Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 01:22:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Moly  (Read 4113 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: Moly
« Reply #30 on January 14, 2024, 05:09:46 pm by dickos1 »
Molyneux was very poor yesterday and he knew he was. But he still created almost everything that was good

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 14, 2024, 06:32:53 pm by steve@dcfd »
Moly hasn’t got the pace to beat players going right to bye line. He always wants to cut inside but when double marked he loses the ball.  He’s not got the strength against robust player. Since he arrived the most overrated player we have. He reminds me of a poor man’s Antony although the outcome from both players is poor which ever level they play at. Both do not create enough assists and goals per game is very poor. Next Saturday if we play 433 I’d start Waters on the right and Hurst on the left. Hope Senior is available for Left back and Rowe can play midfield

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 14, 2024, 06:48:25 pm by dickos1 »
He gets to the byline frequently
And did so a few times yesterday

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 14, 2024, 08:17:25 pm by ncRover »
4 out of 5 of Molyneux’s assists this season have come from set piece / short corner routines.

In open play he isn’t dynamic, creative or decisive enough to be first choice for us in the long term. That’s just my opinion.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on January 14, 2024, 08:21:42 pm by mushRTID »
He gets to the byline frequently
And did so a few times yesterday

Most of the time he gets to the byline, he just ends up there by running down a blind alley.

He’s not beating his man, getting to the byline and whipping dangerous balls in.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 14, 2024, 08:34:48 pm by Cramby10 »
The problem is that when he gets to the byline it’s on his wrong foot and the crosses with his right foot are rotten.
Get him on the left. Or at least rotate during the game.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 14, 2024, 11:00:47 pm by Canadian Rover »
Does he just become Matty Blair? We rule out any goals or real attacking threat but double down on work rate?

Yep and he's the kind of player we should all be thankful to have in the squad. Not many players are a lower league Ivan Toney or even a Copps. So when we get one like Luke we should thank our lucky stars!!! If we have a squad full of players with the same talent and effort we'd be in the playoffs at least.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 15, 2024, 11:10:52 am by ncRover »
Blair ended up a full back.

If you want someone to play on the left and swing crosses in with their left foot then it’s 4-4-2 or 3-5-2. Which isn’t McCann’s preferred system. And that isn’t LM’s modus operandi anyway.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 15, 2024, 11:26:45 am by Move DRFC »
Said it when he signed, average 4th division player. “But clubs in higher divisions wanted him”. Ok then.

Was just being negative again then as well!

The thing is, the data points to all these things before we sign these average players. It’s obvious with some of them, yet the club don’t know where to look. Graeme Lee said he was a good lad so we will have him!

It's quite frustrating that the club don't listen to you (correct me if I'm wrong and they do) because tbf you re mostly bang on with everything you say.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 15, 2024, 01:54:00 pm by Spilsby Red »
Moly gives his all from what I have seen of him. A player definitely to keep. He isn’t perfect as most of ours aren’t. If he was near as damn as perfect he wouldn’t be here and in this league.
He gets in the right places and shows by the chances he gets.
With the right coaching he will continue to improve and I think GM will do that

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 06, 2024, 10:36:05 pm by Canadian Rover »
Does he just become Matty Blair? We rule out any goals or real attacking threat but double down on work rate?

Yep and he's the kind of player we should all be thankful to have in the squad. Not many players are a lower league Ivan Toney or even a Copps. So when we get one like Luke we should thank our lucky stars!!! If we have a squad full of players with the same talent and effort we'd be in the playoffs at least.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 06, 2024, 10:38:18 pm by mushRTID »
Hands up from me with this one.
At the time I was very frustrated with him and I genuinely couldn’t be happier to be proved wrong. He’s been sensational.

I worry now he’s going to get snapped up!

Football eh

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 06, 2024, 10:42:54 pm by RoversInSpain »
Newport put 2 and 3 players on him today. He was left to try and find a way through which he generally couldn’t, you could see his frustration.
Might try to get a couple of our lads in a triangle.
Opposition are a bit scared of him, we don’t make the most of it.

And now we do…

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 06, 2024, 10:52:39 pm by normal rules »
The initial post hasn’t aged well has it?
My lad had £20 on a rovers win and moly to score any time at 9-1.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 06, 2024, 11:03:22 pm by mushRTID »
The initial post hasn’t aged well has it?
My lad had £20 on a rovers win and moly to score any time at 9-1.

No it hasn’t hence my reply starting “hands up from me” lol

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 06, 2024, 11:13:30 pm by ncRover »
Hands up from me with this one.
At the time I was very frustrated with him and I genuinely couldn’t be happier to be proved wrong. He’s been sensational.

I worry now he’s going to get snapped up!

Football eh

Same here Mush. Nothing wrong with having an opinion that gets proved wrong as long as you show humility and admit it.

