Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 04:42:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McGrath  (Read 16902 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: McGrath
« Reply #150 on January 27, 2024, 06:16:01 pm by dickos1 »
McGrath has played 3 games, in 2 of them he’s played very well. I don’t understand the slagging off after a bad game.
Olowu has gone at the game, it’s no coincidence that whoever plays next to him has a v poor game.
McCann makes the full backs push on which puts massive pressure on the centre halves.
We’ve got to go back to 3 at the back for me.

Bailey.   Wood.   McGrath.

Nixon/sterry.                                   Maxwell

Close.       Craig.

Molyneux.            Ironside.           Adelekum.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on January 27, 2024, 06:18:57 pm by GazLaz »
McGrath has played 3 games, in 2 of them he’s played very well. I don’t understand the slagging off after a bad game.
Olowu has gone at the game, it’s no coincidence that whoever plays next to him has a v poor game.
McCann makes the full backs push on which puts massive pressure on the centre halves.

Close.       Craig.

Olowu was much better that JM at Wigan and better than him today…

Bills view

• Forum Member
« Reply #152 on January 27, 2024, 06:46:29 pm by Bills view »
Midfield is still a major problem. Teams walk through us.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on January 27, 2024, 06:50:11 pm by dickos1 »

Close.       Craig.

In your opinion maybe mate, but for me McGrath was the better player on both games.
Olowu has lost all confidence, panics on the ball, and causes the rest of the side to panic.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on January 27, 2024, 06:52:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
Olowu is one of a number who regularly shits himself on or off the ball. You could understand if the crowd was constantly on the backs of players but given how poor we have been, it’s been remarkably supportive. Players need to stop soiling themselves and start imposing themselves on games.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on January 27, 2024, 06:52:57 pm by Cramby10 »

Close.       Craig.

In your opinion maybe mate, but for me McGrath was the better player on both games.
Olowu has lost all confidence, panics on the ball, and causes the rest of the side to panic.
I was about to say the same. I think Olowu causes chaos and panic in that area of the pitch.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on January 27, 2024, 06:57:04 pm by Filo »
McGrath got away with two almighty b*llocks today, both occasions it resulted in a Stockport player being in on goal, both times Jones got a save in

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on January 27, 2024, 06:58:54 pm by drfchound »
Rowe should never be at lb.

Out of necessity isn’t it?

Maxwell was on the bench, if he’s not fit he shouldn’t be on the bench, I said it last game Rowe should not play left back, goes on walkabouts too many times

Three of the goals today came from right wing crosses, and the two in the second half were balls played into an area vacated by Rowe which gave the winger bags of time to pick out his cross into the middle.
All five goals scored from six yards out.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #158 on January 27, 2024, 08:36:57 pm by ravenrover »
Madden gave both our CBs a spanking, gave them their milk and put them to bed. Just too experienced for them to handle

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on January 27, 2024, 09:13:50 pm by The Beast »
Olowu was horrific today. He’s meant to have physical attributes. A player like Madden should not winning duels against him.
No more horrific than anyone else in red and white, last ditch tackles stopped a couple of certain goals.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #160 on January 27, 2024, 09:17:33 pm by drfchound »
Only the fifth goal was scored by a player who Olowu was responsible for.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on January 28, 2024, 11:19:08 am by ncRover »
Olowu missed a crucial header just before the 2nd goal highlight starts.

And we’ve seen Mo Faal make more headed clearances from corners than Olowu this season.

Flakiest defender the club has had. And we’re stuck with him. Fed up of his “oh well” body language after conceding goals for the last 3 seasons.

Let’s not forget the Notts County attempt at putting his body on the line.

It’s not an argument for him if he has a good game as it will just be followed by a bad one.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on January 28, 2024, 11:46:21 am by StocksArmy »
Pointing fingers at individuals will get us nowhere. Collectively, McCann has to come up with a plan to make us harder to beat. He won't do though because he obviously believes he should be at a higher standard than he is at and he won't want to be seen as though he is setting up that way against any League Two team. The players are so disconnected in every position and you sit and watch absolutely none of them trying to organise each other. There is a culture at this club where nobody takes any responsibility for being so appallingly sh!t and this is shown by the window being 3 weeks in and the same areas we are so blatantly crying out to be strengthened have been forgotten about. But its ok, we will sign another striker.

StockportHatter

« Reply #163 on January 28, 2024, 03:24:17 pm by StockportHatter »
Olowu was horrific today. He’s meant to have physical attributes. A player like Madden should not winning duels against him.

Madden is an experienced centre forward with a great leap on him. He wins aerial duels against centre backs for fun.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on January 28, 2024, 03:41:01 pm by RoversInSpain »

And we’ve seen Mo Faal make more headed clearances from corners than Olowu this season.

Flakiest defender the club has had. And we’re stuck with him. Fed up of his “oh well” body language after conceding goals for the last 3 seasons.

It’s not an argument for him if he has a good game as it will just be followed by a bad one.
We’ve a few players that are a problem, sadly Olowu is right up there at the top of the problem list.
He is shocking.
How he gets ahead of giving Faulkner a chance I don’t know.
I can see most of our players seem to be right out of the same mould, so similarly weak,and passive. Perhaps Faulkner doesn’t get in because he’s all blood and guts and we couldn’t possibly have that could we.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on January 28, 2024, 03:56:14 pm by drfchound »
I’ve watched quite a bit of FACup football over the last few days.
Lots of goals scored from crosses into the six yard box and from free kicks and corners.
Some very good teams conceding them.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on January 28, 2024, 04:17:03 pm by ncRover »
Come on Hound. Not many clubs concede 5 goals at home multiple times a season. Was it only Birmingham that have lost more than us in the last 3 years?

