Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:45:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL statement - Transfer fee restriction  (Read 8593 times)

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
Re: EFL statement - Transfer fee restriction
« Reply #30 on February 01, 2024, 05:55:21 pm by McCammon egg n chips »
This does not happen in a well run team.

Completely lost faith in TB now. He appoints his mate as chairman and fiddles whilst Rome burns.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on February 01, 2024, 05:55:28 pm by pib »
I've heard there's been some office shuffling, people leaving and so on that won't get reported as it's nothing to do with the first team. Could be an accountant that's messed up maybe?

I know the former FD left not so long ago. Whether that was his decision or the clubs it’s not clear.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 01, 2024, 05:59:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
You don't get senior finance people in football clubs, they're small businesses at our level.

It's quite clear in the judgement that I can see we pushed our luck with it and lost.

In no business is it down to one person, I'd expect the coo, CEO to see the data on this in a club like ours.  I'd like to see them say what happened.

This is noteworthy too per the judgment. A reason why not to pursue the ban....

ii) to make the Club (which I infer is potentially being made available for sale) less
attractive to potential purchasers and so have an impact on the Club’s value.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 06:01:37 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 01, 2024, 06:16:02 pm by wilts rover »
Clearly there has been some dispute in this issue - we haven't 'forgotten' to pay any other loan fees and we have had plenty of loans in that time.

My guess is there was a 'games played/minutes played' clause in the loan. Brighton though we had passed it - Rovers didn't Brighton won.

But yeh, bound to be the clubs fault.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 01, 2024, 06:17:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

i thought i would see whatever happened to the "football impersonator" Miller

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_Miller_(footballer)

he's at Bromley who are a team of rough giants

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 01, 2024, 06:17:37 pm by murham »
Explains a lot of what we have endured these last 3 seasons
Professional?    Not this club at the moment
We have been duped and lied to

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 01, 2024, 06:29:14 pm by mushRTID »
This follows the HMRC announcements in recent years, 2 or 3 of them I think it was.

We were assured then it was just a paperwork timing thing and there was nothing to worry about.

But these things keep cropping back up don’t they.

Standards come from the top, it’s irrelevant if it was a useless accountant who’s now gone.

Really am sick of this club at the moment.

We are in the shit on the pitch and this nonsense has forced us down the cheap loan route in trying to turn it around.

I can’t see McCann sticking around* working for these clowns, especially if those rumours are true about Peterborough still paying a
Portion of his wage. What happens when that stops, if it’s true?

*I will add he has been a disappointment as well but at least he has a bit of professionalism and track record.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 01, 2024, 06:39:05 pm by TonySoprano »
This is absolutely hilarious, you've just got to laugh at the shear incompetence of the board.

Take a bow brammall, blunt and Baldwin, and then do the right thing and put the club up for sale, PLEASE !

Absolutely embarrassing incompetence that's hurting the club.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on February 01, 2024, 06:43:33 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Surprised we didn't appeal it so much that we are banned from paying a fee for along time

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on February 01, 2024, 06:47:02 pm by selby »
  It was nothing to do with TB or GB and both have taken steps to make sure it never happens again.
  Unfortunately Tony it was an employee much like yourself all gob and no substance.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on February 01, 2024, 06:49:52 pm by Nudga »
This follows the HMRC announcements in recent years, 2 or 3 of them I think it was.

We were assured then it was just a paperwork timing thing and there was nothing to worry about.

But these things keep cropping back up don’t they.

Standards come from the top, it’s irrelevant if it was a useless accountant who’s now gone.

Really am sick of this club at the moment.

We are in the shit on the pitch and this nonsense has forced us down the cheap loan route in trying to turn it around.

I can’t see McCann sticking around* working for these clowns, especially if those rumours are true about Peterborough still paying a
Portion of his wage. What happens when that stops, if it’s true?

*I will add he has been a disappointment as well but at least he has a bit of professionalism and track record.

I reckon he will walk in the summer regardless of league status. Then we'll have to start all over again with someone else's "process".
And I agree with you, I'm sick of this club. Sick of going backwards, sick of watching clueless division 4 footballers, sick of hearing shite soundbites from them upstairs.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 01, 2024, 06:55:57 pm by TonySoprano »
  It was nothing to do with TB or GB and both have taken steps to make sure it never happens again.
  Unfortunately Tony it was an employee much like yourself all gob and no substance.
Absolute rubbish, they are ultimately responsible.

There's no accountability at the club, they are incompetent at best, and proven liars whose actions are hurting the club, taking us to the brink on non league  and sycophants like yourself are as bad, and part of the problem .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 01, 2024, 06:57:05 pm by silent majority »
Well I've seen some tripe written on this message board before but I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. It seems like any excuse to stick the boot in will suffice.

We were well aware that this was in the offing and the circumstances that led to it. It was a simple mistake, brought about by a change in the EFL ruling in the summer, compounded by a FD who was having a difficult patch.

It's no biggy, the CEO and TB were unaware that this was happening and the EFL, because it was more of a technical issue than anything else, were as lenient as they could be given the way the ruling was written.

I just can't believe what I'm seeing on this forum, mountains and molehills spring to mind!!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on February 01, 2024, 06:59:43 pm by mushRTID »
If this mistake has hindered our recruitment this month, in trying to stay in the football league….why shouldn’t it be questioned?

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on February 01, 2024, 07:03:11 pm by lee.j09 »
Well I've seen some tripe written on this message board before but I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. It seems like any excuse to stick the boot in will suffice.

