Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 08:33:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McCanns high press  (Read 2411 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
McCanns high press
« on December 26, 2023, 04:55:04 pm by Nudga »
Where is it?
I've seen more aggression in my daughters teddy's.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: McCanns high press
« Reply #1 on December 26, 2023, 04:55:57 pm by keith79 »
Every pass is a clearance

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 26, 2023, 04:57:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Not sure he has enough players with the mindset or fitness to be able to do this.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 26, 2023, 04:57:52 pm by vaya »
Every pass is a clearance

This tends to be by necessity.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 26, 2023, 04:59:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Our lack of physical presence is quite something to see. It's hard to imagine that you could pick 11 players out of a hat at random and not have a single one that sets anything like a physical challenge for the opposition.

It's a total and utter embarrassment. I'm genuinely ashamed to be watching my club out in such physically pitiful performances.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 26, 2023, 05:00:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Not sure he has enough players with the mindset or fitness to be able to do this.

It was THE screamingly obvious lack last season. How the f**k can you spend the thick end of £1m on the wage bill.and end up with THAT?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 26, 2023, 05:04:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It was THE screamingly obvious lack last season. How the f**k can you spend the thick end of £1m on the wage bill.and end up with THAT?

Because Blunt thought it was a good idea giving Coppinger a job leading on recruitment either as HoFO or HoR when he knew nothing about either. We could have brought in someone competent instead.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 26, 2023, 05:04:18 pm by Nudga »
I've been a big fan and supporter of McCann but I feel that the honeymoon period is well and truly over.
His January recruitment has got to be much better than his summer one.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 26, 2023, 05:08:10 pm by StocksArmy »
Our lack of physical presence is quite something to see. It's hard to imagine that you could pick 11 players out of a hat at random and not have a single one that sets anything like a physical challenge for the opposition.

It's a total and utter embarrassment. I'm genuinely ashamed to be watching my club out in such physically pitiful performances.

I agree with every word of this although, you have backed Ben Close this season with statistics and he has consistently robbed a wage off this club since the day he signed. He is by far one of the worst culprits for hiding when the chips are down. At no point when we have been beaten has he ever looked a class above and we could say he played well. He single handedly epitomises what is/has been wrong with this clubs recruitment.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 26, 2023, 05:24:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
It's virtually half way through the season and folk now choose to blame
 the clubs recruitment??

Seems clear any confidence the players had has been shot. Had McCann been able to change things around a bit more it might have helped but we can't get away from the fact our injury list has left us woefully short.

When confidence has gone, players are bound to look weary and leggy. Especially when things go wrong in matches which they inevitably do.

The weaknesses we already knew about, get amplified. This is the same cycle we've seen in recent seasons.

We'd better hope McCann can get hold of these players and talk to them individually and try to rescue something from this rut. We can't clear out the whole team in January. Of course, we do need help from somewhere but it will need some clear thinking going forward.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 26, 2023, 05:25:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
The only answer left is to clear out as much as possible in January. McCann will sort it but needs funds and the power to be very radical.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 26, 2023, 05:27:27 pm by In the box »
McCann is still the man ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 26, 2023, 05:29:43 pm by GazLaz »

I agree with every word of this although, you have backed Ben Close this season with statistics and he has consistently robbed a wage off this club since the day he signed. He is by far one of the worst culprits for hiding when the chips are down. At no point when we have been beaten has he ever looked a class above and we could say he played well. He single handedly epitomises what is/has been wrong with this clubs recruitment.

Hiding? He’s the midfielder who constantly gets on the ball the most. 50 touches today. Biggins had 13 (THIRTEEN) in the 60mins he was on.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 26, 2023, 05:34:33 pm by Canadian Rover »

Without a doubt.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 26, 2023, 05:45:28 pm by StocksArmy »

Hiding? He’s the midfielder who constantly gets on the ball the most. 50 touches today. Biggins had 13 (THIRTEEN) in the 60mins he was on.

He had more touches than Biggins. What a player.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 26, 2023, 05:46:13 pm by PDX_Rover »

Without a doubt.

Absolutely. And with Blunt gone let’s see what January brings.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 26, 2023, 05:50:01 pm by Rovers91 »

Can't wait for when Biggins leaves, he's absolutely shite.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 26, 2023, 05:51:30 pm by NickDRFC »

Without a doubt.

People keep talking about a January overhaul. We need to be careful here that we don’t get saddled with yet more shite and carry an even more bloated squad into the summer and beyond.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 26, 2023, 05:54:52 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Without a doubt.

People keep talking about a January overhaul. We need to be careful here that we don’t get saddled with yet more shite and carry an even more bloated squad into the summer and beyond.

Some think McCann taking control of recruitment will only bring brilliant, season changing signings but forget he signed Master Gomes.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 26, 2023, 05:58:26 pm by Lesonthewest »

For me, yes he is.

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 26, 2023, 05:58:58 pm by Daniel_Smith »

Without a doubt.

Coppinger is one who has to go - but no fans want to really admit that. He's Head of Recruitment and like the managers who preceded McCann, has zero experience in the role. Love Coppinger, but he's effecting his legacy continuing in this role.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 26, 2023, 06:04:50 pm by Petche »

Without a doubt.

Coppinger is one who has to go - but no fans want to really admit that. He's Head of Recruitment and like the managers who preceded McCann, has zero experience in the role. Love Coppinger, but he's effecting his legacy continuing in this role.

Sadly I think I agree with you.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 26, 2023, 06:07:16 pm by Chris Black come back »
Butler, McSheffrey, Coppinger.

Lee Carsley as mentor in midst of relegation battle.

Biggins "knows the area".

3yr contract to Jon Taylor >>> out for 3yr.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 26, 2023, 06:11:46 pm by In the box »
Why Copps .. though I agree he’s played his part , Schofield Mcann have both been left playing catch up for past mistakes . Unless you build a reason for players to gain points  in a game …?they will just stroll about without fear of the sack ! Either throw £ by way of  larger win  bonuses put them on the transfer list and take the hit !!

Daniel_Smith

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 26, 2023, 06:44:30 pm by Daniel_Smith »
Why Copps .. though I agree he’s played his part , Schofield Mcann have both been left playing catch up for past mistakes . Unless you build a reason for players to gain points  in a game …?they will just stroll about without fear of the sack ! Either throw £ by way of  larger win  bonuses put them on the transfer list and take the hit !!

I just think when you have a finite budget, you really need a savvy Head of Recruitment who will be able to find those diamonds in the rough. Not also-rans who end up underperforming for us and costing us money in wages we still have to pay. Sentiment got Copps the role. I don't think sentiment though is a good enough reason for him to continue. I hate saying it as Coppinger is Rovers through and through.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 26, 2023, 06:52:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
It must all be a dream when McCann came in an assured the fans 'they will be my signings'. No it's not a dream, he clearly made that (or similar) statements several times. Why he is ascribed no responsibility whereas Schofield got absolutely berated by the fans makes no logical sense.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 26, 2023, 07:12:19 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Blunts gone so Copps is the latest scapegoat?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 26, 2023, 07:13:21 pm by Chris Black come back »
McCann saying players shooting too high. Undone by crosses, which has become a problem for us.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 26, 2023, 07:21:13 pm by scawsby steve »

Neither have been scapegoats, Baz. They've just both been poor at their remits.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 26, 2023, 07:23:11 pm by DonnyOsmond »

When he was appointed HoFO people said he wasn't the right appointment, it's not a new thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012