There are certain players who have been common denominators over the horror show of the last 3 seasons and 3 managers. So we can point the finger.

We are currently 4 places lower than last season. Let’s look at where last year’s regular players ended up.

Ro-Shaun - N. Ireland (non-league standard)
Mitchell - Harrogate 3rd choice
Barlow - Regular sub for Eastleigh in the NL
Agard - No club

How many of the current players doing up for expiry get a minimum League 2 move?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #167 on January 28, 2024, 04:18:51 pm by Filo »

We’ve a few players that are a problem, sadly Olowu is right up there at the top of the problem list.
He is shocking.
How he gets ahead of giving Faulkner a chance I don’t know.
I can see most of our players seem to be right out of the same mould, so similarly weak,and passive. Perhaps Faulkner doesn’t get in because he’s all blood and guts and we couldn’t possibly have that could we.

Strange how you always jump on Olowu, but give others a free ride, he was probably at fault for one goal, not all five, have a look at the left back position first

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on January 28, 2024, 04:36:23 pm by drfchound »
Come on Hound. Not many clubs concede 5 goals at home multiple times a season. Was it only Birmingham that have lost more than us in the last 3 years?

There are certain players who have been common denominators over the horror show of the last 3 seasons and 3 managers. So we can point the finger.

We are currently 4 places lower than last season. Let’s look at where last year’s regular players ended up.

Ro-Shaun - N. Ireland (non-league standard)
Mitchell - Harrogate 3rd choice
Barlow - Regular sub for Eastleigh in the NL
Agard - No club

How many of the current players doing up for expiry get a minimum League 2 move?

I agree that we concede plenty of times from balls into our six yard box.
So do other teams. I don’t know the actual stats because I don’t take a lot of notice of how many times they do it.
What I do know though is that we don’t defend those situations well but better teams than us are doing it on a regular basis.
People were saying how bad we were to concede that Wike goal for Wigan but then accepted the header by Bailey as a good goal when it was almost a mirror image of the Wigan one.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on January 28, 2024, 06:12:13 pm by Colin C No.3 »
My friend, 5 headed goals two of them from corners (set pieces) that surely the defence is drilled on time & time again on defending i.e marking ‘the big fellas’, picking up runners into the box, watching videos of the opposition on set pieces the list should go on so that you have a well drilled ‘unit’ which will give you every opportunity to clear the ball on such occasions, not every time of course, but tell me something.
When a free kick outside the box or a corner is given against us, what are you thinking as our opponent looks to deliver the ball into the box? What’s your gut feeling?

Because I for one am sh**ting myself, every time. I’ve been anxious in the past of course because obviously it is a huge opportunity to score but these days I can barely watch!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on January 28, 2024, 06:44:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The very worst thing about yesterday was this.

When the first goal went in, I didn't feel anything.

Not disappointment.

Not anger.

Not hope that we could turn it round.

Just a sort of, "Ah well, that was inevitable" dullness.

I go to football to feel some stronger emotion than I get in most of the week. I've very, very rarely not engaged at matches. I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm the one where, when we are 2 down with 5 minutes left, I'm thinking "If we can grab one now..."

But not this season. Week after turgid week we look clueless, passionless, disorganised and worst of all, we look as though there's no spirit or pride.

I can cope with limited players. I can cope with mistakes. What I can't cope with, is a total and utter lack of heart. The feeling, more weeks than not that getting f**ked all over by Division 4 sides is just one of them things. Not something that anyone at the club seems to care too much about.

McCann's demeanour in the post match interview summed it up. A sort of anaesthetised emptiness as though what happens, happens.

It really feels like everything needs to be gutted at this club and for us to start from scratch. Starting with players who f**king hurt like hell when they let themselves down.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on January 28, 2024, 07:24:23 pm by roversdude »
First half we relied on Craig marking a player at the back post who must have been a good foot taller than him

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on January 28, 2024, 07:52:57 pm by Filo »
First half we relied on Craig marking a player at the back post who must have been a good foot taller than him

And it happened time and time again, but we never addressed it

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on January 28, 2024, 07:57:58 pm by drfchound »
Yep, I mentioned that yesterday.
Number 11, main target for far post corners.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #174 on January 28, 2024, 08:43:58 pm by StocksArmy »
The very worst thing about yesterday was this.

When the first goal went in, I didn't feel anything.

Not disappointment.

Not anger.

Not hope that we could turn it round.

Just a sort of, "Ah well, that was inevitable" dullness.

I go to football to feel some stronger emotion than I get in most of the week. I've very, very rarely not engaged at matches. I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm the one where, when we are 2 down with 5 minutes left, I'm thinking "If we can grab one now..."

But not this season. Week after turgid week we look clueless, passionless, disorganised and worst of all, we look as though there's no spirit or pride.

I can cope with limited players. I can cope with mistakes. What I can't cope with, is a total and utter lack of heart. The feeling, more weeks than not that getting f**ked all over by Division 4 sides is just one of them things. Not something that anyone at the club seems to care too much about.

McCann's demeanour in the post match interview summed it up. A sort of anaesthetised emptiness as though what happens, happens.

It really feels like everything needs to be gutted at this club and for us to start from scratch. Starting with players who f**king hurt like hell when they let themselves down.

Word for word this is how I feel. Id love to bring my son to games when he is older but imagine going it now? If your kids are at the age where they want to start getting into football games can you imagine taking them to the eco power? My brother attempted to start taking my neice and nephew, bought them season tickets and they now point blank refuse to go. Thats how bad we are that kids who have no idea what is going on are recognising its tripe and not at all enjoyable.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012