Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:17:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gillingham away.  (Read 3771 times)

andysly

• VSC Member
Re: Gillingham away.
« Reply #30 on February 27, 2024, 06:42:41 pm by andysly »
Just looked back to my one trip to Gills.
November’82 for a 1-1 draw.
My God, 41+ years ago

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 27, 2024, 07:14:40 pm by Spud »
I've never seen us lose there.

EpsTheMightyReds

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 27, 2024, 07:25:15 pm by EpsTheMightyReds »
My memory is shocking, it really does amaze me the level of recall some posters on here have. I’ve been once, on one of our weekend trips away. A few things that I can remember
It must have been mid 80’s
For some reason we stayed at Margate and it was cold and miserable and possibly one of our worst nights out.
We lost the game, no idea what the score was but don’t recall the fog.
The only memory I have (and I could be wrong) is that the home and away fans were mixed.
I do have some great memories of some of our weekends away, this definitely isn’t one of them

andysly

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 27, 2024, 08:25:38 pm by andysly »
I also remember being amongst a few Gillingham fans

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 27, 2024, 11:17:01 pm by StocktonRover »
I remember going on a coach from the peacock in Stainy run by the “Stainy mafia”.
Coach was full going but only had about 8 on for the journey back.
That was a lively day

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on March 02, 2024, 06:43:39 am by richtherover »
Been to Gillingham twice. Horrible place. First time was 73ish and we got hammered 5-1. Second time was May 11th 1985. We lost 2-1. I remember the date clearly as it was the day of the fire at Valley Parade. RIP all those who perished.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on March 02, 2024, 07:14:45 am by graingrover »
I was thinking of going to this last game of the season if someone could pick me up off the Calais ferry and drive me back to Dover It’s the sort of trip we ‘out of towners  ‘ get up to lol !
It raises a smile when I hear commentators say ‘and the Doncaster fans have made the difficult journey from South Yorkshire today …when half of them travel from much further afield including Scotland , Ireland and Jersey .
I would be interested to see a list of towns and cities that our fans actually travel from ,for  home and away games .
« Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 07:17:30 am by graingrover »

Bollinger

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on March 02, 2024, 08:18:16 am by Bollinger »
I was thinking of going to this last game of the season if someone could pick me up off the Calais ferry and drive me back to Dover It’s the sort of trip we ‘out of towners  ‘ get up to lol !
It raises a smile when I hear commentators say ‘and the Doncaster fans have made the difficult journey from South Yorkshire today …when half of them travel from much further afield including Scotland , Ireland and Jersey .
I would be interested to see a list of towns and cities that our fans actually travel from ,for  home and away games .

FYI I’m near Cambridge and care share from time to time with people from Hertford and Newmarket. Over the years have bumped into fellow travellers en route. A surprisingly large number from Ipswich, Diss and Norwich. Lots of Donny people down in those parts working in the universities and various research institutes it seems.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on March 02, 2024, 12:09:34 pm by Petche »
I travel from Bridlington (when I can).

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on March 02, 2024, 01:02:47 pm by graingrover »
Another of my brothers lives in Brid and travels to all home games and drives there and back ..if you are interested PM me and I will give you his ID on here .

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on March 17, 2024, 10:41:14 am by Draytonian III »
I heard rumours yesterday at Swindon that the kick off has brought forward for the Gillingham match to 12.30 , anyone else heard anything

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on March 17, 2024, 12:10:50 pm by Jonathan »

Can’t help with the travel but would be good to see you there if you’re going, Brian.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on March 17, 2024, 12:54:14 pm by Campsall rover »
I heard rumours yesterday at Swindon that the kick off has brought forward for the Gillingham match to 12.30 , anyone else heard anything
Nothing confirmed for last match.
Could be  12.30, 3.00 or 5.00 or other various times. It depends on what Sky TV want as always.

If it’s the early time then it’s a 6.00 journey start time on the coach.
If we win next 8 games then it could be a shoot out game for 7th place.  We would take over 1.000 fans wouldn’t we.
That’s IF we won the next 8 games. Yes i know it won’t happen. OR WILL IT?  No don’t be silly it can’t can it.? OR COULD IT HAPPEN?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on March 17, 2024, 01:43:45 pm by Filo »
I remember going on a coach from the peacock in Stainy run by the “Stainy mafia”.
Coach was full going but only had about 8 on for the journey back.
That was a lively day

I was on that coach, there were about 10 arrested, I had a scuffle on the coach with one of ours, there were a few other scuffles on the coach down as well, we had the off licence open up on Princess Avenue early so we could stock up on booze, toilet on the coach was soon full and sloshing around, it was mental from start to finish

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on March 20, 2024, 02:56:06 pm by Draytonian III »
I’ve had an email from the EFL saying that the last games of the season are going to be on the original time and date

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on March 20, 2024, 03:45:36 pm by tommy toes »
I went in 19 nought blob.
We got all the way there and the game was called off.
Anyone remember the year?
1971 or 2 maybe.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on March 21, 2024, 08:52:38 am by IDM »

All the final day fixtures in the division KO at the same time.  I understand it’s going to be 3pm on the regular Saturday for league 2.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on March 21, 2024, 09:09:56 am by NickDRFC »

All the final day fixtures in the division KO at the same time.  I understand it’s going to be 3pm on the regular Saturday for league 2.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=290443.0

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on March 21, 2024, 12:47:37 pm by Draytonian III »

If you look a couple of posts higher than this you’ll see that the EFL had sent me an email concerning the kick off times

TinyPortal © 2005-2012