Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:53:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Whining Alexander  (Read 5364 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Whining Alexander
« on March 06, 2024, 06:24:06 pm by PDX_Rover »
Wah wah wahhhh. Kitson.

Bantams boss Graham Alexander blasts referee Leigh Doughty

12 hrs ago

By Simon Parker

GRAHAM Alexander slammed referee Leigh Doughty’s display after claiming Doncaster’s time-wasting tactics “took the game back 15 years”.

Blackpool official Doughty booked nine players and both managers in last night's 1-1 draw at Valley Parade.

And the City chief claimed Sam Stubbs was yellow-carded for being elbowed in the face.

Alexander said he was booked for “sarcasm” for his reaction to Doncaster keeper Thimothee Lo-Tutala’s yellow card in stoppage time.

“It was like the game went back 15 years with all that time-wasting,” he said. “The amount of free-kicks that were given against us for nothing but they just fell on the ball and he gave it.

“Our centre half Sam Stubbs got booked for being elbowed in the face. (It was) unbelievable.

“The keeper played like one I played with 20 years ago, time-wasting on every opportunity. Then he gets booked with 15 seconds to go, ‘come on’.

“The fourth official could see what the keeper was doing and said they were going to deal with it.

“I just said to him, ‘don’t let it be a booking in the last 15 seconds’. Lo and behold it was a booking in the last 15 seconds.”

Doughty booked six players and McCann before half-time. Alexander thought the referee had backed himself into a corner by going to his pocket too early.

“I thought the bar for yellow cards was set really low and the ref gave himself too tough a task.

“He set the standard for the rest of the night with a couple of early ones.”

Alexander also felt that Doncaster were allowed to continually slow the game down – something that refereeing authorities had promised to crackdown on this year.

“We were given really stringent directives at the start of the season with examples that this wouldn’t go on anymore in football.

“But that was a game I haven’t seen for a long time. It was quite extreme on that side of it.

“That wasn’t anything to do with our performance in the first half. That had no bearing on it.

“You have to understand the conditions of the game and play accordingly.

“What you don’t want to do is give away a poor goal to the away team and allow that to manifest itself.”

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
Re: Whining Alexander
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2024, 06:53:49 pm by Nudga »
I'm starting to really hate Bradford.

Has Alexender forgotten about the gbh incidents in the BSM Trophy

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 06, 2024, 06:58:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There were only two bad fouls in the whole match. Both from Bradford. Neither got a card.

So he can go f**k himself.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 06, 2024, 07:09:21 pm by Branton Red »
Whereas in the JPT game the referee was overly lenient, allowing Bradford to undertake their preferred hard tackling (or should that be hard fouling?) approach on a terrible pitch resulting in 3 Rovers players getting seriously injured.

Which as a team is tactically the only approach they've got - using their physicality - as there is no class or quality about them whatsoever.

The referee may have been overly quick with the cards last night but that worked in Rovers favour given the opponent and the conditions.

Or conversely a stricter ref worked against Bradford's preferred bully boy tactics.

And THAT is the REAL reason Alexander is whining so pathetically.

ss1953

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 06, 2024, 07:10:30 pm by ss1953 »
The only thing that slowed the game down was their c**p pitch

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 06, 2024, 07:16:56 pm by Donnywolf »
There were only two bad fouls in the whole match. Both from Bradford. Neither got a card.

Did you include the late lunge on Tom A by bully boy Cook in that ?

Even their Commentators said "Yellow all day long in context of this game"

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 06, 2024, 08:01:46 pm by Plumbster »
That’s hilarious- he manages a group of thugs playing caveman football and it’s us that are playing in the past haha

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 06, 2024, 08:04:06 pm by Draytonian III »

Well said that man

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 06, 2024, 08:19:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Lost all respect for Alexander now.

Bradford are one of the most physical teams in League 2.
If Cook gets as good as he gives which happened last night then they are screwed.
Don’t like receiving a bit of their own medicine so Alexander starts squealing like a baby.

Get a grip man. Pathetic.

Oh if you think we were time wasting what about Gillingham at the Eco and we have had a few others as bad.
Yes our keeper milked it as much as he could and I don’t like it to be honest but every team does it. We were no worse than anyone else.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 08:37:37 pm by Campsall rover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 06, 2024, 08:25:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Did you include the late lunge on Tom A by bully boy Cook in that ?

Even their Commentators said "Yellow all day long in context of this game"

Yep, that was one. The worst sort of coward foul. Can easily result in a very bad injury for the opponent and puts you at zero risk.

The other was when their lad Kavanagh knew he wasn't going to get remotely close to competing for a header in the centre circle, and just dived into the Rovers player's back (Craig? Biggins? I don't recall.)

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 06, 2024, 08:49:03 pm by karldew »
“took the game back 15 years”. 

