Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 10:50:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Dutch Invasion  (Read 1818 times)

DonnyAps

• Forum Member
Dutch Invasion
« on February 27, 2024, 06:31:06 pm by DonnyAps »
Just seen that Dirk Kuyt, Dennis Bergkamp, Henrik Larson and Ronald Koeman are wanting to buy an English League 1 or 2 club.
Larson to be head coach, Bergkamp to run the academy and Koeman to be involved in another role.
Would we be worth a punt?
Would we want them?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Dutch Invasion
« Reply #1 on February 27, 2024, 06:34:21 pm by Branton Rover »
I thought Larson was Swedish

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 27, 2024, 06:34:56 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Nah McCann is the man to take us back to league 1

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 27, 2024, 06:37:29 pm by Chris Black come back »
Henrik Larsson is Swedish (106 caps, 37 goals). Although he played at Feyenoord from 1993-1997.

ScillyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 27, 2024, 06:40:54 pm by ScillyRover »
We’d probably end up with a team of Clog -gers

DonnyAps

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 27, 2024, 06:42:45 pm by DonnyAps »
Forgot Larson was Swedish doh!!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on February 27, 2024, 06:53:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm half expecting a punchline.

Depends what their overall objectives are and what sort of money they are intending to invest.

Why English League One or Two and not a Dutch club with potential?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 27, 2024, 08:05:03 pm by drfchound »
Bigger rewards for getting to the PL instead of the Dutch top division maybe?

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on February 27, 2024, 08:36:49 pm by LincsRover »
I'm half expecting a punchline.

Depends what their overall objectives are and what sort of money they are intending to invest.

“I'm half expecting a punchline”.

Why English League One or Two and not a Dutch club with potential?

3 Dutchmen and a swede walked into the crown hotel in bawtry………..

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 27, 2024, 08:40:40 pm by Branton Rover »
Just watched Simon Jordan on talksport on about Salford City FC and the class of ‘92 owners who are appealing for additional investment - Jordan said former players like that never like digging into their own pockets & want others to do it on their behalf. It’s a no thank you from me

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 28, 2024, 11:10:59 am by TonySoprano »
This might surprise some, but I'd rather stick with the current lot .

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 28, 2024, 12:35:16 pm by colincramb »
Just watched Simon Jordan on talksport on about Salford City FC and the class of ‘92 owners who are appealing for additional investment - Jordan said former players like that never like digging into their own pockets & want others to do it on their behalf. It’s a no thank you from me

Their venture looks to be running out of steam. Lose tons of money every year and are now further than ever from the playoff in this league, alongside shrinking attendances. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them back in the NL in the next 3 years.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 28, 2024, 12:52:28 pm by Campsall rover »

Their venture looks to be running out of steam. Lose tons of money every year and are now further than ever from the playoff in this league, alongside shrinking attendances. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them back in the NL in the next 3 years.
Their attendances have never got gone above 3.000 except when there has been a big away following.
They probably ave around 2.200 home fans since they got into league 2

This must be costing Neville & Co a fortune.  It’s not a venture that’s going anywhere imo
Oh well it is going somewhere because they will end up back in non league within the next 2 yrs unless they get a very wealthy benefactor very soon.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 28, 2024, 04:51:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Their attendances have never got gone above 3.000 except when there has been a big away following.

This must be costing Neville & Co a fortune.  It’s not a venture that’s going anywhere imo
Oh well it is going somewhere because they will end up back in non league within the next 2 yrs unless they get a very wealthy benefactor very soon.

Whilst inviting further investment, they still want to retain control of the club, so that may put off any potential investors.

Meanwhile, just seen the article about the Dutch Invastion.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/26225009/bergkamp-kuyt-larsson-english-football-club-takeover/

Looks like they're already chosen the club, with the article suggesting it might be Bolton.  I can't see it being them as the consortium who rescued Bolton with two £20m loans are attracting other interest but, money ralks afterall.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 28, 2024, 05:49:38 pm by Donnywolf »
No , this one's made up , it's from Nether Nether Land for sure

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 28, 2024, 06:45:14 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Yeah don’t see how a owner/manager is a good idea

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 28, 2024, 06:58:04 pm by Draytonian III »
When you get ex players involved in clubs above the role of manager they tend to interfere more than they should, trying to pick teams,transfers,changing staff etc. The better the player the more frustrated they get and those mentioned were all class players, including Keoman who cost Graham Taylor his England job

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 28, 2024, 07:19:21 pm by scawsby steve »

They've already got a very wealthy benefactor, Camps; Peter Lim, a Singaporean billionaire. He owns 40% of the club. He used to own 50%, but sold 10% to David Beckham.

I would imagine he'd put more in if needed.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 29, 2024, 07:58:38 am by DonnyOsmond »

Yeah, can understand why they chose Salford but there was always going to be a ceiling for them. The guys picking Wrexham was a smart choice though, already a decent size club with a decent catchment area to grow attendances to help support the investment.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012