Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 11:10:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Bradford City game  (Read 7820 times)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Bradford City game
« Reply #120 on January 30, 2024, 10:22:30 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
The people at the top aren’t organised, it shows in how things are going on the pitch. The manager has had a long time to develop a style of play, he hasn’t. It needs a new start and not waiting until next season. The only way we stay up at the minute is if those below us don’t get enough points. We need a manager to come in and lift the place. We need the owners to get their heads out of their a..es and stop kidding themselves they’re doing a good job.

How can you develop a long term style of play when you’re having to change the team every week due to injuries? I genuinely don’t think that any other Manager (within our reach) could do much better than GM right now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 30, 2024, 10:24:47 pm by TonySoprano »
I was watching a different game to most I think, last half an hour we battered them.
Anyone who looked at that pitch and thought it would be a good idea to pray about at the back with it needs sectioning
Christ, every time I read one of your posts, it makes me think that there's something in the dead Internet theory.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 30, 2024, 10:26:38 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
I was watching a different game to most I think, last half an hour we battered them.
Anyone who looked at that pitch and thought it would be a good idea to pray about at the back with it needs sectioning

Battered them?????

You really are clutching at straws dickos.

I wouldn’t say we battered them but we were the better team for much of the second half. First half we were poor.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on January 30, 2024, 10:29:11 pm by ncRover »
The people at the top aren’t organised, it shows in how things are going on the pitch. The manager has had a long time to develop a style of play, he hasn’t. It needs a new start and not waiting until next season. The only way we stay up at the minute is if those below us don’t get enough points. We need a manager to come in and lift the place. We need the owners to get their heads out of their a..es and stop kidding themselves they’re doing a good job.

How can you develop a long term style of play when you’re having to change the team every week due to injuries? I genuinely don’t think that any other Manager (within our reach) could do much better than GM right now.

Stockport had a lot more players injured than us on Saturday

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on January 30, 2024, 10:29:53 pm by GazLaz »
The lack of tempo and application with and without the ball is astounding. Taylor came on and showed more energy in the first 10 minutes he was on than anyone one else had (maybe bar Maxwell) at all.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on January 30, 2024, 10:30:02 pm by Thorney »
Im always curious why some people feel the need to come on here after every defeat and remind us how shit we are! As if we dont watch the games or see the league table ourselves! Strange bunch…it’s almost as if they enjoy it!

Anyway, I’ve personally never known a season like this one, particularly for injuries which have been devastating. Would any team say outside the top 6 in the Premier league have been able to cope with this level of misfortune? Of course some of players clearly haven’t been good enough this season and for others their confidence is shot to pieces I’m sure. For me it’s just about getting through to the Summer and building for next year now which is pretty depressing but over the years I’ve realised that this is often the Rovers way!

Fans are fed up of just getting through to the summer and build again. Its been 3 years of utter dross. They are going to come on here to vent their disapointment. Thats what this forum is for. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose, well rovers fans anyway.

If you believe/realised that this is the rovers way then you really have accepted mediocre football.

You need to be pragmatic as a Rovers fan fella. 45 years of supporting them has taught me that it’s largely forgettable, sometimes thoroughly depressing and occasionally fantastic. That’s the way it is and if you want or expect anything else then you’re following the wrong team. As for fans venting disappointment then I’ve no problem with that, but how often do you see certain posters only appear after a defeat and do a disappearing act after a victory? You don’t need to look far.

I have no issues with suffering disapointment with some excitement,  but for the last 3 seasons the club have stuck their head into the sand. We are in 22nd place of the lowest tier in the EFL. They need to admit we are in a relegation battle and not that we are in a false psoition. The football has been dreadful for the majority of the season. Where have the performances of the everton and hull game gone.

Ive tried to stay positive (been negative tonight). I still think mcann is the man to take us forward. But we are on the edge of having a 15,000 seater stadium in the national league.
Yes their are posters who only ever post after a defeat which pisses me off and never any praise during a win

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on January 30, 2024, 10:30:30 pm by ForsolongaRover »

Do you think it’s only just lack of mutual understanding then? I must say that compared even with Bradford who did not make the most of their possession, so many of the players lack basic ball control and positional sense - even for this level.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on January 30, 2024, 10:33:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Stockport had a lot more players injured than us on Saturday

Maybe but it was clear that the players who they could call on were much better than ours!!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on January 30, 2024, 10:35:17 pm by dickos1 »

Battered them?????

