Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 11:50:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Israel  (Read 55955 times)

glosterred

• VSC Member
Re: Israel
« Reply #450 on October 30, 2023, 08:48:57 am by glosterred »
And a bit of information on Israel/Palestine

https://twitter.com/P24576512/status/1718636395915362546

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #451 on October 30, 2023, 11:24:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »

For f**ks sake. There were Palestinian people living in that area who had their land forcibly taken from them by Israelis, many of whom had survived the Holocaust and descended from generations who had been treated like vermin.

There's no solution to this while people point their f**king fingers in one direction only.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #452 on October 30, 2023, 05:51:53 pm by wilts rover »

He appears to have missed the bit - after 1947 there was a Palestinian state much of which Israel now occupies in defiance of at least 30 UN Security Council Resolutions and 99 UN Human Rights Council Resolutions.

And so did you.

Funny that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #453 on October 30, 2023, 07:01:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The reporting on the "500 dead in Israeli attack on hospital" story is a car crash that the world's media needs to reflect on urgently.https://twitter.com/stevesi/status/1718367304126443933

It seems that all if them, in a stampede to be seen to be in the race to be first with the news, took a Hamas claim as being enough evidence to go with the story.

Like the guy says in that Tweet, this has had massive consequences. Apart from cementing the absolute certainty in some people's minds (Jeremy Corbyn, come on down) that Israel deliberately attacked a hospital killing hundreds, "the costs were extremely real. Saudi called off peace talks. Jordan cancelled meetings with the US President. Relief to civilians was certainly delayed. "

As I've said before, I hate what some Israeli leaders have done to Palestinians. But that doesn't mean we should accept every picture that Hamas paints of them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #454 on October 30, 2023, 07:18:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Once again, I'm not supporting Israel's actions in Gaza. There are war crimes going on, and Netanyahu and his far right headcase supporters should be held accountable for them.

But this is where the aggressive defence that even moderate Israelis show, comes from.

https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/1718699241013436811

That was last night. In Russia. Hundreds of people rampaging through an airport trying to hunt down Jews who had just landed on a flight from Tel Aviv.

Let's call that what it is.

It's a Pogrom. The sort of thing that Jews across Europe faced on a regular basis for centuries, before Hitler took it to an industrial scale.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #455 on October 30, 2023, 07:25:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
i knew the Rothchild's started buying up land in Palestine in the 1880's so I thought I would see what wikipedia says

or should I say I "thought" I Knew -

anyhow you might all want to read what wikipedia "says" whether it is all true or not I don't know

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_land_purchase_in_Palestine

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #456 on October 30, 2023, 07:36:41 pm by glosterred »

He appears to have missed the bit - after 1947 there was a Palestinian state much of which Israel now occupies in defiance of at least 30 UN Security Council Resolutions and 99 UN Human Rights Council Resolutions.

And so did you.

Funny that.

Funny that no there wasn’t

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #457 on October 30, 2023, 07:39:37 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Clearing up any confusion surrounding settlements (not aimed anywhere)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

To those that say anyone can change Wikipedia entries, have a go.
My experience on wiki was that the Jewish editors were disproportionately high in numbers and very powerful. Some people cut their own throats.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #458 on October 30, 2023, 07:43:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Once again, I'm not supporting Israel's actions in Gaza. There are war crimes going on, and Netanyahu and his far right headcase supporters should be held accountable for them.

But this is where the aggressive defence that even moderate Israelis show, comes from.

That was last night. In Russia. Hundreds of people rampaging through an airport trying to hunt down Jews who had just landed on a flight from Tel Aviv.

It's a Pogrom. The sort of thing that Jews across Europe faced on a regular basis for centuries, before Hitler took it to an industrial scale.
That info appears to have been pumped up by Ukraine channels. No surprise eh?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #459 on October 30, 2023, 07:45:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

And this illustrate the extreme hipocrasy of the Zionists. Disgusting people.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #460 on October 30, 2023, 09:47:01 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Ukraine and their Jewish president who've been called Nazis by the invading Russians have every right to call it out as quite frankly should the rest of the world.

