Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:21:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump again  (Read 6027 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Trump again
« on January 26, 2024, 03:53:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is chilling.

https://twitter.com/ZaleskiLuke/status/1750371080357675420

He's basically saying he will dismantle the structures that have been trying to hold him to account for his crimes.

Anyone looking at this now knows preci...actually, why the f**k am I bothering? Of course he's a f**king fascist. He tried to stage a coup when he lost the last election. And still there are people in here and millions in America who refuse to ever dream of criticising him.

I always wondered how fascism took off, when the evil, egotistical paranoia of its leaders was so obvious. So it's macabrely fascinating to see it happening in real time. It takes off when enough people just stop f**king caring.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Trump again
« Reply #1 on January 26, 2024, 04:00:06 pm by drfchound »
Reminds me of Hitler.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 26, 2024, 05:26:23 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He needs to be stopped by whatever means necessary.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 26, 2024, 05:49:24 pm by TonySoprano »
This is chilling.

https://twitter.com/ZaleskiLuke/status/1750371080357675420

He's basically saying he will dismantle the structures that have been trying to hold him to account for his crimes.

Anyone looking at this now knows preci...actually, why the f**k am I bothering? Of course he's a f**king fascist. He tried to stage a coup when he lost the last election. And still there are people in here and millions in America who refuse to ever dream of criticising him.

I always wondered how fascism took off, when the evil, egotistical paranoia of its leaders was so obvious. So it's macabrely fascinating to see it happening in real time. It takes off when enough people just stop f**king caring.
Christ man, calm down.
It wasn't anything remotely being close to a coup!
The left are just spouting that lie to try and stop him from running, and gullible guardian readers like you lap it up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 26, 2024, 05:53:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm currently reading "It Can't Happen Here". Written in 1936, it's theme is America electing a charismatic showman as President, who leads the country into fascism.

It was only 88 years ahead of its time.

I tell you know. If he wins, we are in a world of shite. He had (some) people around him who could control him last time. Every last one of them is now gone and replaced by sycophants. And he's spent 4 years nursing a bruised ego against an electorate that kicked him out. Nothing matters more to the man-child than his ego, and I see him returning like the avenging angel to take his wrath out on those who brought him down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 26, 2024, 05:54:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tony.

I have a philosophy for life. Read what you say and assume the polar opposite is true.

Thanks for reminding me what a good principle it is.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 26, 2024, 06:48:12 pm by tommy toes »
The structures he is trying to banish should get on with prosecuting and imprisoning this maniac, dismissing his appeals quickly and proving without a shadow of a doubt, plainly and clearly, what a bankrupt crook this bloke is.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 26, 2024, 07:07:19 pm by drfchound »
Am I right in saying that Trump could still be elected President if he was in jail.
If that is so then he could still go ahead with everything that he mentions in that clip.
And could he also pardon himself?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 26, 2024, 07:51:31 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Am I right in saying that Trump could still be elected President if he was in jail.
If that is so then he could still go ahead with everything that he mentions in that clip.

He can certainly be elected, and then your last comment is the first action he takes  :headbang: :turd:

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 26, 2024, 08:03:32 pm by normal rules »
Politics in America is like their gun laws. f**ked up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on January 26, 2024, 08:23:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He can certainly be elected, and then your last comment is the first action he takes  :headbang: :turd:

Astonishing isn't it?

You can't vote in much of the USA if you've been convicted of a felony even after you've been released.

But you CAN be convicted of trying to stage a coup, and yet be elected President from your cell.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on January 26, 2024, 08:43:41 pm by ncRover »
“The American republic was founded on a set of beliefs that were tested during the Revolutionary War.

Among them was the idea that all people are created equal, whether European, Native American, or African American, and that these people have fundamental rights, such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, and freedom of assembly.”

Trump’s rhetoric can be used against him. “Make America great again” but he goes against many of the liberal values that the USA was built upon.

His anti-immigration rhetoric goes against the idea of America being a land of opportunity for anyone.

We can add “Equality under law” as another American value Trump goes against.

The big worry here is the intellectual capability of Biden to win enough people over. We have seen in recent years that simply smearing people as racist and stupid doesn’t work funnily enough.

Bill Clinton was inaugurated 31 years ago and he’s still younger than both Trump and Biden. I can’t believe it’s going to be these 2 again.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 26, 2024, 09:02:50 pm by MachoMadness »
As ever, the Simpsons called it 30 years ago.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 26, 2024, 09:38:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
“The American republic was founded on a set of beliefs that were tested during the Revolutionary War.

Among them was the idea that all people are created equal, whether European, Native American, or African American, and that these people have fundamental rights, such as liberty, free speech, freedom of religion, due process of law, and freedom of assembly.”

Trump’s rhetoric can be used against him. “Make America great again” but he goes against many of the liberal values that the USA was built upon.

His anti-immigration rhetoric goes against the idea of America being a land of opportunity for anyone.

The big worry here is the intellectual capability of Biden to win enough people over. We have seen in recent years that simply smearing people as racist and stupid doesn’t work funnily enough.

Bill Clinton was inaugurated 31 years ago and he’s still younger than both Trump and Biden. I can’t believe it’s going to be these 2 again.

