Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:16:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour have played a blinder  (Read 592 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Labour have played a blinder
« Reply #1 on March 06, 2024, 10:07:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Been saying for years it's not the Opposition's job to win an election.

Their job is not to get in the way of the Government losing an Election.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 07, 2024, 07:37:16 am by Donnywolf »
Yes , wasn't it Napoleon who said , never interrupt your enemy when they / he are making a mistake?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 07, 2024, 11:34:14 am by ravenrover »
So what have they done to "play a blinder"?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 07, 2024, 12:24:47 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Assuming we have had 14 years of trash Tory Govt

i just luv it when Labour mentions it ... 14 years

my response being modest would to say it's just continuining the last 2 years ( being modest)of trash Labour Govt

In that case why did Labour lose that election ?

these people (both parties) DCAT Don't Care A Toss about the people - full stop

YOU MAY WONDER WHY SO MANY mp's Are Lawyers

They do what it says on the tin "argue for things they don't believe in" ( except increasing their bank balance -claim every penny avilable on expenses etc) that is the job of a Lawyer
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 12:28:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 07, 2024, 12:28:07 pm by selby »
  Labour have done well commenting on the tory policies without actually coming out with alternatives and how they will alter things . Eventually before the election they are going to have to in their manifesto, and the later notice the Tories give for the date of the election, the more gravitas their criticism of that manifesto is going to have, and the less time labour are going to have to defend it when the publics perception of the manifesto will be at it's highest.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 07, 2024, 12:31:41 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Good question, long term they'll be judged on what they do.  If the goal is only to get power at all costs then fine they have played it well.  But there's a hell of a lot of people expecting them to make the country infinitely better (many of our posters here seem to think they can do everything brilliantly).  They'll be expectation managing from now I expect because that's not realistic particularly when the next war, virus or macroeconomic event arises.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 07, 2024, 12:38:25 pm by SydneyRover »

Good question, long term they'll be judged on what they do.  If the goal is only to get power at all costs then fine they have played it well.  But there's a hell of a lot of people expecting them to make the country infinitely better (many of our posters here seem to think they can do everything brilliantly). They'll be expectation managing from now I expect because that's not realistic particularly when the next war, virus or macroeconomic event arises.

That's the second time you've used that phrase pud, surely you can use the word search and show who they are?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 07, 2024, 12:44:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Good question, long term they'll be judged on what they do.  If the goal is only to get power at all costs then fine they have played it well.  But there's a hell of a lot of people expecting them to make the country infinitely better (many of our posters here seem to think they can do everything brilliantly). They'll be expectation managing from now I expect because that's not realistic particularly when the next war, virus or macroeconomic event arises.

That's the second time you've used that phrase pud, surely you can use the word search and show who they are?

I'm sure you can manage it for yourself chap, back to work for me!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 07, 2024, 12:46:53 pm by SydneyRover »

I'm sure you can manage it for yourself chap, back to work for me!

I'm calling it bullshit, pud

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 07, 2024, 01:22:27 pm by selby »
  Reform's manifesto will be the most interesting, send boat people back to France, stop supporting the Green agenda, 20p a litre off fuel duty, and scrap the ULEZ scheme.
  Looks a vote winner to me.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 07, 2024, 08:41:52 pm by drfchound »

That search bar doesn’t always give the info you are craving Syd.
There are lots of words that people use regularly and if you type them in, many only show a very few occasions (when you know full well they are used all the time) or they don’t show any use of them at all.
It would be mendacious to suggest the search bar puts up all the times that a word has been used.
Try typing in, say a random word like Sue, and see how many times it has been used recently.   :silly:

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 07, 2024, 10:25:42 pm by scawsby steve »

That search bar doesn’t always give the info you are craving Syd.
There are lots of words that people use regularly and if you type them in, many only show a very few occasions (when you know full well they are used all the time) or they don’t show any use of them at all.
It would be mendacious to suggest the search bar puts up all the times that a word has been used.
Try typing in, say a random word like Sue, and see how many times it has been used recently.   :silly:

Rita, Sue, and Sydney too?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 07, 2024, 10:32:14 pm by SydneyRover »
this should work for you steve

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 08, 2024, 06:42:27 pm by SydneyRover »
''Rishi Sunak’s report finds low-traffic neighbourhoods work and are popular
Exclusive: Downing Street initially buried study, which Tories had hoped would strengthen arguments against traffic-reducing measures''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/mar/08/low-traffic-neighbourhoods-generally-popular-report-ordered-by-sunak-finds

hmmm

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 14, 2024, 07:08:11 pm by roverstillidie91 »
  Reform's manifesto will be the most interesting, send boat people back to France, stop supporting the Green agenda, 20p a litre off fuel duty, and scrap the ULEZ scheme.
  Looks a vote winner to me.
They are part of the establishment. Run my millionaires. Constituents will no doubt be fooled. It just keeps Labour and Tories at the top table.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012