Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 02:02:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: We lost! Lighthearted question for the forum.  (Read 1732 times)

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
We lost! Lighthearted question for the forum.
« on January 06, 2024, 03:38:05 pm by swain_drfc »
Currently on the drive home, and after the players bus broke down today we were just joking around in the car about who we would offer a lift back to Donny too if we could.

Me and my mate agreed on Ironside and Bailey.

Who would you all offer a lift?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: We lost! Lighthearted question for the forum.
« Reply #1 on January 06, 2024, 06:14:42 pm by Campsall rover »
Ironside and Bailey are the best two players week after week by a mile.

Ironside ran himself ragged again today.  His work rate is unbelievable.
If we had 11 of him on the pitch we would be going up this season.

Not 11 centre forwards of course but you know what I mean.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 06:24:27 pm by Campsall rover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 06, 2024, 06:19:33 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Senior and Close were decent today.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 06, 2024, 06:32:57 pm by Campsall rover »
Close is good in possession but out of possession he is a liability in this team. If we had a couple of midfielders with him that had some physicality and could get about the pitch then Close could be a very good player in this league and in league 1.
Biggins can’t tackle and Tommy Rowe hasn’t got the legs anymore.
Broadbent I just don’t think he is good enough at this level yet.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 06, 2024, 06:40:14 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Close is good in possession but out of possession he is a liability in this team. If we had a couple of midfielders with him that had some physicality and could get about the pitch then Close could be a very good player in this league and in league 1.

Broadbent just seems to use the afternoon for his weekly jog. Seen absolutely nothing at all from him and is that bad Biggins and Rowe are and will get in the team before him

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 06, 2024, 06:44:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Currently on the drive home, and after the players bus broke down today we were just joking around in the car about who we would offer a lift back to Donny too if we could.

Probably Bailey and Biggins. Although Biggins will be left with a long walk as I have a two seater!

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 06, 2024, 06:53:06 pm by Iberian Red »

The poor coach driver.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 06, 2024, 06:54:28 pm by Lesonthewest »
Felt for Joe today, battled all afternoon mainly with his back to goal & fed scraps. We have nobody worthy of linking play from midfield to attack. Their number 9 was excellent at it today, as he was at the Eco, just dropped into space, received the ball & away he went, we desperately need a player like him.

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 06, 2024, 07:53:54 pm by EasyforDennis »

Agreed. Close was badly at fault for their first goal. He was just stood in the penalty area daydreaming.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2024, 12:47:21 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Agreed. Close was badly at fault for their first goal. He was just stood in the penalty area daydreaming.

Agreed. On another thread, I mistakenly thought it was Rowe, but it was Close who had a brain fart there. He even got out of the way of the scorer to allow him to get in position. Criminal.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2024, 01:04:22 am by Move DRFC »
Never seen such a big squad with so much crap in it. Of the contracted Ironside Bailey Maxwell maybe a few others Senior Moly Close Sterry Hurst, but the rest can/should all go.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2024, 12:51:04 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
Never seen such a big squad with so much crap in it. Of the contracted Ironside Bailey Maxwell maybe a few others Senior Moly Close Sterry Hurst, but the rest can/should all go.

Moly crap as well, contributes very little, he’s had a season and a half to show us how good he is and he hasn’t done it, Chuck him on the out pile

Bailey Vickerage

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 08, 2024, 03:07:40 pm by Bailey Vickerage »

Moly crap as well, contributes very little, he’s had a season and a half to show us how good he is and he hasn’t done it, Chuck him on the out pile
He was our biggest threat again on Saturday. Could’ve and probs should’ve scored 2/3 and could’ve had an assist for Faal aswell.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 08, 2024, 03:26:22 pm by Paul Simpson »
Moly works hard but seems similar to Tayls with the clinical bit imo. Can we do better? Not sure I guess it comes down to the budget like the rest of the squad.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 08, 2024, 03:26:40 pm by swain_drfc »

He was our biggest threat again on Saturday. Could’ve and probs should’ve scored 2/3 and could’ve had an assist for Faal aswell.

Exactly my thoughts! We remember Moly being wasteful but that’s because he is the only one that creates and actually looks to go direct towards the goal! The rest don’t create anything to be called wasteful!

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 08, 2024, 03:30:02 pm by Mustapha-Dump »

Could’ve and should’ve, so you mean he did nothing then?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 08, 2024, 05:46:11 pm by drfchound »

Exactly my thoughts! We remember Moly being wasteful but that’s because he is the only one that creates and actually looks to go direct towards the goal! The rest don’t create anything to be called wasteful!

I agree with that.
Molyneux does make defenders look silly sometimes and forces them to make decisions.
He is always likely to do something out of the ordinary and in a better team would probably get more goal assists.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 08, 2024, 08:10:30 pm by RoversInSpain »
Moly works hard but seems similar to Tayls with the clinical bit imo. Can we do better? Not sure I guess it comes down to the budget like the rest of the squad.
And this is where a good coach earns his money, do we have such a coach?
Taylor when not injured never improved his end product since arriving from Rotherham, Molyneux is the same, does some great stuff but rarely delivers a killer ball or a regular goal.
If he’s coached to do that we’ve got a big transfer fee coming to us as well as plenty of goals. Sadly I doubt we have the coaching quality. Probably the reason we make the same mistakes over and over again and 2 keepers who still can’t leap and catch. In fact which players who we’ve had for a few seasons have actually improved? Genuine question..

Armthorpe mickler

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 08, 2024, 08:23:26 pm by Armthorpe mickler »
Yorkie Post says best chances fell to Molyneux 5goals in 65 appearances not Ironside 11 goals in 25 .Mickey Walker said at half time he was glad he'd not paid to watch.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012