Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:38:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Season-long” loanees -Faal and Nixon  (Read 1298 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

nightporter

• VSC Member
Re: “Season-long” loanees -Faal and Nixon
« Reply #1 on December 01, 2023, 10:18:32 am by nightporter »
Faal has been impressive, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't recalled and then loaned out to a league 1 club in January.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 01, 2023, 10:19:39 am by pib »
As much as it could work against us if these two get recalled, we've benefited before from being able to send loanees back in January if they've been crap, and fill their space in the squad with someone else, so on balance it's probably a good thing that clubs put these clauses in.

Hopefully West Brom and Hull will see the benefit their loan spells are having for their development and let them stay.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 01, 2023, 10:22:51 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nothing more than scaremongering.

Having a mid term review in the loan deal is pretty standard, as we've already covered on another thread.

It's common practice for loans where things might not be going as well as expected, particularly if injuries play a part, just as it did with Andrews last season.

Also if a player is not getting enough game time to aid their development, both clubs might agree to terminate early. (Roberts might fall into this category, although Wolves might see it as part and parcel of his development to fight for his place) but, both clubs must agree.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 01, 2023, 10:25:55 am by wing commander »
Faal has been impressive, I wouldn't be surprised if he isn't recalled and then loaned out to a league 1 club in January.

i've heard rumours along those lines as well. However hopefully they will see extended game time benefits him here.When he first came he struggled and its only recently we are seeing what he has to offer.He's pretty much cemented his place here as things stand. Recalling him and sending him out to a league one club or above risks leaving him sat on a bench and doing his development no good at all..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 01, 2023, 10:34:45 am by roversdude »
Throw into the mix that Grant is pretty well connected with these loans too

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 01, 2023, 11:01:43 am by Mike_F »
I thought it was really interesting when McCann said that Faal had been training on his own for a period before joining us which would suggest that he's a long way from the first team plans at WBA and hopefully they'll see him staying with us for the remainder of the season as a positive move.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 01, 2023, 11:11:17 am by drfchound »
Nothing more than scaremongering.

Having a mid term review in the loan deal is pretty standard, as we've already covered on another thread.

It's common practice for loans where things might not be going as well as expected, particularly if injuries play a part, just as it did with Andrews last season.

Also if a player is not getting enough game time to aid their development, both clubs might agree to terminate early. (Roberts might fall into this category, although Wolves might see it as part and parcel of his development to fight for his place) but, both clubs must agree.

But in the case of Nixon and Faal, all is going well and both are getting plenty of game time.
I would imagine that both players, especially Faal, would be happy to see out the season with us.
That in itself might play a part in them staying.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 01:02:31 pm by drfchound »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 01, 2023, 11:36:14 am by selby »
  There are lots of issues to loans, for instance we might be paying a percentage of a players wages rather than all his salary and that could be re negotiated.
  We have to face up to the fact that bigger clubs may be interested in interrupting our loans of Faal and Nixon while they are showing the form they are doing, and that the parent club is the club in control of the situation and will only do what they see as the best for themselves, we come way down the list in their priorities.
  Having said that both players must be enjoying being here, have definitely advanced their careers here and may want to stay here for the season and see us as a good stepping stone to advance in the game.
   The one thing we do need is to be ready to cover the situation, and there is no reason for us not to be so.
    If the worst comes to the worst and we have not got players in mind to replace them then our system and the recruitment department will have been found wanting..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2023, 11:56:34 am by Alan Southstand »
Pretty standard stuff as far as ‘season long’ deals go. I can’t see Faal or Nixon going anywhere at this moment in time, as they’ve cemented themselves in our first 11.

Robert’s & Marsh, on the other hand, I can see departing, as neither have made an impression for one reason or another.

That would leave the door open for further loan incomings in January.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2023, 12:44:27 pm by Nudga »
Wilks on loan until end of season?

KC_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2023, 02:43:02 pm by KC_DRFC »
Wilks on loan until end of season?

He's injured again isnt he?

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 01, 2023, 03:38:29 pm by Bailey Vickerage »
Wilks started for Wednesday on Saturday and played well apparently but wasn’t in the squad on Wednesday against Leicester.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 01, 2023, 04:41:57 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Pretty standard stuff as far as ‘season long’ deals go. I can’t see Faal or Nixon going anywhere at this moment in time, as they’ve cemented themselves in our first 11.

Robert’s & Marsh, on the other hand, I can see departing, as neither have made an impression for one reason or another.

That would leave the door open for further loan incomings in January.

I just hope Fergie doesn't try to nick Faal

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 01, 2023, 05:41:35 pm by scawsby steve »
Sorry to keep quoting Shakespeare, guys, but I find this thread Much Ado about Nothing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2023, 05:51:56 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Don't panic Captain Mainwaring! Don't panic!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012