Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:13:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pyro - Club Safety Statement  (Read 2172 times)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
Re: Pyro - Club Safety Statement
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2024, 02:08:04 pm by Silkscarf »
Oh no, facts and common sense. Not what the dullard few want to hear.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2024, 02:21:51 pm by roversdude »
If they’re as thorough at away end as they’ve got with home fans then pyros might not get in. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one launched from West Stand lol

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2024, 02:23:55 pm by Filo »
If they’re as thorough at away end as they’ve got with home fans then pyros might not get in. Don’t think I’ve ever seen one launched from West Stand lol

Yes, I’ve been searched 5 times this season after today

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2024, 03:06:28 pm by Chris Black come back »
Got to be a market here for safe(r) pyro. Probably add a lot to game day if they can avoid injuring people.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2024, 03:31:02 pm by DRFC_AjA »

It's written so dramatically its beyond ridiculous. Probably fact that someone choked on a sausage roll at a football game once, thus they should all be banned they're so super dangerous. It's written as if there'll be a death any minute, because yes there's italians dying weekly (more like never) during the decades they've been using them.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2024, 03:48:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

It's written so dramatically its beyond ridiculous. Probably fact that someone choked on a sausage roll at a football game once, thus they should all be banned they're so super dangerous. It's written as if there'll be a death any minute, because yes there's italians dying weekly (more like never) during the decades they've been using them.

When someone chokes on an incendiary sausage roll that someone has randomly thrown down their throat you might have a coherent point.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2024, 03:57:16 pm by normal rules »
There is possibly scope for clubs to sell safe, regulated legal pyro to fans, like they do in Norway. And have safe pyro areas within grounds .

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2024, 04:51:01 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
There is possibly scope for clubs to sell safe, regulated legal pyro to fans, like they do in Norway. And have safe pyro areas within grounds .

How do you tell the difference between those and the illegal ones? And what actually is the difference from a safety point of view?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2024, 05:02:40 pm by normal rules »

How do you tell the difference between those and the illegal ones? And what actually is the difference from a safety point of view?

No idea. But it works in Norway. I know nothing about the constituent parts of pyro, but if we can use smoke generators safely in nightclubs, then surely there are safe smoke bombs that could be used in football grounds.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2024, 06:23:31 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No idea. But it works in Norway. I know nothing about the constituent parts of pyro, but if we can use smoke generators safely in nightclubs, then surely there are safe smoke bombs that could be used in football grounds.

Perhaps there are, but if you can't tell any difference between legal and illegal pyros when they are used by looking at them from a distance, for safety's sake they would all have to be treated as if they are the illegal ones anyway so it's not really a solution.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2024, 06:27:10 pm by Donnywolf »
The world's gone mad .... Bring back Bog rolls they added atmosphere ( especially the used ones )

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2024, 06:31:07 pm by RoversInSpain »
Torn up newspaper was always a winner post 1978

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2024, 10:09:35 pm by IDM »
That is bog roll in Barnsley.?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 01, 2024, 11:35:10 pm by Silkscarf »
I remember some lads carrying a blanket round Belle Vue (maybe 4 , so one at each corner) and the crowd were encouraged to throw coins into it. I can’t remember the cause. Miner’s strike maybe but probably later than that I think? Yes fans, chuck coins on to the pitch, or even aim them at a particular person, that’s fine!

I also remember cheap plastic footballs being booted into the crowd as some sort of pre-match entertainment at one game in the 70s or 80s. They were valued items then so we’d keep them!

At other games bits of the ‘stadium’ (BV was only ever a ‘ground’) were broken off and hurled at opposition fans.

I understand the point about the stadium, and the game in general, seeming  a bit sterile now, in contrast.

But, like going to gigs, I don’t need smoke machines and fancy lights. That’s not what it’s about.

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 02, 2024, 09:43:08 am by deebee »
I think if they deducted 3 points from the team for every pyro thrown that would fix it in no time.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 02, 2024, 04:36:09 pm by normal rules »
I think if they deducted 3 points from the team for every pyro thrown that would fix it in no time.

Slight flaw in that plan. Fans of opposing teams going into other ends to throw pyro about to get points deducted. And it would happen for sure.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 02, 2024, 04:38:07 pm by normal rules »

Perhaps there are, but if you can't tell any difference between legal and illegal pyros when they are used by looking at them from a distance, for safety's sake they would all have to be treated as if they are the illegal ones anyway so it's not really a solution.

Ones sold by clubs, inside grounds perhaps would be marked up accordingly. Any others would be classed as illegal.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 02, 2024, 05:35:18 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Ones sold by clubs, inside grounds perhaps would be marked up accordingly. Any others would be classed as illegal.

How close to a lit one would you need to be - safely - to see any markings, though?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 02, 2024, 05:47:14 pm by normal rules »

How close to a lit one would you need to be - safely - to see any markings, though?

My suggestions are based on the premise (probably a bad one) that no pyro would be smuggled through turnstiles .If there was a choice of buying one legally inside the ground, sold by clubs or run the risk of being caught trying to get in with one that was not legal then you would like to think this could filter out some of not most of the idiots. I’m just trying to put forward sensible
Options that cater for those that choose to do this. No outright ban will stop this. Smoke grenades and the like that can be bought online are small . They can be hidden very easily. Pyros are being used up
And down the country at most grounds. There could be a safer solution . And clubs could benefit financially from it . As I’ve said before, they do it in Norway. Nobody ever thought we would get back to safe standing but we have .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 02, 2024, 05:57:53 pm by silent majority »

My suggestions are based on the premise (probably a bad one) that no pyro would be smuggled through turnstiles .If there was a choice of buying one legally inside the ground, sold by clubs or run the risk of being caught trying to get in with one that was not legal then you would like to think this could filter out some of not most of the idiots. I’m just trying to put forward sensible
Options that cater for those that choose to do this. No outright ban will stop this. Smoke grenades and the like that can be bought online are small . They can be hidden very easily. Pyros are being used up
And down the country at most grounds. There could be a safer solution . And clubs could benefit financially from it . As I’ve said before, they do it in Norway. Nobody ever thought we would get back to safe standing but we have .

The Norwegian model is not one anyone else would want to follow, its by no means as simple as it sounds. Its very heavily regulated, numerous obstacles to overcome at every occasion, can only be set off at certain times, in certain places and by certain people, all with the knowledge of the club. People in the immediate area have to be fully aware and in agreement. Anything that occurs outside these terms has severe repercussions.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 02, 2024, 10:42:38 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’m impressed that our club has a policy on this ridiculous and dangerous behaviour.
That seems like a good 3-point approach to me.

I’d just add a 4th point:

“If all else fails, throw the device back where it came from”.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 03, 2024, 08:05:21 pm by RoversInSpain »
Easy solution, do everything possible to make the football exciting, job done no other devices required.
Might even keep the idiots occupied too.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 03, 2024, 08:54:47 pm by silent majority »
I’m impressed that our club has a policy on this ridiculous and dangerous behaviour.
That seems like a good 3-point approach to me.

I’d just add a 4th point:

“If all else fails, throw the device back where it came from”.

It’s an EFL prepared statement as such, the club have an obligation to issue statements like this.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 03, 2024, 11:38:24 pm by Pancho Regan »
Yep, I get that Martin.

Just facetiously voicing my views on the subject.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012