After their goal yes we battered them, they resorted to time wasting, we were on the front foot winning all the second balls and playing really well.
Question that needs to be asked is why do we not play like that more often.
We do it in spells in most games, Mansfield, mk dons, Wigan,

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on January 30, 2024, 10:37:04 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

Do you think it’s only just lack of mutual understanding then? I must say that compared even with Bradford who did not make the most of their possession, so many of the players lack basic ball control and positional sense - even for this level.

Sure. As I’ve said on a previous post, some of our players haven’t been anywhere near good enough this season. My point though is that developing a consistent and settled style of play when you’ve been hit by the sheer amount of injuries that we’ve had this season is surely almost impossible?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #130 on January 30, 2024, 10:38:21 pm by Lesonthewest »
Saturday is big. We have Sutton, and Forest Green go to Colchester. If we can get a draw and Colchester win, we have a platform then.

Sutton is huge. I’d say a win is essential. Rovers cannot allow Sutton or FGR to get any closer points wise. 7 is a nice buffer. 4 or 3 less so. Plus our GD is only going one way.
Stay solid, give them nothing, & hopefully a chance comes our way. Would take a draw right now, we are poor, really poor. Just need to get the end of the season in this league, however we get there.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on January 30, 2024, 10:40:57 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Im always curious why some people feel the need to come on here after every defeat and remind us how shit we are! As if we dont watch the games or see the league table ourselves! Strange bunch…it’s almost as if they enjoy it!

Anyway, I’ve personally never known a season like this one, particularly for injuries which have been devastating. Would any team say outside the top 6 in the Premier league have been able to cope with this level of misfortune? Of course some of players clearly haven’t been good enough this season and for others their confidence is shot to pieces I’m sure. For me it’s just about getting through to the Summer and building for next year now which is pretty depressing but over the years I’ve realised that this is often the Rovers way!

Fans are fed up of just getting through to the summer and build again. Its been 3 years of utter dross. They are going to come on here to vent their disapointment. Thats what this forum is for. Nobody enjoys seeing us lose, well rovers fans anyway.

If you believe/realised that this is the rovers way then you really have accepted mediocre football.

You need to be pragmatic as a Rovers fan fella. 45 years of supporting them has taught me that it’s largely forgettable, sometimes thoroughly depressing and occasionally fantastic. That’s the way it is and if you want or expect anything else then you’re following the wrong team. As for fans venting disappointment then I’ve no problem with that, but how often do you see certain posters only appear after a defeat and do a disappearing act after a victory? You don’t need to look far.

I have no issues with suffering disapointment with some excitement,  but for the last 3 seasons the club have stuck their head into the sand. We are in 22nd place of the lowest tier in the EFL. They need to admit we are in a relegation battle and not that we are in a false psoition. The football has been dreadful for the majority of the season. Where have the performances of the everton and hull game gone.

Ive tried to stay positive (been negative tonight). I still think mcann is the man to take us forward. But we are on the edge of having a 15,000 seater stadium in the national league.
Yes their are posters who only ever post after a defeat which pisses me off and never any praise during a win

I can’t really argue with any of that. Poor decisions at the top have caused much of our issues this season. Saying that, at the time I thought Schofield was a really astute piece of business, so what the hell do I know?

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on January 30, 2024, 10:41:05 pm by Thorney »

Battered them?????

After their goal yes we battered them, they resorted to time wasting, we were on the front foot winning all the second balls and playing really well.

We dont do it in spells in most games though!!!
That is why we are 22nd. We have conceded 5 goals at home twice this season.
Been beaten by harrogate twice, been outplayed by salford.
We have now started to rely on sutton and FGR failing to pick up points.

When will the alarm bells start ringing for you dickos?

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on January 30, 2024, 10:42:48 pm by Lesonthewest »

Great post, this is where we are in a nutshell. If we do, & hopefully will keep our league status, Grant has a massive summer ahead.

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on January 30, 2024, 10:43:35 pm by Thorney »

I can’t really argue with any of that. Poor decisions at the top have caused much of our issues this season. Saying that, at the time I thought Schofield was a really astute piece of business, so what the hell do I know?

