Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:27:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sotona  (Read 8160 times)

normal rules

• Forum Member
Sotona
« on January 01, 2024, 08:20:11 pm by normal rules »
I have a few mates who are regulars at watching Boston United. They are very very impressed with him . They report his pace out does anyone he has come up against to date . I believe his loan with them runs out mid Jan. He could be a good return addition to the new formation GM has set up?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Sotona
« Reply #1 on January 01, 2024, 08:23:43 pm by albie »
I think he scored a pen for them today against Kings Lynn.

Loan finishes mid January.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 01, 2024, 09:24:05 pm by normal rules »
I think he scored a pen for them today against Kings Lynn.

Loan finishes mid January.

Yes he did. Well taken too. There is a clip of it on Facebook. Bostons first goal is a peach too.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/135317279959461/permalink/2593243224166842/

« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 09:27:31 pm by normal rules »

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 01, 2024, 09:58:27 pm by Silkscarf »
Maybe he fits right in now. Faal goes back, 433 formation - bingo. Wide options needed.

I really hope we keep Faal, but he’s leaving at some point so we have to do without him.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 01, 2024, 10:28:24 pm by Colin C No.3 »
From what I’ve seen of Kuleya I think Sotona offers more in terms of pace & ball retention…..sorry, control!

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 01, 2024, 10:32:27 pm by Petche »
Kuleya had a good 20/25 minutes today and the game passed him by, he barely got a touch. I know he's only a young lad so plenty of time for him but he was a bit headless chicken.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 01, 2024, 10:39:25 pm by Silkscarf »
Sotona has talent and pace that’s clear. He’s our player so he probably gets a chance at some point whatever system we play. I hope so, I like to see him play.

We mustn’t get carried away with formations. Obviously players move about and it changes whether we’ve got the ball or not. A key thing is 2 centre backs or 3. Maybe we’ve sorted that issue now.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 02, 2024, 12:23:38 pm by ncRover »
Just spotted that he’s left footed. So he’d make for possible back up for Molyneux.

But Deji needs some coaching about what to do and when. So it might be best getting him back on reflection.

When we played 4-3-3 early on he was hugging the touchline absolutely miles away from Ironside.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 02, 2024, 03:27:36 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
There was a game he switched off defensively and it cost us a goal. Think it was falling a sleep while his man ran off him. Not had a look in since then.

Thought it was a bit harsh given the amount of basic defensive errors our actual defenders commit. Looking at our forwards we do lack pace so he would offer something we need. With Ironside dropping in the wide players need to be making the runs into the space behind he leaves

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 02, 2024, 03:52:11 pm by Alan Southstand »
Talk of Roberts going back and us getting in another attacking wide player - Sotona fits right in to one of the slots and means we need to concentrate on other areas. I still think the lad has something to offer.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 02, 2024, 03:55:21 pm by normal rules »
Talk of Roberts going back and us getting in another attacking wide player - Sotona fits right in to one of the slots and means we need to concentrate on other areas. I still think the lad has something to offer.

Boston will be gutted to see him leave. He has made a difference since going there for sure.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 02, 2024, 04:13:06 pm by Mike_F »
Sotona very much needed to be playing first team men's football to build his experience and improve his decision making. It's good to hear that he's done well at Boston.

I think Kuleya offers more tracking back defensively and he was the one bright spark in an awful team performance at Notts County but as Gaz said, (with a few notable exceptions over the years) you can't expect players at that age to do a solid job week in, week out.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on January 02, 2024, 09:42:00 pm by Prez »
There was a game he switched off defensively and it cost us a goal. Think it was falling a sleep while his man ran off him. Not had a look in since then.

Thought it was a bit harsh given the amount of basic defensive errors our actual defenders commit. Looking at our forwards we do lack pace so he would offer something we need. With Ironside dropping in the wide players need to be making the runs into the space behind he leaves

im sure it was MK dons away that game. He has talent no question, but as said above he is a player who needs to be coached. From what bits i saw of him he didnt strike me as team player either. Hopefully Grant will eventually get the best out of him, when he returns.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 15, 2024, 05:52:27 pm by normal rules »
BUfC have confirmed today he has put pen to paper for loan to extend to end of season. Pilgrims will be very happy with this . With Faal going back I would have thought he would have returned as back up if nothing else
« Last Edit: January 15, 2024, 05:55:26 pm by normal rules »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 15, 2024, 06:20:16 pm by Alan Southstand »
2 of the lads ,that had debuts on Saturday, are not available tomorrow night. You would have thought Deji would have been cover for Waters!