At least we only took it back 15 and they took it back 30+ with that pitch

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 06, 2024, 08:56:33 pm by Campsall rover »

50 yrs at least Karldew.   :that:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 06, 2024, 08:56:49 pm by roversdude »
Quite liked him before but what a whinging git

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 06, 2024, 09:06:28 pm by Lesonthewest »
What an absolute dick, we had more energy, by far the better footballing side, & matched them up physically, he ought to think himself lucky they got away with a point. Jog on idiot.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 06, 2024, 09:23:36 pm by MachoMadness »

You're being generous, I was thinking we'd gone back to a medieval turnip field myself.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 06, 2024, 09:49:49 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Pot calling kettle given his style of management, even the Bradford fans can’t stand him, they’d rather have Hughes back, tells you everything really

redarmi66

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on March 06, 2024, 10:07:37 pm by redarmi66 »
Outplayed at home. Pinched a point they didn’t deserve. Comments from a man under pressure.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on March 07, 2024, 08:00:17 am by Draytonian III »
He’s one of those managers who always seems to get a job but never seems to very successful, one promotion in 12 years, I think I could do that

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 07, 2024, 08:53:56 am by ncRover »
I’m delighted we’ve developed a bit of shithousery. We have been too nice for too long.
We have had our “it’s got to get worse before it gets better” phase.

I’m also delighted that for the first time at this level we haven’t gone in to a Bradford fixture with a sense of an inferiority complex as a team and club.

We will get promoted before them. They will keep looking for short fixes while clinging to a sense of entitlement that they are “too big” to be playing at this level. Reminds me of Man United.

Perhaps Alexander is a bit tetchy over the fact that MK Dons have gone from 16th to challenging for autos since they dismissed him. Meanwhile Attendance FC face a sixth consecutive season at this level.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 08:59:41 am by ncRover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 07, 2024, 09:01:11 am by idler »
We didn’t do anything that they didn’t or wouldn’t have if they had taken the lead.
The ref also booked one of their players for an almost identical challenge in almost exactly the same place as Carty was taken out in the cup game there.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 07, 2024, 09:07:13 am by Pancho Regan »

I’m also delighted that for the first time at this level we haven’t gone in to a Bradford fixture with a sense of an inferiority complex as a team and club.

Agree totally ncRover. I've never felt as relaxed at Bradford City as I did on Tuesday night.

Alexander's whining smacks of desperation and it's not a good look.

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 07, 2024, 09:28:49 am by Avsuptem »
A word in defence of the ref v Bradford. Maybe he started flashing his yellow ones good and early & for minor perfidy in order to prevent the usual Bradford brutality as seen in our previous game against them. In which case Mr A has no right to complain about it, he can blame his sad sorry self.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 07, 2024, 09:39:26 am by silent majority »
Have I got this right?

He’s complaining that the referee was too strict and too quick when issuing yellow cards apart from the one to our goalkeeper when it was only issued in the last 15 seconds?

Which one is it, too quick or too lenient?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 07, 2024, 10:17:26 am by Bentley Bullet »
The problem with blokes like him is they besmirch football by showing that having football knowledge doesn't mean you're not as thick as pig shit in general.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 10:19:45 am by Bentley Bullet »

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 07, 2024, 11:33:53 am by pib »
The ref was shocking to be fair. But not in the sense that he gave everything to us, in the sense that he made a rod for his own back by handing out cautions like confetti for regulation fouls.

We did waste time a little bit towards the end, and we did win a few soft fouls, but we got absolutely clattered quite a few times where the punishment for their players could've been more severe. Is Alexander also trying to claim that his side wouldn't be running down the clock and trying to buy cheap free-kicks if they were 1-0 up away from home? It's a frustrating side of the game but every side does it. There are quite a few that do it much more than we do.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 07, 2024, 12:41:44 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

You're being generous, I was thinking we'd gone back to a medieval turnip field myself.

52 years to be exact 

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=hereford+v+newcastle&mid=A670AD7F2CE5D06368ADA670AD7F2CE5D06368AD&FORM=VIRE

Seriously Clough used to get the firbrigade to put water on the pitch at the Baseball ground

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 07, 2024, 07:55:46 pm by roversdude »
The ref was shocking to be fair. But not in the sense that he gave everything to us, in the sense that he made a rod for his own back by handing out cautions like confetti for regulation fouls.

We did waste time a little bit towards the end, and we did win a few soft fouls, but we got absolutely clattered quite a few times where the punishment for their players could've been more severe. Is Alexander also trying to claim that his side wouldn't be running down the clock and trying to buy cheap free-kicks if they were 1-0 up away from home? It's a frustrating side of the game but every side does it. There are quite a few that do it much more than we do.
At our home game they were falling over with every strong breeze-can’t say I like it but it’s part of football. Sorry realised I loved it on Tuesday pity we couldn’t hold out

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 07, 2024, 09:33:41 pm by PDX_Rover »
You know. The time wasting wasn’t that bad. I’ve seen way way worse by others at the KMS/EPS

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 07, 2024, 10:54:08 pm by Move DRFC »
I'm starting to really hate Bradford.

Has Alexender forgotten about the gbh incidents in the BSM Trophy

Me too. Let's enjoy it. Good to have a local rivalry with a bit of hatred. They're a really dislikable bunch.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on March 07, 2024, 11:19:24 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I got hit on the head with an old penny thrown by a Bratfud fan at Valley Parade back in the '60s. Not a modern poncy penny, one of the old types about the size of a George Cross medal.

After that, I disliked that club with a passion, and that hatred only eased off following the fire in 1985.

Comments like Graham Alexander's who really should know better, but doesn't, make me feel like renewing my dislike of the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012