Biden's team has done a quite brilliant job of steering the American economy out of COVID and past the worst rock of the inflation shock. It'll be seen by future economic historians as a textbook job. The question now is whether the American voters believe their own wallet, or what Fox News and the far right Social Media blitz tells them is happening.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 26, 2024, 09:47:41 pm by drfchound »
I would’ve thought that the left leaning American public would listen to a different station and read different media so wouldn’t be influenced by Fox News and far right social media.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 26, 2024, 10:01:33 pm by ncRover »

Biden's team has done a quite brilliant job of steering the American economy out of COVID and past the worst rock of the inflation shock. It'll be seen by future economic historians as a textbook job. The question now is whether the American voters believe their own wallet, or what Fox News and the far right Social Media blitz tells them is happening.

I’m not doubting that. The fact that the USA generates its own energy definitely helped on the inflation front compared to Europe.

Biden is weak at public speaking is what I was trying to say. The Democrats need to build intellectual arguments and narratives of their own, rather than just saying “Orange man bad” this time. It won’t work. Like you said “Biden’s team”, everyone sees he is basically a dummy on stage.

Jan 6th and the events before were a very bad omen. And you’re right, it is following the character development arc of a fascist leader.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on January 26, 2024, 10:01:50 pm by Filo »
He’s been ordered to pay $83.3m in the defamation case

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on January 26, 2024, 10:08:33 pm by ncRover »

His response:

"Our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon. They have taken away all First Amendment Rights. THIS IS NOT AMERICA!"

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 26, 2024, 10:09:38 pm by scawsby steve »
I would’ve thought that the left leaning American public would listen to a different station and read different media so wouldn’t be influenced by Fox News and far right social media.

It's what's known as being hysterical, mate. They do it in this country. It's not that long since that the "cornered rat", Putin, was going to nuke us all.

I just wish Rovers would move out of the bottom 4, then maybe people would calm down a bit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 26, 2024, 10:54:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Aye SS. You never have been able to bring yourself for seeing what Trump is, have you.

He's a sex criminal, a pathetic, creosoted man-child who has an ego as brittle as our defence. But he is also the biggest danger to Western democracy in nearly a century, because he serves no-one but himself.

And have a word with Hound because he doesn't get how elections work. Trump getting elected has f**k all to do with how the more left wing Americans vote. They WILL vote for Biden. And Biden WILL win the national vote by 10 million.

What matters is how a few hundred thousand swing voters come down in half a dozen tight states. And they are going to be bombarded by lies and propaganda from right wing TV stations and targeted social media campaigns, funded by the alliance of Russia and the far right Republicans.

It's up to people to care enough to stop the bas**rd. But if they are like you, never once seeing fault in him, I fear for the outcome.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 26, 2024, 11:25:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

His response:

"Our Legal System is out of control, and being used as a Political Weapon. They have taken away all First Amendment Rights. THIS IS NOT AMERICA!"

This from the man who recently tried to sue Michael Cohen for $500mill under the very same defamation law that he now says goes against the First Amendment.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 27, 2024, 06:30:59 am by Nudga »
I'm no trump fan whatsoever but labelling him as a sex criminal and ignoring Bidens weird sniffing and feely touchy pedo vibes is just weird, and his son didnt fall far from the apple tree either.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on January 27, 2024, 09:14:29 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm no trump fan whatsoever but labelling him as a sex criminal and ignoring Bidens weird sniffing and feely touchy pedo vibes is just weird, and his son didnt fall far from the apple tree either.

By 'labelling' do you mean 'being found guilty of'?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on January 27, 2024, 09:26:27 am by ravenrover »
Nudga he is guilty of sexual assault/rape, I reckon that comes under the label of sex crime
« Last Edit: January 27, 2024, 09:38:26 am by ravenrover »

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 27, 2024, 09:31:28 am by TonySoprano »
Tony.

I have a philosophy for life. Read what you say and assume the polar opposite is true.

Is that all you've got ?
You try and present yourself as some quasi intellectual political commentator, but yet can't back up your argument, so at best your a far left hack. 

What actual evidence do you have that he tried to stage a coup?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 27, 2024, 09:52:46 am by BillyStubbsTears »

A few hundred thousand people saying "I'm no fan of Trump, but..." is exactly what will put a vengeful fascist back in the White House.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on January 27, 2024, 12:08:15 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Tony.

Is that all you've got ?
You try and present yourself as some quasi intellectual political commentator, but yet can't back up your argument, so at best your a far left hack. 

What actual evidence do you have that he tried to stage a coup?

The stack of evidence that will be presented at his trial for attempting a coup will no doubt be very illuminating for you.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 27, 2024, 12:23:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
The US choosing between Trump and Biden has lost its way completely. Most leaders that come to the fore are bad, very bad,  The reason is that it is never about the mass of people,  it is about the  elites in control, alway has been.

Starmer v Sunak - really? This isn't much better.

And this is what many think is about the will of the people.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 27, 2024, 12:42:57 pm by Nudga »

A few hundred thousand people saying "I'm no fan of Trump, but..." is exactly what will put a vengeful fascist back in the White House.
one is a dangerous far right w**ker and the other is a dangerous far left pedo. More kids have been mutilated under his tenor.
At least less bombs were dropped under the fat orange w**kers stay in office

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 27, 2024, 02:09:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

one is a dangerous far right w**ker and the other is a dangerous far left pedo. More kids have been mutilated under his tenor.
At least less bombs were dropped under the fat orange w**kers stay in office

I seem to recall someone fuming about people being 'labelled'. I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012