Obviously not.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 15, 2024, 06:37:40 pm by roversdude »
Sure we had someone out on loan but featured in one of these games

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 15, 2024, 08:17:27 pm by Donnywolf »
Is he (deji) now , now staying for Season or was it Kuleya

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 15, 2024, 09:20:30 pm by Filo »
Sure we had someone out on loan but featured in one of these games

That would be a youth loan

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 15, 2024, 09:35:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Chance for Hurst to show what he can do tomorrow night

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 15, 2024, 09:38:32 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
On Sotana he’s better playing every week for Boston and coming back in summer for a proper crack at the 1st team with games under his belt imo.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on January 17, 2024, 03:36:23 pm by normal rules »
Another goal last night for Deji. Peno. Which he won himself. Although BUFC got beat 3-2 in scarbados

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 17, 2024, 05:00:44 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Another goal last night for Deji. Peno. Which he won himself. Although BUFC got beat 3-2 in scarbados

the other week I looked at that little bloke who plays for Harrogate (you have all been raving about him) he scored a similar goal against us as he did against Notts Defenderless County   who they also beat 3-1- (his luck was in and once again as the ball went in the net)

Now just imagine Sotana was in that "thow shalt defend and break on the oppositon Harrogate team"  he would probably scored the same type of goal as that Harrogate player --- against us and we would be saying ---- sign him

the fact that some " Deviant Alien" has taken over Devante Cole's  body or he's had  a sat nav chip implant with destination not Three Bridges Sussex but "Three White Posts"  shows   along with Toney anything is possible if you have confidence

Thierry Henry at Arsenal was hopeless as a winger and they thought about getting rid before playing him as a striker

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 17, 2024, 05:26:32 pm by scawsby steve »

the other week I looked at that little bloke who plays for Harrogate (you have all been raving about him) he scored a similar goal against us as he did against Notts Defenderless County   who they also beat 3-1- (his luck was in and once again as the ball went in the net)

Now just imagine Sotana was in that "thow shalt defend and break on the oppositon Harrogate team"  he would probably scored the same type of goal as that Harrogate player --- against us and we would be saying ---- sign him

the fact that some " Deviant Alien" has taken over Devante Cole's  body or he's had  a sat nav chip implant with destination not Three Bridges Sussex but "Three White Posts"  shows   along with Toney anything is possible if you have confidence

Thierry Henry at Arsenal was hopeless as a winger and they thought about getting rid before playing him as a striker

Jesus wept. I need the smelling salts again.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 17, 2024, 07:00:45 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Can you imagine living in the same house as CLH?  :woot: :suicide:

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 26, 2024, 09:31:31 pm by ncRover »
How’s he getting on?

If he’s doing well I’d look at getting him a good National League loan next year to keep him progressing.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 26, 2024, 09:43:42 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
I would say in the system we’re playing at the moment, he could really challenge molly on the right hand side, obviously we don’t know if he’s up to this standard, but we won’t know unless he’s chucked in the deep end.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 27, 2024, 04:18:00 am by Move DRFC »
I'd rather we go for players in the Adelakun ilk in the summer, who we know can perform at this level or even above. Don't mind the odd Sotona type gamble but if we want to challenge for promotion, then sign proven quality.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 27, 2024, 07:30:55 am by roversdude »
To be honest I’d forgotten about him not that he’s done anything wrong

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 27, 2024, 07:32:57 pm by KingKendrick »
Hard to gauge what level he is at or could play it. When he played the odd few games for us we played him out of possession with emphasis on defending which is clearly not his strong point especially considering his age.
 His pace will always cause problems it’s just controlling that and adding an end product. Could be handy to have around the 11 at the start of next season as a bench option.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 27, 2024, 07:38:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
Goodman and Kuleya gone out on loan for rest of season to Matlock Town in the NPL. That could mean the striker we have had on trial is coming on board.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012