It’s unpredictability is why it’s the beautiful game.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 06, 2024, 11:26:12 pm by Canadian Rover »
Yep. Agreed although I reposted this with intent of showing my support of what I thought was a good player, not that to shit on the rest of our fans.

It's a bit of harmless fun, let's keep the fun times going!!

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 07, 2024, 09:28:37 am by normal rules »
I’ll put my hand up and admit I thought the whole team were dead and buried in January/ February. Despair. Doom and gloom. Bereft.
People were talking about playoffs and I suggested that would be dreamland and Roy of the rovers stuff.
And yet here we are.
Always happy to be proved wrong when rovers are on the up.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 07, 2024, 09:46:53 am by ForsolongaRover »
Bad judgement rather than lack of ability was his problem.

I think we can see an overall improvement throughout the team in this department. Shooting is not always the best option, but when you do, cut back on the power and try and hit the target. Biggins’ goals are another example of accuracy before power.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on May 07, 2024, 10:08:10 am by Mike_F »
I think the problem was that he was our only attacking threat so teams could double up to shut him down/push him onto his weaker foot and that was the Rovers gameplan undone.

Since we've brought in Haks (who looks to be carrying a bit of a knock at the moment) it's given the opposition more to think about; they can't focus solely on Luke as that leaves Haks free. They give each other the freedom to find space and use it to our advantage.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on May 07, 2024, 10:17:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I’ll put my hand up and admit I thought the whole team were dead and buried in January/ February. Despair. Doom and gloom. Bereft.
People were talking about playoffs and I suggested that would be dreamland and Roy of the rovers stuff.
And yet here we are.
Always happy to be proved wrong when rovers are on the up.

The change is like nothing you ever see in football.

The first 70 minutes of the Sutton match, just 3 months ago, was grim.

Bullied and harried by a physical press.

Absolutely punchless up front.

Vulnerable at the back.

We really looked what we were - a club on the verge of dropping out of the league.

Yesterday was a performance 2 divisions higher. We played a side who have been in the top 7 all season, and we made them look like they were a division below us. We are now so much faster physically and mentally that oppositions don't even get the chance to press - the ball has gone through them.

The defence is rock solid - apart from after TLT's red card, we've conceded 4 goals in the past 9 games.

We're winning 80% of 50/50s.

And we constantly look like carving out good chances.

If I hadn't seen the transformation with my own eyes, I wouldn't have believed it possible.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2024, 11:43:13 am by BillyStubbsTears »

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on May 07, 2024, 10:38:52 am by RobTheRover »
I think the problem was that he was our only attacking threat so teams could double up to shut him down/push him onto his weaker foot and that was the Rovers gameplan undone.

Since we've brought in Haks (who looks to be carrying a bit of a knock at the moment) it's given the opposition more to think about; they can't focus solely on Luke as that leaves Haks free. They give each other the freedom to find space and use it to our advantage.

That's spot on, Mike. I think the weight we, the club and probably himself too placed on his shoulders in that team was immense.  He had a lot to carry. Others coming in and the game plan being tweaked has taken some of that off and allowed him to shine.

Might not get that anywhere else if he decides to leave.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 07, 2024, 11:21:56 am by pib »
His movement has improved a lot while we've been on this run. Not sure if it's because of Haks coming in, the formation change, something the coaching staff have worked on, or a combination of all three, but he's getting in much better positions now.

It's something I posted a few weeks ago after the Barrow game. LM and Haks are giving us extra attacking threat with those outside to in runs. It's giving us an option over the top, gives Ironside more support when he holds the ball up/flicks it on, and most importantly LM and HA are appearing in positions where they are more likely to score.

That goal from LM yesterday was a centre forward's goal really. Getting across the defender and arriving to meet a cross at the near post. Would he have scored that sort of goal last season or earlier on this season? Don't think he even found himself in that position last season let alone scoring from there.

Mustapha-Dump

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 07, 2024, 12:02:02 pm by Mustapha-Dump »
As I said to my mate in the away end yesterday, whether you have always liked him, never liked him, rated him not rated him, etc etc. Those things are up for debate, what’s not up for debate is how much of a better player he has looked under McCann in a competitive, fit team, he’s be an idiot to leave because the 18 months prior to this year were probably leading him back to hartlepool. Still not his biggest fan but love the form he’s hit in the last 3 months, a sceptic might link it to his contract status but I actually don’t think it’s that, I think he has just improved monumentally in a team that is firing well. Let’s hope he keeps it up for 2 more games at least.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 07, 2024, 02:59:42 pm by Chris Black come back »
This is all true but his next decision is probably his last decision that can earn him decent money. If some low end Championship club came in and wanted you to be a squad player for double what we are offering, at his age and given what he has earned to date in his career, he’s going to take that. Likewise the rumoured move to the A-League. That lifestyle choice cannot be dismissed.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012