Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 01:23:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We were nasty today  (Read 1818 times)

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
We were nasty today
« on January 01, 2024, 06:13:10 pm by StocksArmy »
Molyneux taking one for the team first half I could have celebrated like we scored. Every other time this season we allow that player to run and hope nothing comes of it. There were a few times we committed fouls in the right areas and it really put MK off their stride.

Also from where we were sat in the East Senior's challenge which he got booked for looked like he was a very lucky boy. All of us at the time instantly thought "red". Anybody in the West have a clear view of it?

I think that today was the most complete performance of the season. We looked like a side chasing promotion.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
Re: We were nasty today
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2024, 06:16:52 pm by graingrover »
It was a yellow card that’s all.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2024, 06:21:59 pm by Filo »
It was late, but not a red

Peebles Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2024, 06:24:48 pm by Peebles Rover »
I think the commentary got it right - probably an orange!

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2024, 06:41:16 pm by Plumbster »
It was Biggins’ poor crossfield pass that led to Luke’s booking

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2024, 06:42:07 pm by drfchound »
Molyneux taking one for the team first half I could have celebrated like we scored. Every other time this season we allow that player to run and hope nothing comes of it. There were a few times we committed fouls in the right areas and it really put MK off their stride.

Also from where we were sat in the East Senior's challenge which he got booked for looked like he was a very lucky boy. All of us at the time instantly thought "red". Anybody in the West have a clear view of it?

I think that today was the most complete performance of the season. We looked like a side chasing promotion.

I agree, we have been a soft touch for too long.
Even our fans cheered when he got carded.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2024, 06:46:43 pm by ravenrover »

West stander here. My 1st thought he's getting a red, personally I think he was lucky just to get a yellow JMHO

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 01, 2024, 06:52:22 pm by danumdon »
First impression was it looked tasty and could force the ref to make a decision.

I liked the fact that it did not stop Senior from getting his tackles in for the rest of the match, he defiantly loves a tackle. I agree they went out from the off with serious intentions and it paid of massively for us, more please.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 01, 2024, 06:59:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He kept his foot in contact with the pitch when he went to ground so a yellow was the right decision.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 01, 2024, 07:00:04 pm by Canadian Rover »
I think the commentary got it right - probably an orange!

MK Dons commentary said the same too.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 01, 2024, 07:44:18 pm by ncRover »

Moly just joked on Twitter that “Biggo can pay my fine” :lol:

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 01, 2024, 08:00:26 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I thought it could've been a red.

Don't think I can remember an ovation ever for a foul and clear booking. Exactly what was needed.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 01, 2024, 08:02:20 pm by Filo »

West stander here. My 1st thought he's getting a red, personally I think he was lucky just to get a yellow JMHO

Why was the player receiving treatment allowed to stay on the pitch?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 01, 2024, 08:03:37 pm by drfchound »
I thought it could've been a red.

Don't think I can remember an ovation ever for a foul and clear booking. Exactly what was needed.

I am talking about the south stand cheering when Moly got booked for taking one for the team, not the one in front of the West Stand.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 01, 2024, 08:15:15 pm by RoversInSpain »

Why was the player receiving treatment allowed to stay on the pitch?
Said on IFollow if player receives a yellow the fouled player can continue.
Ref was decent with a clash of heads by two Rovers players where both stayed on after treatment too

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 01, 2024, 08:45:13 pm by The Beast »

I was sat in the West stand and had a clear view, looked like a definite red to me, reckless and above the ankle, in the Prem would’ve been off, thankfully we don’t have VAR.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 01, 2024, 08:48:51 pm by IDM »
No I’m sorry, that foul is something which can probably be used in refs’ training videos as the definition of a clear yellow card..

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 01, 2024, 09:55:29 pm by Ryaldinhio »

But it was neither senior or sterry giving biggins an option that lead to that pass..... they were both back covering MKs 1 man upfront, once it was clear biggins had possession one of them should have shown.

Harrogate Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 01, 2024, 11:07:12 pm by Harrogate Rover »
From where I was sat in the West Stand, whilst it was a bit late, (probably 60 /40 rather than a 50 / 50). I believe it was a genuine attempt to win the ball. The linesman had a preety good view of it too. I my opinion the ref called it right with the yellow card.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012