Regardless of any of it, you can't justify those actions in Makhachkala, there's no defense for it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #461 on October 30, 2023, 09:55:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Ukraine and their Jewish president who've been called Nazis by the invading Russians have every right to call it out as quite frankly should the rest of the world.

Regardless of any of it, you can't justify those actions in Makhachkala, there's no defense for it.

BRR can find justifications for most things. It's quite a repulsive talent.

He's doing that thing he does regularly here. Dismissing or belittling anything that contradicts his world view.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #462 on October 30, 2023, 10:16:58 pm by drfchound »
 :ohmy:

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #463 on October 30, 2023, 10:29:14 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looking at the military situation the IDF has blasted a sterile corridor into Gaza city,the pics on the news suggest that they are not worried about Hamas firing at them from derelict buildings, they will welcome it as they will simply turn the building into a pile of rubble’ at some point they will flood the tunnels with Sea water and the Terrorists will either drown or emerge to be killed.they the IDF is taking it carefully to rescue hostages and limit civilian casualties.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #464 on October 31, 2023, 01:31:13 am by SydneyRover »
Looking at the military situation the IDF has blasted a sterile corridor into Gaza city,the pics on the news suggest that they are not worried about Hamas firing at them from derelict buildings, they will welcome it as they will simply turn the building into a pile of rubble’ at some point they will flood the tunnels with Sea water and the Terrorists will either drown or emerge to be killed.they the IDF is taking it carefully to rescue hostages and limit civilian casualties.

it's who do you believe netanyahu or unrwa? (nobody knows, you don't supply any links)

''Nearly 70% of those reported killed in Gaza are children and women, says UNRWA chief
The head of the UN relief agency for Palestine refugees (UNRWA) has warned that the level of destruction across Gaza “is unprecedented, the human tragedy unfolding under our watch is unbearable”''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/oct/30/israel-hamas-war-live-updates-aid-trucks-enter-gaza-strikes-casualties-israel-targets-hit-syria-lebanon

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #465 on October 31, 2023, 07:31:31 am by wilts rover »
420 children are being injured or killed in Gaza DAILY
Children there are “experiencing terrible trauma, the consequences of which could last a lifetime”

UNICEF

https://news.un.org/en/story/2023/10/1143002

As we have previously said, if Israel had concentrated on capturing or emilinating Hamas terrorists rather than eliminating or displacing the innocent civilian population of Gaza they may have more public sympathy.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #466 on October 31, 2023, 09:54:59 am by i_ateallthepies »

And this illustrate the extreme hipocrasy of the Zionists. Disgusting people.

BRR, given your contributions on this forum over the last 18 months you are in no position to judge anyone's morals.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #467 on October 31, 2023, 09:59:16 am by ncRover »

If your default opinion on everything is just to be an anti-west contrarian, then you aren’t thinking for yourself.

Such consistent paranoid and conspiratorial thought patterns aren’t healthy.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #468 on October 31, 2023, 11:10:02 am by glosterred »
When quoting death toll in Gaza you might want to take a bit of salt with it as it seems miracles happen

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1719240719309640167

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #469 on October 31, 2023, 12:00:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I meant the riot was at least partly fed by Ukraine channels whipping up race hate. Logically speaking - of course they would weapinise this, they are desperate.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #470 on October 31, 2023, 12:03:07 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

BRR can find justifications for most things. It's quite a repulsive talent.

He's doing that thing he does regularly here. Dismissing or belittling anything that contradicts his world view.
Be specific, a nd acknowledge you chose to read what I said to fit your personal hate mission.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #471 on October 31, 2023, 12:06:00 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

If your default opinion on everything is just to be an anti-west contrarian, then you aren’t thinking for yourself.

