Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:09:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Released and retained  (Read 7522 times)

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
Released and retained
« on May 02, 2023, 08:01:10 pm by Canadian Rover »
Thinking it should be out before the last game? Unless we are considering a change in management? Thoughts?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Released and retained
« Reply #1 on May 02, 2023, 08:10:14 pm by scawsby steve »
Thinking it should be out before the last game? Unless we are considering a change in management? Thoughts?

With all our injuries, CR, we're having to play some players who are out of contract. It might not be too wise to announce that some of them are done with the club, as regards to them having to perform on Saturday.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on May 02, 2023, 08:12:37 pm by idler »
How many players would risk injury knowing that they were looking for another club after the game?
There aren’t many like Joe Wright about.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 02, 2023, 08:16:00 pm by scawsby steve »
My bad, guys. I forgot we're not playing on Saturday, but Monday instead.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 02, 2023, 08:16:07 pm by mushRTID »
We never announce released list before the season finishes, why would you?

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 02, 2023, 08:16:49 pm by BigKeif »
I’d let all the out of contract go and try get rid of quite a lot of the in contract ones too. Copps in my opinion has to explain the reasoning behind Anderson’s contract extension too. Massive cock up that one.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on May 02, 2023, 08:35:49 pm by roversdude »
Still not been fully explained what is up with him now

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 02, 2023, 08:40:35 pm by BigKeif »
Still not been fully explained what is up with him now

Very much doubt we ever will get an explanation behind his injuries tbh. Like I say, a massive cock up in my opinion.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 02, 2023, 08:41:37 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Just announce the list at the final whistle of the last game. Hopefully DS is in there too and it’ll give everyone something positive to end the season on.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on May 02, 2023, 08:43:01 pm by Prez »
Id release Blunt and Schofield first of all.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 02, 2023, 08:43:41 pm by scawsby steve »
It might yet prove to be a massive cock up making Copps HOF. Time will tell.

One thing's for sure; if and when DS is sacked , Copps will have to go with him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on May 02, 2023, 09:03:51 pm by drfchound »

With all our injuries, CR, we're having to play some players who are out of contract. It might not be too wise to announce that some of them are done with the club, as regards to them having to perform on Saturday.

Hereford published their released and retained list before their NL North match at Blythe on Saturday.
Blythe won 5-0.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 02, 2023, 10:08:44 pm by rich1471 »
Schofield bigging up SRW in his latest interview, SRW needs releasing

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 03, 2023, 06:28:31 am by Padge_DRFC »
This is a chance for Schofield. Big release list and I start to believe he has a plan. Can't play his way with a lot of these players.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 03, 2023, 06:36:08 am by dickos1 »

One thing's for sure; if and when DS is sacked , Copps will have to go with him.

Why would he?

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 03, 2023, 06:38:06 am by Sammy Chung was King »
There needs to be a start again mentality about the club. The negativity permeates every pore, of a club that was once, one of the most positive around. The supporters have a part to play, as do the board, and every member of staff at the club.
Unfortunately many of these players, haven’t worked out. I’m sure all have done their best, time for a clean slate, and start moving forward, as soon as that final whistle blows. It’s important there is no messing about. I would expect a real statement of intent, by looking at players already, and try and beat other clubs, to players highly sought after.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 03, 2023, 06:45:06 am by Canadian Rover »

Why would he?

Agreed! Not everyone and everything at the club is wrong.

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 03, 2023, 01:55:35 pm by Northants Nomad »
Who is SRW? Sorry, you lost me.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 03, 2023, 02:12:02 pm by Chris Black come back »
Think he perhaps means Ro-Shaun Williams.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 03, 2023, 02:18:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Who is SRW? Sorry, you lost me.

ShoRaun Williams.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 03, 2023, 02:24:56 pm by ForsolongaRover »
If I were a player I’m not sure I’d want to continue working under this Head Coach.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 03, 2023, 05:33:25 pm by scawsby steve »

Why would he?

CR and dickos; it was Copps who brought DS into the club, so how could the club sack DS for failure, but not Copps?

Also, do you seriously think an experienced manager coming in would want to work with a HOF, especially a failing one?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 03, 2023, 05:50:34 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Why would he?

CR and dickos; it was Copps who brought DS into the club, so how could the club sack DS for failure, but not Copps?

Also, do you seriously think an experienced manager coming in would want to work with a HOF, especially a failing one?

Because you don't sack your HoF each time you have to part company with a head coach. That's madness, unless each subsequent Head Coach is an adject failure.

Many experienced managers work with Heads of Football these days. Peterborough have had Fry at the helm for years now.

It lightens the considerable load for overworked managers who are expected to oversee everything.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 03, 2023, 06:05:56 pm by danumdon »

Why would he?

Because you don't sack your HoF each time you have to part company with a head coach. That's madness, unless each subsequent Head Coach is an adject failure.

Many experienced managers work with Heads of Football these days. Peterborough have had Fry at the helm for years now.

It lightens the considerable load for overworked managers who are expected to oversee everything.

I'd imagine that most managers would rather not have to work with a  HOF and be second guessing every move and player the HOF wants to bring in or implement on him.