We were well aware that this was in the offing and the circumstances that led to it. It was a simple mistake, brought about by a change in the EFL ruling in the summer, compounded by a FD who was having a difficult patch.

It's no biggy, the CEO and TB were unaware that this was happening and the EFL, because it was more of a technical issue than anything else, were as lenient as they could be given the way the ruling was written.

I just can't believe what I'm seeing on this forum, mountains and molehills spring to mind!!

Potentially relegates us. Depending on how the season pans out.

No biggy

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 01, 2024, 07:06:46 pm by mushRTID »
We must be the unluckiest club going with all these mistakes.

Covid seemed to affect us more than other clubs too.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on February 01, 2024, 07:14:11 pm by selby »
  How has it stopped us signing players, one has just been announced, it looks as if some supporters who have not seen him think he is poor, but we have signed him, and there is nothing new in players coming in being put down as rubbish now its old hat.
  I will make my mind up how good he is when I see him play.

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 01, 2024, 07:17:32 pm by Christherover »

I rarely post on here but if the club knew about this then why was it promised that significant funds would be made available in January Silent Majority?

To those who have an axe to grind with the ownership about a perceived lack of funding surely this won’t help the situation and will look like the fans have been given information when it couldn’t possibly be true.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 01, 2024, 07:17:47 pm by silent majority »
If this mistake has hindered our recruitment this month, in trying to stay in the football league….why shouldn’t it be questioned?

It hasn't though has it.

Maybe you should read the rule book first.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on February 01, 2024, 07:18:16 pm by GazLaz »

Lots of simple mistakes in every department compound and end up with us being bottom of division 4. That’s the issue.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 01, 2024, 07:18:26 pm by mushRTID »
Have I misunderstood something or are we not allowed to spend money this window.

Happy to admit if I have misunderstood it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2024, 07:21:12 pm by mushRTID »

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 01, 2024, 07:21:25 pm by Surrey Rover »

I’m sorry Martin but that is a quite ridiculous reaction to what has unfolded in these last few hours. It’s very well you stating you knew all about it and what it entails but I like the majority on here had not the slightest inclination of this EFL sanction. Maybe if the VSC has given us a heads up rather than we find out via a EFL press release the reaction might not have been so vociferous. Fans are genuinely concerned, just look at the league table, our league status is under serious threat.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on February 01, 2024, 07:22:10 pm by silent majority »

I rarely post on here but if the club knew about this then why was it promised that significant funds would be made available in January Silent Majority?

To those who have an axe to grind with the ownership about a perceived lack of funding surely this won’t help the situation and will look like the fans have been given information when it couldn’t possibly be true.

I don't get your point, where did the club say that significant funds were being made available in January?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 01, 2024, 07:22:19 pm by Nudga »
  How has it stopped us signing players, one has just been announced, it looks as if some supporters who have not seen him think he is poor, but we have signed him, and there is nothing new in players coming in being put down as rubbish now its old hat.
  I will make my mind up how good he is when I see him play.

Maybe people wanted to see us sign an established goalkeeper (jed steer was mentioned) not another junior footballer loan.
We are not a progressive football club, we're barely a reactive football club.
I don't believe a word that comes out of this club nowadays, and I have been a supporter of the current board for a number of years now.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 01, 2024, 07:24:41 pm by Nudga »

I don't get your point, where did the club say that significant funds were being made available in January?

It was actually said in the summer, and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it said at MTO it was a mid table budget?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on February 01, 2024, 07:28:06 pm by silent majority »

I’m sorry Martin but that is a quite ridiculous reaction to what has unfolded in these last few hours. It’s very well you stating you knew all about it and what it entails but I like the majority on here had not the slightest inclination of this EFL sanction. Maybe if the VSC has given us a heads up rather than we find out via a EFL press release the reaction might not have been so vociferous. Fans are genuinely concerned, just look at the league table, our league status is under serious threat.

The EFL initially said they wouldn't be making any statement, they didn't consider it a serious enough matter. So I'm not sure why the VSC would do so either.

You should all read the ruling, it was quite obvious it was a technical offence brought about by a misreading of the regulation, as soon as the club had it brought to their attention they steeled. It had no detrimental effect on anything.

I don't doubt our situation is serious, we've made our points to the club on numerous occasions, but this is a completely OTT reaction.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 01, 2024, 07:30:13 pm by silent majority »

It was actually said in the summer, and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it said at MTO it was a mid table budget?

Yes in the summer, not January.

And TB actually said top half budget not mid-table. There's a significant difference between the two.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 01, 2024, 07:35:57 pm by pib »
Within the last couple of days, we’ve tried to loan out a promising young player without realising the regulations didn’t allow us to, and have been imposed with transfer restrictions because we haven’t paid our bills to another club.

This is a club that has dropped like a stone to 3rd bottom in the EFL, and is facing the threat of relegation to non-league.

How anybody can see this as not a big deal, or fail to understand why people are concerned, is beyond me. It reeks of incompetence and just adds insult to injury of how the club is performing at the minute.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 01, 2024, 07:37:01 pm by Barmby Rover »
If this is the result of a top 6 budget you have to question where for? Conference North? It certainly has not produced the goods yet. Fingers crossed for Saturday that we are not looking down the barrel of a relegation gun.

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 01, 2024, 07:37:40 pm by Christherover »

Maybe I’ve misremembered what was said at either the meet the owners or in an interview that was published but I’m sure it was mentioned that there would be significant funds in January to strengthen the squad. If I’m wrong then apologies.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012