Hell i thought reo griffiths was a blinding signing. Thought he was gonna tear up league 1 and then thought he would at least get 15-20 goals in league 2. He didnt even get that many apperances.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on January 30, 2024, 10:47:33 pm by idler »
Well apart from being frozen most of tonight I enjoyed the effort and commitment shown by the players tonight. They were rightly clapped off at the end and were on the wrong end of a lot of debatable decisions by the officials. I thought that Hurst was onside when the ball was played late on as well. I think that if we can carry that level of commitment and enthusiasm forward for the rest of the season we at least have a chance.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on January 30, 2024, 10:51:32 pm by dickos1 »
Well apart from being frozen most of tonight I enjoyed the effort and commitment shown by the players tonight. They were rightly clapped off at the end and were on the wrong end of a lot of debatable decisions by the officials. I thought that Hurst was onside when the ball was played late on as well. I think that if we can carry that level of commitment and enthusiasm forward for the rest of the season we at least have a chance.

Exactly, I honestly don’t know what game some folk were watching tonight

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on January 30, 2024, 10:52:35 pm by roversdude »
Me too Dickos I thought we played well and were unlucky I actually enjoyed the game

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #138 on January 30, 2024, 10:59:34 pm by In the box »

Great post, this is where we are in a nutshell. If we do, & hopefully will keep our league status, Grant has a massive summer ahead.
So what would be different next season that didn’t get addressed the last three seasons . Leeds United Nottingham Forest Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesdays Luton Town etc etc all drifted in recent years down through the leagues and took an age to rebuild .. we too 150 years just to get to the where we are now and stayed a short time in the championship and struggled ever since . Now a look at those team’s pedigree from the size of their support base to their turnover in £ms . We should be happy just to have Team in the EFL’s 72? Because there is no magic formula without the cash means and the support of 15k every week to , L2 isn’t that bad providing your not still drifting down like Southend Scunthorpe or Darlington and Halifax.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on January 30, 2024, 11:01:40 pm by GazLaz »

Battered them?????

Game state dictates a lot of what happens in football. They took the lead in a one off, KO cup tie, sat back and drew us on. We are not good enough to play like that at 0-0 when the other team wants to control the game more on the front foot.

JonWallsend

• Forum Member
« Reply #140 on January 30, 2024, 11:05:56 pm by JonWallsend »
I wasn't there  but my Dad, who generally tells it how it is, albeit he usually  errs on the side of optimism,.was and he also enjoyed the game felt we played well and didn't  get the rub of the green with regard to decisions. Much better than Saturday  however the opposition  were not in the same class as Saturday  was his conclusion

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on January 30, 2024, 11:07:01 pm by dickos1 »

Battered them?????

Game state dictates a lot of what happens in football. They took the lead in a one off, KO cup tie, sat back and drew us on. We are not good enough to play like that at 0-0 when the other team wants to control the game more on the front foot.

Yeah I understand that, but we were picking up second balls, playing with far more urgency and aggression.
It shouldn’t take falling behind to instigate that.

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on January 30, 2024, 11:07:17 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
We make excuses for this manager and previous ones again and again. Other clubs have injuries and manage. No excuse.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on January 30, 2024, 11:09:33 pm by Lesonthewest »

Well I've read some stuff from you, but the 'We battered them second half' , is up there with the most deluded comments ever.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on January 30, 2024, 11:11:20 pm by dickos1 »

Well I've read some stuff from you, but the 'We battered them second half' , is up there with the most deluded comments ever.

The players were clapped off the pitch, there are plenty of other folk who’ve commented on here stating the same view as myself. So not sure why you’ve taken to picking me out and making yourself look daft

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on January 30, 2024, 11:19:15 pm by GazLaz »

The players were clapped off the pitch, there are plenty of other folk who’ve commented on here stating the same view as myself. So not sure why you’ve taken to picking me out and making yourself look daft

Created nothing of note from open play before they scored.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on January 30, 2024, 11:21:35 pm by dickos1 »

Created nothing of note from open play before they scored.

I agree, that’s exactly the point I’ve been making.
Although we should’ve scored when Taylor played it across the 6 yard box and there was nobody there to tap in.

We looked far more dangerous from set pieces today than we have all season, and more secure defending them

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on January 30, 2024, 11:26:36 pm by TheFunk »
It's now 11.25pm has anyone seen Broadbent yet.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on January 31, 2024, 12:16:26 am by Lesonthewest »

Battered them?????

Lol, no the question that needs to be asked, or one of them, is why we can't string more than 2 passes together, show a distinct lack

Lol, point me towards anyone who said we battered them, who looks daft now.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on January 31, 2024, 12:30:38 am by Campsall rover »
When he plays it’s like playing with 10 men

Seriously what does he bring to the team?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012