Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 04:23:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Somebody forgot to press the send button!  (Read 1307 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Somebody forgot to press the send button!
« on February 09, 2024, 11:29:00 am by silent majority »
Incredible!

EFL STATEMENT: BLACKBURN ROVERS

The EFL Board has today upheld the decision of the EFL Executive to reject the application from Blackburn Rovers to register Duncan McGuire on loan from Orlando City.

The EFL initially rejected the request to register the player on the grounds that Blackburn had failed to submit the required paperwork by the 11pm transfer deadline on 1 February 2024 but the Club asked that the Board review that decision.

Blackburn Rovers admitted it did not click to submit the application to the EFL until after the closure of the window as a result of human error but argued that all relevant details had been agreed, signed and uploaded onto the system in advance of 11pm.

Upon comprehensive review of submissions, the Board determined that the upload of documents into a draft application area did not constitute sending documents to the EFL. It also took the decision that it was not prepared to exercise discretion to permit the registration outside of the window as the EFL Executive had correctly interpreted and applied its Regulations and associated Guidance.

Before the matter was considered by the Board, the three Championship Directors and the League Two representative declared an interest and did not participate in vote.

-ENDS-

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Somebody forgot to press the send button!
« Reply #1 on February 09, 2024, 01:08:55 pm by Colin C No.3 »
“Incredible” but unfortunately not unbelievable.

The EFL never ceases to amaze with its decisions.

They’re almost like an institution set up to pull the rug from under the feet of those they are supposed to be representing & appear quite ‘relaxed’ & blasé as clubs in the lower leagues fight for survival.

Welling Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 09, 2024, 02:14:07 pm by Welling Rover »
Can't put the blame on the EFL just because the Blackburn admin cocked it up !!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 02:37:12 pm by Welling Rover »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 09, 2024, 02:28:53 pm by DearneValleyRover »

They’re almost like an institution set up to pull the rug from under the feet of those they are supposed to be representing & appear quite ‘relaxed’ & blasé as clubs in the lower leagues fight for survival.

Lates late, isn’t it. Haven’t our own club just been sanctioned due to late payments caused by an administrative error?

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 09, 2024, 05:13:28 pm by glosterred »

Lates late, isn’t it. Haven’t our own club just been sanctioned due to late payments caused by an administrative error?

Didn’t we (thankfully) miss out on a player due to a paperwork faff?

COYR

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 09, 2024, 05:31:10 pm by ForsolongaRover »
Despite the recent misdemeanours I am not aware that Rovers have tried to excuse themselves with this kind of appeal. Time limits and rules have to be complied with in all aspects of regulated life. I am amazed that SM finds it incredible. Had the Blackburn appeal been sustained I would have imagined he would have found that unbelievable.

The legal danger of extending time limits creates precedents and thereby scope for infinite argument. Often all the evidence lies in the hands of the appellant.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 09, 2024, 05:42:28 pm by 5minstogo »
I don't think we're in a position to judge on this one.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 09, 2024, 06:32:07 pm by NickDRFC »
Glass houses and all that…

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 10, 2024, 10:09:11 am by silent majority »
Despite the recent misdemeanours I am not aware that Rovers have tried to excuse themselves with this kind of appeal. Time limits and rules have to be complied with in all aspects of regulated life. I am amazed that SM finds it incredible. Had the Blackburn appeal been sustained I would have imagined he would have found that unbelievable.

The legal danger of extending time limits creates precedents and thereby scope for infinite argument. Often all the evidence lies in the hands of the appellant.

I find your fascination with what I think rather disturbing!

I didn't actually say what bit I thought was incredible, but go ahead, knock yourself out!

Maybe you'd like to take a look at this one too?

Mr Dai Yongge 

The owner of the Club, Mr Dai Yongge, has today been charged with misconduct for his repeated failures to deposit an amount equal to 125% of the Club’s forecast monthly wage bill in a designated bank account. 

Mr Dai did not meet this month’s deadline, meaning he has been in default for nearly four months and remains in breach of both the first decision (August 2023) and second decision (December 2023) as ordered by the independent Disciplinary Commission.

He has also been charged with bringing the Club and/or League into disrepute as a result of his actions. 

Both charges have been referred to an Independent Disciplinary Commission.   
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:12:21 am by silent majority »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012