A HOF like Barry Fry would be a complexly different kettle of fish compared to JC. Fry has been there and done the job of manager for years and knows his way around the football underworld and must have a contacts book as thick as an encyclopaedia. Any manager working under someone like that would be more relaxed about him holding the reins than a newbie with limited experience in the job and absolutely no experience in the coaching or managing positions.

It just seems to me that when we aim to do something we always look to be attempting to do it at the cheapest level we can get away with.

Guess what Rovers, we certainly haven't got away with it and its now got to the position where if we don't correct this wrong then we could be out in the wilderness for a generation or more, again.

We need some people to be thinking very smartly and wisely at this very point in time.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 03, 2023, 07:21:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Why would he?

I'd imagine that most managers would rather not have to work with a  HOF and be second guessing every move and player the HOF wants to bring in or implement on him.

A HOF like Barry Fry would be a complexly different kettle of fish compared to JC. Fry has been there and done the job of manager for years and knows his way around the football underworld and must have a contacts book as thick as an encyclopaedia. Any manager working under someone like that would be more relaxed about him holding the reins than a newbie with limited experience in the job and absolutely no experience in the coaching or managing positions.

It just seems to me that when we aim to do something we always look to be attempting to do it at the cheapest level we can get away with.

Guess what Rovers, we certainly haven't got away with it and its now got to the position where if we don't correct this wrong then we could be out in the wilderness for a generation or more, again.

We need some people to be thinking very smartly and wisely at this very point in time.

My point was relating to Peterborough with Fergie and McCann, obviously with the latter being many fans preferred target at the mo.

Do you think he wouldn't be happy to work with a HoF?

Of course there are pros and cons to either system but the more I have thought about it, I think the HoF role is a very valuable one to the club. It's not just about black books and contacts, it's deeper than that, overseeing the whole football operation and continuity moving forward.

Copps may be inexperienced in that role but he is experience rich in many other ways plus I think he's trusted by the board, obviously, and be trusted by fans, players, managers, coaches, agents alike, which counts for alot.

I've heard him speak and I've heard other people tell me what he's like in board meetings and recruitment meetings. He's no patsy.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 03, 2023, 07:58:04 pm by danumdon »
i don't know if GM would be happy to work with a HOF, i've only heard what some have said on her about possibly him and JC not getting on, if it was with an established and successful HOF i can understand its allure, after all a club has to protect its interests and going down that route may work.

As for JC, to me he's still a club legend and always will be, i wish he'd not taken the opportunity with this position as to some it will forever stain his reputation with the fans if it continues to go pear shaped. I don't know how much control and leverage he has at the club but we desperately need things to start going right for him and the club to turn around all the negativity, will it happen, i just don't know. What we have seen so far is not great, can the financial boost improve things, certainly if its handled in the correct manner and targeted in the correct way, we only have what's happened so far to go on.

My personal view is that it looks very much like the time to start afresh, with new ideas, ways of doing things with an improved emphasis on player selection and overall management group think.

If James is just buying into what we have all seen fail for the last few years then we will continue to go backward, if he has the strength of his convictions and has the clout to change things for the better then he stands a chance to turn around a great many fans. The next few months will give us an indication into where we are going as a club.

Everyone in this forum and fans in the ground are desperate for him to do well, i hope it works out for him,us and the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 03, 2023, 08:15:05 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
i don't know if GM would be happy to work with a HOF, i've only heard what some have said on her about possibly him and JC not getting on, if it was with an established and successful HOF i can understand its allure, after all a club has to protect its interests and going down that route may work.

As for JC, to me he's still a club legend and always will be, i wish he'd not taken the opportunity with this position as to some it will forever stain his reputation with the fans if it continues to go pear shaped. I don't know how much control and leverage he has at the club but we desperately need things to start going right for him and the club to turn around all the negativity, will it happen, i just don't know. What we have seen so far is not great, can the financial boost improve things, certainly if its handled in the correct manner and targeted in the correct way, we only have what's happened so far to go on.

My personal view is that it looks very much like the time to start afresh, with new ideas, ways of doing things with an improved emphasis on player selection and overall management group think.

If James is just buying into what we have all seen fail for the last few years then we will continue to go backward, if he has the strength of his convictions and has the clout to change things for the better then he stands a chance to turn around a great many fans. The next few months will give us an indication into where we are going as a club.

Everyone in this forum and fans in the ground are desperate for him to do well, i hope it works out for him,us and the club.

Well, he's got TB parting with more cash for starters!

Of course, from a fans perspective, it can go either way. He's gone into this with his eyes open. He could easily have stood back but he believes in it and I'm sure he'll work his nuts off for the cause. 

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on May 03, 2023, 09:01:36 pm by roversdude »
There were a lot of comments previously about only picking up out of contract players being akin to bargain basement shopping. On that note I notice Messi will be out of contract but will be picking up 320million per year

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 04, 2023, 09:22:24 am by glosterred »
There were a lot of comments previously about only picking up out of contract players being akin to bargain basement shopping. On that note I notice Messi will be out of contract but will be picking up 320million per year

That 320,000,000 is that pounds, dollars euros or Argie peso. As if it’s Argie pesos it’s only about 1.1 million pesos and hardly worth getting out of bed for?

COYR

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 04, 2023, 08:12:34 pm by normal rules »

id imagine thats no big secret. otherwise contracts would have been offered. perhaps thats part of the reason we've been so shit. some of them gave up long ago.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012