically vote out the Tories and really in needs more people to come out and vote if I'm being honest.

What we don't want is the Tories then getting back in again after the 5 years and starting all over again. Needs change.

The issue is the oligarchs control the Tories and Labour.

mugnapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 29, 2023, 08:37:48 am by mugnapper »
BB posting a magazine article written by baying Marxists??
Are you a Commie now BB?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 29, 2023, 08:38:54 am by drfchound »
Is the article truthful though?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 29, 2023, 08:52:17 am by Colemans Left Hook »

I have no issues with tactical voting to keep the Tories out but with KS i think it is just more of the same, I believe it requires possibly a  coalition and more independent MP's to hold them to account.

KS made countless pledges when campaigning for leader and has now reneged on them, because the right-wing media didn't like Jeremy Corbyn they decided to smear him because it doesn't benefit the oligarchs.

There is apparently a page shared by Carol Vorderman that is showing people how to vote to tactically vote out the Tories and really in needs more people to come out and vote if I'm being honest.

What we don't want is the Tories then getting back in again after the 5 years and starting all over again. Needs change.

The issue is the oligarchs control the Tories and Labour.

I 'm surprised she's got the time   "things get on top of her" - sadly I failed the audition  :crying: :crying: :crying:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/celebrities/20230111161463/carol-vorderman-reveals-five-special-friends-love-life/

... she's renamed monday- tuesday -wednesday - thursday -friday
to become  Tomday - Dickday- Harryday - Bentley Bulletday -BST Scawsby Steveday
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 08:56:12 am by Colemans Left Hook »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 29, 2023, 08:57:53 am by Bentley Bullet »
BB posting a magazine article written by baying Marxists??
Are you a Commie now BB?
What I am should be of no concern to you. You're not gonna vote for me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 29, 2023, 11:07:32 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB has this obsession that Starmer is a liar of the same mould as Johnson.

He's nailed his colours to that mast many times and, for reasons best known to him, the grown up line of saying "OK, I've reflected on that and I was wrong" isn't available to him.

So he needs confirmation that he is right. And he gets it from a source that is a classic of the genre of dishonesty to make political points. Spiked's main people started off at the extreme left, and went so far in that direction that they re-emerged at the extreme Right. Zealots of that sort will always choose what to push and what to ignore.

This article is SO egregious in that sense, it's really ridiculous to give it any credence. Not because it criticises Starmer - I agree that he's changed position in policy stances. But because it EQUATES that with what Johnson does to the truth.

Read the opening paragraph, concluding with: "Apparently, his occasionally misleading statements, his spinning of statistics, amounted to a fully fledged ‘assault on truth’ itself."

See what he does? Entirely sidetracks the real issue with Johnson. The fact that he lies instinctively and pathologically about EVERYTHING! Instead the author sets up the false premise that what Johnson does is just a bit of spin - what every politician has always done. And implies that the criticisms of him are, consequently, politically motivated. That lays the ground for him to move onto "...and look how bad Starmer is, so why is no-one criticising him" territory.

I would say it's awful journalism, but Spiked has nothing to do with journalism. It's a propaganda rag that has no purpose but to twist minds, run by a gang of people who spent their earlier lives trying to destroy the UK state and failing because they were utterly irrelevant. But who have discovered that they can have a second go on the internet age, because there are always dupes who will agree with and spread their cack. Like BB.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 29, 2023, 11:23:30 am by Sprotyrover »

He's nailed his colours to that mast many times and, for reasons best known to him, the grown up line of saying "OK, I've reflected on that and I was wrong" isn't available to him.

So he needs confirmation that he is right. And he gets it from a source that is a classic of the genre of dishonesty to make political points. Spiked's main people started off at the extreme left, and went so far in that direction that they re-emerged at the extreme Right. Zealots of that sort will always choose what to push and what to ignore.

This article is SO egregious in that sense, it's really ridiculous to give it any credence. Not because it criticises Starmer - I agree that he's changed position in policy stances. But because it EQUATES that with what Johnson does to the truth.

Read the opening paragraph, concluding with: "Apparently, his occasionally misleading statements, his spinning of statistics, amounted to a fully fledged ‘assault on truth’ itself."

See what he does? Entirely sidetracks the real issue with Johnson. The fact that he lies instinctively and pathologically about EVERYTHING! Instead the author sets up the false premise that what Johnson does is just a bit of spin - what every politician has always done. And implies that the criticisms of him are, consequently, politically motivated. That lays the ground for him to move onto "...and look how bad Starmer is, so why is no-one criticising him" territory.

I would say it's awful journalism, but Spiked has nothing to do with journalism. It's a propaganda rag that has no purpose but to twist minds, run by a gang of people who spent their earlier lives trying to destroy the UK state and failing because they were utterly irrelevant. But who have discovered that they can have a second go on the internet age, because there are always dupes who will agree with and spread their cack. Like BB.
What a load of Clap Trap, clearly someone is using a Starmer ‘Body Double’ to generate all of those incriminating Videos!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 29, 2023, 11:28:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks for that well reasoned contribution Sproty. Must have taken you hours to craft that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 29, 2023, 01:54:12 pm by drfchound »

What a load of Clap Trap, clearly someone is using a Starmer ‘Body Double’ to generate all of those incriminating Videos!

That bst response is just a deflection tactic sproty.  No one is disputing that Johnson is a liar but when BB provided conclusive evidence that Starmer can’t keep his word then bst feels the need to turn the attention away from it.

Hounslowrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on May 29, 2023, 02:15:16 pm by Hounslowrover »
Surely changing your mind on policies and then telling people about your change of mind is not the same as lying.  We all change our minds, it’s not the same, no-one is accusing the Health Minister of lying about new hospitals, policy has changed from Johnson’s original statement.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012