Are you paid by the BBC?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #472 on October 31, 2023, 12:27:05 pm by selby »
  The current military situation is that Israel are inflicting the maximum damage while at the same time minimising the risk to their own forces.
  If the entrances to the tunnels are in buildings they will destroy the buildings and seal the entrances up with the rubble.
  It will carry on for quite a while I think, very little change in tactics and more and more requests for an end to the destruction but little sign of outside forces helping the Palestinians but skirmishes in the rubble as the Palestinians get  more desperate.
   World opinion and probably fear of other Arab states joining the war have dictated Israel's tactics and changed the all out invasion thoughts, but will probably be a less threat to Israel's armed forces who are happy to turn it into what is a terrorist war they themselves are taking with small raids backed up with air power and artillery.
  Modern warfare in urban areas always a fear of armies going back to a form of siege of cities and armed raids when opposition is recognised and coordinates noted to reduce the attackers casualties.
   Certainly satellite and drone information will be now used to determine any large resistant areas entrance and exit to tunnels of particular interest. there will be no part of Gaza not covered by surveillance  equipment.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #473 on October 31, 2023, 12:29:56 pm by albie »
Wikileaks have published a verified document from the Israeli Ministry of Intelligence, setting out the Gaza strategy.

"A week after the Hamas attack, Israel's Ministry of Intelligence issued a secret ten-page document outlining the expulsion of the Palestinian population of Gaza to northern Sinai, in Egypt:

1. Instruct Palestinian civilians to vacate north Gaza ahead of land operations;
2. Sequential land operations from north to south Gaza;
3. Routes across Rafah to be left clear;
4. Establish tent cities in northern Sinai and construct cities to resettle Palestinians in Egypt

The document has been verified by an official from the Ministry of Intelligence, according to the Hebrew website Mekomit which originally published the document. Mekomit noted that documents from the Ministry of Intelligence are advisory and not binding on the executive."

Ethnic cleansing it is.
The bombing of essential civilian infrastructure, like hospitals and schools, is to make return impossible because of the lack of provision.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #474 on October 31, 2023, 12:44:36 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie.

How does the last sentence of the very quote you posted tie in with your conclusions?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #475 on October 31, 2023, 01:34:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Ethnic cleansing it has been from year dot by Israel, mirroring many sick murdering, thieving regimes of the past, including the USA.

Israel cutting a deal with Egypt to make a home for Palestinians is the carrot,  murdering them, imprisoning them,  making them 2nd class citizens, destroying their homes, destroying all amenities, etc etc is the stick. This is ethnic cleansing, an extreme human rights violation, a central tenet of Zionism.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #476 on October 31, 2023, 01:51:27 pm by ncRover »

Are you paid by the BBC?

The BBC who instantly believed Hamas’ 500 dead by Israeli air strikes claims and reported on it?

I had the same cynical anti-establishment views on everything like you when I was an 18 year old uni student. Then I grew up.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 05:03:06 pm by ncRover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #477 on October 31, 2023, 04:39:53 pm by albie »
BST,

Israel ethnically cleansed in 1948 when it occupied and annexed Palestinian land for settler colonialism.
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/5/15/nakba-mapping-palestinian-villages-destroyed-by-israel-in-1948
Since then, constant intimidation and displacement have been the norm, designed to reduce the viability of the Palestinian territories.

Bullet point 4 in the Wikileaks document describes an involuntary dispersal of Palestinian people from their homes and land, to a tented enclave in the Egyptian Sinai....this is a classic definition of ethnic cleansing.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1719275855325605888/pu/vid/avc1/1280x720/UdqQ0-whHu28YK7e.mp4?tag=12

To a Zionist, this is the completion of an ethnic war begun with the Nakba.

The far right Israeli government does not see innocent civilians as other than collateral damage in this displacement.
That is why the IDF have issued further warnings about their intention to bomb al-Quds hospital, knowing full well that it cannot be evacuated, and that frightened civilians have sought sanctuary there.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #478 on October 31, 2023, 05:02:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Albie

You copied and pasted something that said "the Ministry of Intelligence are advisory and not binding on the executive".

And then you announced that it proved that Israeli policy was exactly what that document said.

Do you see the point I'm making?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #479 on October 31, 2023, 05:30:32 pm by wilts rover »
When quoting death toll in Gaza you might want to take a bit of salt with it as it seems miracles happen

https://twitter.com/Imamofpeace/status/1719240719309640167

There have been 64 UN Aid workers killed in Gaza since 7th October. Which is about a quarter of ALL UN Aid workers killed in the field since the founding of the UN in 1948.

They UN are very sure of that stat - Interview on Radio 4 this morning.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012