Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:15:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League one  (Read 1115 times)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
League one
« on February 26, 2024, 02:28:58 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Watched some of the league one highlights last night. I was quite surprised at the difference in standard of football, both collectively and that of individuals. We have got a loooonnnng way to go to be top half of league one, even surviving league one. Staying where we are this season might actually be a blessing in disguise.

No29 at Port Vale - James Wilson. What a player he looked, and that's in a side losing 2.0 that might be heading to play us next yr.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Prez

• VSC Member
Re: League one
« Reply #1 on February 26, 2024, 02:36:15 pm by Prez »
Thing is it’s just that. The highlights. Anyone see Forest Greens winner at the weekend? Great passing move and strike, yet they are probably gonna go down. Generally speaking our games against higher opposition in the cups this season, we have performed very well. Everton, Hull, Posh etc.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 26, 2024, 02:44:24 pm by CJK »
And did anyone see Jordy Hiwula's miss for Morecambe? He's still got it.

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 26, 2024, 03:19:35 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Thing is it’s just that. The highlights. Anyone see Forest Greens winner at the weekend? Great passing move and strike, yet they are probably gonna go down. Generally speaking our games against higher opposition in the cups this season, we have performed very well. Everton, Hull, Posh etc.

Yeah, both fair points, agree

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 28, 2024, 07:36:15 pm by tyke1962 »
In my opinion the league has changed from 2018/19 when Rovers made the Play Off 's and we got automatic promotion under Daniel Stendel .

I thought personally at the time that it was a tough league with no real easy games and the team we had back then was considerably better than we've had last season and the current one , it needed to be .

League One since we've dropped down from the championship hasn't the same quality from 7th or 8th down , there really is some rubbish the lower you go .

However .

The top 7 are significantly better than the rest and I do mean significantly better and this is where the difficulty is in getting promoted .

We've only lost two games out of the last 23 and only lost one away game all season and only now have we put ourselves in a position to challenge the top two , we had some pretty decent results go our way last night which is always welcome .

If Rovers come up next season I don't see the league changing too much , a few additions and you should consolidate pretty easily .

Challenging the top six is perhaps another debate .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012