Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 09:48:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby manager  (Read 2494 times)

donnyguy

• Forum Member
Grimsby manager
« on October 28, 2023, 05:41:06 pm by donnyguy »
Been sacked after the game  ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
Re: Grimsby manager
« Reply #1 on October 28, 2023, 05:50:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Been sacked after the game  ;)

Colchester manager sacked

they play Grimsby on Tuesday so should put in extra effort before we play Grimsby on Saturday  - hopefully that  Tuesday match is a draw so Grimsby still have their manager when they play us

didn't want Grimsby manager sacked yet.

the above worked out nicely in that they kept him for Saturday

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 28, 2023, 06:02:20 pm by danumdon »
Managers being sacked is not really something we should celebrate, even if its for a team about to play us. remember they all have wives and kids to provide for.

Obviously things have not gone right for the individual concerned but that can be for myriad reasons, and usually not something they have full control over.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 28, 2023, 06:08:37 pm by In the box »
 :thumbsup: :woohoo: :scarf: :byebye: :because he’s  :turd:!!!

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 28, 2023, 06:10:05 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
Didn't think they were terrible at all, lady luck not on their side today with the ball off the inside of post. Fans obviously not happy though, a few 'Hirst out' chants and banners, it's tough to hang on once you've lost the fans.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 28, 2023, 06:10:35 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Those that stayed to clap the lads off will have noticed the boos he got from the Grimsby fans.

Hard industry

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 28, 2023, 06:12:29 pm by roversdude »
Yeah but at least he had the balls to clap them. A couple of their players weren’t happy with the fans

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 28, 2023, 06:12:59 pm by Bessie Red »
Didn't think they were terrible at all, lady luck not on their side today with the ball off the inside of post. Fans obviously not happy though, a few 'Hirst out' chants and banners, it's tough to hang on once you've lost the fans.
Was offside anyway so wouldn't have counted!

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 28, 2023, 06:15:06 pm by glosterred »
Getting sacked after the game away from home will make for an interesting coach trip back to Grimsby

COYR

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 28, 2023, 06:17:37 pm by POD »
They think it’s all over for Hurst……. It is now!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 28, 2023, 06:23:12 pm by danumdon »
Did i hear their fans singing we want GM near the end? sounded likie it.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 28, 2023, 06:27:19 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Managers being sacked is not really something we should celebrate, even if its for a team about to play us. remember they all have wives and kids to provide for.

Obviously things have not gone right for the individual concerned but that can be for myriad reasons, and usually not something they have full control over.

This.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 28, 2023, 06:48:48 pm by Michael Shaw »
Sad to think he lost his job after one of his players gave away a penalty. It was his job and livelihood. It's not like Grimsby are bottom of the table and been there for a while. Football is unforgiving.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 28, 2023, 06:53:10 pm by adamtherover »
Those that stayed to clap the lads off will have noticed the boos he got from the Grimsby fans.

Hard industry
like on Tuesday, the better side lost today..

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 28, 2023, 06:58:14 pm by Spilsby Red »
Might have to make his own way home lol. Then find out his car is clamped for parking in the managers parking place

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 28, 2023, 06:58:34 pm by donnievic »
wrong the ball went out before the cross

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 28, 2023, 07:07:42 pm by Filo »
Might have to make his own way home lol. Then find out his car is clamped for parking in the managers parking place

He could have got a lift with me to the M18 M180 services at Junction 5 lol!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 28, 2023, 09:10:32 pm by drfchound »

Hard industry
like on Tuesday, the better side lost today..

We were saying the same Adam.
We played much better on Tuesday than we did generally today yet the results worked out the opposite way round.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 28, 2023, 09:51:34 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Ive just been told the Grimsby management team had a car waiting at  the Stadium they just went into the the dressing room at the end said goodbyes and off to the car. Obviously preplanned pictures somewhere on social media

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 29, 2023, 09:32:22 am by Lesonthewest »
Ive just been told the Grimsby management team had a car waiting at  the Stadium they just went into the the dressing room at the end said goodbyes and off to the car. Obviously preplanned pictures somewhere on social media

Their players looked gutted at the end with a few on their knees, I think they already knew the outcome of a defeat. They're not a bad side really, & may I say they had a few decisions go against them. Will be interesting to see who they bring in who's any better than  the last one.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 29, 2023, 09:54:26 am by roversdude »
Sad to think he lost his job after one of his players gave away a penalty. It was his job and livelihood. It's not like Grimsby are bottom of the table and been there for a while. Football is unforgiving.
He didn’t the fans have wanted this for a while

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 29, 2023, 10:35:43 am by Bessie Red »
wrong the ball went out before the cross
Which ever way it wouldn't have counted.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 29, 2023, 11:15:19 am by Dagenham Rover »

Their players looked gutted at the end with a few on their knees, I think they already knew the outcome of a defeat. They're not a bad side really, & may I say they had a few decisions go against them. Will be interesting to see who they bring in who's any better than  the last one.

I thought that at the time when some ended up on their knees

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 29, 2023, 01:37:24 pm by LincolnDonny »
Getting sacked after the game away from home will make for an interesting coach trip back to Grimsby

COYR

I saw 2 Grimsby guys who I assumed was coaches get walked out to car park 2 by a Doncaster official, and just wondered if 1 of them was Hurst, the time was about 5.45pm.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2023, 01:41:22 pm by LincolnDonny »

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 29, 2023, 05:37:10 pm by LincsRover »
I parked in car park 3 on Saturday and on my way back to my car I (and my mate) overheard a couple of Grimsby fans saying that a Grimsby “insider” they knew had just texted them to say their manager had “resigned” and had just “walked out of the dressing room and into a waiting car”. They said it was already decided before the game apparently, hence the waiting car?  Seems like they got some of it correct?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012