Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:57:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster City  (Read 6861 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Doncaster City
« on February 17, 2024, 03:02:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Not sure if people have seen but Doncaster City, Willie McKay's lot have signed Wes Hoolahan, Ross McCormack and Charlie Mulgrew on short term deals yesterday. They play top of the league Dearne and District today, with all 3 starting.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Doncaster City
« Reply #1 on February 17, 2024, 03:11:02 pm by Nudga »
I hope dearne win the league.
Can't stand McKays weird vanity/dodgy project.

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 17, 2024, 03:33:08 pm by The Beast »
Not sure if people have seen but Doncaster City, Willie McKay's lot have signed Wes Hoolahan, Ross McCormack and Charlie Mulgrew on short term deals yesterday. They play top of the league Dearne and District today, with all 3 starting.
Embarrassing! Hope everyone in the Dearne valley shows up and gives them hell!

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 17, 2024, 03:33:47 pm by Christherover »
Rumour has it Mulgrew is getting £3000 for one game. Not sure what the point of it is, they forgot to apply for promotion so they can’t go up anyway.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 17, 2024, 03:53:49 pm by mushRTID »
Weirdos they are.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 17, 2024, 03:56:11 pm by ChrisBx »
Rumour has it Mulgrew is getting £3000 for one game. Not sure what the point of it is, they forgot to apply for promotion so they can’t go up anyway.

Laughable.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 17, 2024, 04:02:18 pm by Bollinger »
I was hoping the Netto brigade would gravitate there. A match made in heaven I’d have thought.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 17, 2024, 04:06:38 pm by Nudga »
I was hoping the Netto brigade would gravitate there. A match made in heaven I’d have thought.

You might not like them (Netto brigade) but was City created in part to destabilise Rovers even more and try and take some of our support?

The Rovers hierarchy need to be aware of this potential situation and get us back challenging.

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 17, 2024, 04:22:09 pm by Bollinger »

You might not like them (Netto brigade) but was City created in part to destabilise Rovers even more and try and take some of our support?

The Rovers hierarchy need to be aware of this potential situation and get us back challenging.

I’ve no idea why Doncaster City were set up. And yes, I don’t like the Netto mob. All six of them.

But you’re right. Get Rovers rolling in the right direction and mcKay’s vanity project or whatever it is becomes irrelevant and the Netto crew put their banners away.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 17, 2024, 05:34:01 pm by Chris Black come back »
Won 3-1 with all the new signings in the starting line up. Crowd was 844 which seems a decent size for that level.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 17, 2024, 05:37:44 pm by drfcsteve »
Really can’t get my head around why they exist

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 17, 2024, 05:38:43 pm by Nudga »
Plus the arrogance in their social media posts is sometimes off charts. Tiny stupid little club but I can't stand them already.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 17, 2024, 05:52:56 pm by TonySoprano »
Won 3-1 with all the new signings in the starting line up. Crowd was 844 which seems a decent size for that level.

wow, that is a good crowd. Im interested in seeing where they draw their support from, im guessing the mongy leeds and wendy fans from donny. 

Christherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on February 17, 2024, 05:53:58 pm by Christherover »

I believe they were 1-0 down when their new signings went off.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 17, 2024, 05:55:31 pm by DonnyOsmond »

I believe they were 1-0 down when their new signings went off.

That's hilarious if they spent crazy sums on them and didn't even need them.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 17, 2024, 05:57:53 pm by Jonathan »

Apparently they support the regime but not the team.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 17, 2024, 06:10:19 pm by jmt23 »
I would say it has to be a worry that they have managed to draw that many fans.
DRFC has to do what ever it can feasibly do to prevent the dodgy ones poke in the rovers eye, from succeeding!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 17, 2024, 06:15:43 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Not being able to get a ticket for the Rovers, I went today, name sort of gives away who I was supporting. Most of the crowd were from the Dearne. As to the four ex professionals who were signed to play the Dearne today they were reportedly payed £3k each, to put that into perspective the Dearne players get £200. That’s the first defeat of the season for Dearne and if they go unbeaten in the remaining games they will win the league.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 17, 2024, 06:24:57 pm by Upton Rover »

wow, that is a good crowd. Im interested in seeing where they draw their support from, im guessing the mongy leeds and wendy fans from donny.
Maybe Leeds fans

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 17, 2024, 06:25:14 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve had a look at this league and there’s some very local derbies Harworth Col, AFC Bentley and  Rossington Main RESERVES, it’s step 11 of the football pyramid. I just think it’s another of McKay’s pie in the ideas, remember that sports village he was going to build at Bawtry, it was supposed to going to be a rival to Bisham Abbey

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 17, 2024, 06:36:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Not being able to get a ticket for the Rovers, I went today, name sort of gives away who I was supporting. Most of the crowd were from the Dearne. As to the four ex professionals who were signed to play the Dearne today they were reportedly payed £3k each, to put that into perspective the Dearne players get £200. That’s the first defeat of the season for Dearne and if they go unbeaten in the remaining games they will win the league.

Did the ex-pros look much better than the other lads?

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 17, 2024, 06:55:30 pm by DearneValleyRover »
McCormack looked like he’d been sponsored by Gregg’s. Mulgrew looked good but didn’t know the others were on the pitch. Dearne should have been out of sight in the first half but for poor finishing. Went 1 up against the run of play to be fair. No idea why the Dearne manager didn’t make subs until they were losing.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 17, 2024, 07:06:46 pm by WheatleyRover »
According to Dearne District they was taking around 200 fans
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 07:10:39 pm by WheatleyRover »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 17, 2024, 07:36:58 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Absolute morons. Going to be ace when they stay in the same league this year hahahaha. Worst place as well to try and get a 2 team city when us (Rovers) are already outnumbered in our own city by Leeds Wednesday Liverpool Man Utd etc

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 17, 2024, 07:52:37 pm by Sammy Chung was King »
Willy Wonka’s chocolate eleven. There has to be a money angle to this.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 08:11:48 pm by Sammy Chung was King »

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 17, 2024, 08:22:09 pm by DearneValleyRover »
There were more than that, in fact there were more Dearne than Donny

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 17, 2024, 08:40:58 pm by WheatleyRover »
Just seen the highlights. Seem to be Dearne fans in one section near the entrance. Seem's pretty even to me.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 17, 2024, 09:01:11 pm by scawsby steve »
There were more than that, in fact there were more Dearne than Donny

I'm not saying you're wrong, DVR, but that would suggest about 500 from Dearne. If so, that would be astounding for an 11th tier team, even at home let alone away.

I watched Frickley on and off for years in the Northern Premier League, and whilst they got decent crowds in FA Cup games, they rarely got above 200 or so for league games.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 17, 2024, 09:03:52 pm by WheatleyRover »
There might have been Wellie fans there as well as other neutrals.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 17, 2024, 09:06:51 pm by DearneValleyRover »
The Dearne is quite a large area and people around there are supportive, the owner wants them to be in L2 in 10 years, lots of youngsters and youth teams too. I live about 10 minutes walk from the ground. It was an enjoyable afternoon especially as my phone kept pinging with Rovers goals

TinyPortal © 2005-2012