Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:01:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question  (Read 630 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Question
« on February 13, 2024, 10:25:29 am by selby »
  If you had a vote in the Rochdale by election, what party would you vote for.
  The Labour party have withdrawn support for their candidate although he is still standing
  Reform
  Conservative
  Liberal
  Green
  and a number of independents are standing
  Your choice and I know it is a tough choice.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 10:39:45 am by selby »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Question
« Reply #1 on February 13, 2024, 11:03:05 am by drfchound »
If the LP candidate were to win would he have to be classed as an independent in Parliament.
It will be interesting to see what the regular Labour voters do, will they tactically vote to stop the Conservative from winning or not bother to vote at all.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 13, 2024, 12:02:15 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Gorgeous George.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 13, 2024, 11:27:08 pm by selby »
  It is a big question for the Labour party, my guess if Azhar Ali wins he will walk from the  Labour Party and become the first MP of the Palestinian support party, and they will stand in certain Labour  constituencies at the general election and take a sizable Islamic vote with them.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 15, 2024, 11:11:17 am by selby »
  I thought Billy, Syd and Kato would have been all over this as it concerns their party.. or is it on certain things silence is golden.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 15, 2024, 11:40:16 am by Not Now Kato »
  I thought Billy, Syd and Kato would have been all over this as it concerns their party.. or is it on certain things silence is golden.

I can't reply for BST, but I don't have a party. I give my support to the party who, IMO based on their manifesto and track record in power/opposition, are likely to be best for the country as a whole - in particular the less well off.

My political standing is that I hate the current first past the post system as it disenfranchises those who do not vote for one of the two main parties.  Effectively, their vote doesn't really count.  I am a firm believer in proportional representation, the only system where every vote counts.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 15, 2024, 11:55:48 am by SydneyRover »

I don't feel the need to defend my position every time you or others throw something new up selby it's well know already. I just want this lousy government out, that you are unable to see the difference between labour and the tories mirrors others on here that can't tell the diff' between politicians. That doesn't seem to me at any rate to make you a good political pundit.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 15, 2024, 12:11:27 pm by selby »
  I don't even aspire or have any ambition at all to be a political pundit of any kind, I leave that to the educated, and go my own way as I am sure the people who know me on here would testify.
  I quite like being thought of as an idiot, it gives you a right advantage in some social and business situations.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 15, 2024, 12:18:42 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
WUMs are just like they say the politicians are. They're all the same.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 15, 2024, 12:28:35 pm by selby »
   Told you, with educated idiots it works hey Glyn.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on February 15, 2024, 01:12:36 pm by Not Now Kato »
  I don't even aspire or have any ambition at all to be a political pundit of any kind, I leave that to the educated, and go my own way as I am sure the people who know me on here would testify.
  I quite like being thought of as an idiot, it gives you a right advantage in some social and business situations.

I worked with a bloke like that once.  Only difference is, HE was!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 15, 2024, 01:46:57 pm by selby »
  And I didn't know how many educated idiots there was Kato

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 15, 2024, 02:41:24 pm by Not Now Kato »
  And I didn't know how many educated idiots there was Kato

He was well educated but you wouldn't have known it selby. I was part of a small group whose task was to evaluate a piece of software that performed psychometric testing. As part of that evaluation we sat the test ourselves along with a number of selected employees.  He was one of those selected. The evaluations were quite revealing and mainly positive, but his said something to the effect of "you should not employ this person".

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 15, 2024, 10:10:00 pm by wilts rover »
  If you had a vote in the Rochdale by election, what party would you vote for.
  The Labour party have withdrawn support for their candidate although he is still standing
  Reform
  Conservative
  Liberal
  Green
  and a number of independents are standing
  Your choice and I know it is a tough choice.

The Green Party candidate has also stood down due to his anti-semitic comments. Before the Labour candidate actually.

Which tells you at lot of things. Not least how the media report transgressions by different parties.

Just going to post on the thread about three Tory GE candidates being investigated and the Mayor being kicked out of the party for anti-semitism. Now where can I find it...

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 15, 2024, 10:45:34 pm by SydneyRover »

You seem to attract a following of like minded people selby

TinyPortal © 2005-2012