Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:07:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Molyneux  (Read 6410 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Molyneux
« Reply #60 on March 12, 2024, 04:40:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Before the start of the season, I took an opportunity to ask Moly what differences there were in the camp now that GM had arrived.

Obviously he was bound to give a positive response, but he genuinely felt that last season he was at times frustrated and confused about his role in the team. He said there was quite a negative approach and that he didn't feel encouraged to play with freedom and take the game to the opposition.
"We started every game with a point and holding onto that point was a priority" he said, or words to that effect.

I do remember him on several occasions playing very deep and looking quite lost last season.
So I do think this season's more positive style under GM has benefited Moly a great deal.
They were all confused under Schofield. So what you posted about what Molly told you sounds exactly as I saw it on the pitch.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spud

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on March 12, 2024, 05:23:48 pm by Spud »
Before the start of the season, I took an opportunity to ask Moly what differences there were in the camp now that GM had arrived.

Obviously he was bound to give a positive response, but he genuinely felt that last season he was at times frustrated and confused about his role in the team. He said there was quite a negative approach and that he didn't feel encouraged to play with freedom and take the game to the opposition.
"We started every game with a point and holding onto that point was a priority" he said, or words to that effect.

I do remember him on several occasions playing very deep and looking quite lost last season.
So I do think this season's more positive style under GM has benefited Moly a great deal.
They were all confused under Schofield. So what you posted about what Molly told you sounds exactly as I saw it on the pitch.

I've mentioned it on here before, but I remember one of DS' first games here, maybe the first. We got beat 0-1 at home by Stevenage, who were near the top at the time. Despite the result we were brilliant that night, Moly ran em ragged too. Looking back I'm sure the players were just sent out to play, before all that attacking nonsense was coached out of em.

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 12, 2024, 10:14:42 pm by Plumbster »
Molly is a bit hit and miss, and tends to leave us exposed when he loses possession, but imo we are more threatening when he is in the team. He’s far more effective than Hurst for instance who a lot of people seem to rave about.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 12, 2024, 10:19:09 pm by drfchound »
IMO, Moly is also very good defensively as well as offensively.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on March 12, 2024, 10:22:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Molly is a bit hit and miss, and tends to leave us exposed when he loses possession, but imo we are more threatening when he is in the team. He’s far more effective than Hurst for instance who a lot of people seem to rave about.
Not heard anyone raving about Hurst this season. Last season yes at times he was a match winner.
He hasn’t rekindled the spark since his injury. How he missed that chance on Saturday I will never know.
Last season he would have scored that with his eyes closed.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on March 12, 2024, 10:30:19 pm by Colin C No.3 »
He’s had little game time after coming back from injury.

I was amazed too that he didn’t bury his chance on Saturday but he scored a ‘typical Kyle’ opportunity against Walsall to equalise at 1-1.

He needs games as Biggins has been afforded.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 14, 2024, 07:02:32 am by dickos1 »
Can’t believe some folk are saying release westbrooke and molyneux.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 14, 2024, 07:37:27 am by Spilsby Red »
I agree. Keep them both. Moly for me is a good player. Still young. Gives his all. Not the finished article. Let’s sign him up and make him a great player. Massively improved over the season. At least a 2 year contract for me.
Westbrooke deserves at least a one year contract. Has shown how positive we are when he plays.
I would keep Hurst. Has shown flashes of brilliance. Sure he is capable of more.
Biggins I would keep to. Has cemented his place now and it shows in his confidence and play.
Sign the lad from Lincoln and give Max a one year to.
Rowe, thanks for the service over two periods. Doesn’t really bring much now. More of a liability with giving fouls away. Taylor, sorry but needs to be released. 
Maxwell. Sign, 2 years. Another good player that could become a great player.

Grant has turned a corner, playing a regular side, the players look more relaxed and happy.
Yes we will lose some games, it happens but they are showing fight and spirit.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on March 14, 2024, 08:26:17 am by drfchound »
Good comments there Spilsby.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 14, 2024, 08:31:52 am by andy didcott »
Look more likely to score when he’s playing.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 14, 2024, 08:43:56 am by Chris Black come back »
McCann says he wants two players for each position. If everyone accepts Rowe and Taylor are going, and Adelakun is on loan. That leaves us only with Hurst as a contracted wide player next season, as it stands. We need to find three others.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 14, 2024, 08:46:13 am by StocktonRover »
I watch Moly and think back to a young Coppinger who displayed all of the skills and ability but was hit and miss with his end product - he didn't turn out too bad did he).

I think Moly has the same if not better potential that needs nurturing and continued development (I'm sure Copps will be passing on his learnings).

Without him in the side we struggle to unlock defences and he's chipping in with some great goals and more consistent final ball now he's got some better players around him as well.

There's no way we shouldn't be offering him a contract, whether he accepts it or gets a better offer elsewhere is another matter.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on March 14, 2024, 09:26:34 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I think the thing Moly needs to work on is looking up and increasing his awareness and vision. Up to recently, he's been predominatly head down with premeditated decision making with trying to get shots off or percentage crosses.

Copps was blessed with more allround vision and awareness, backed by his great skill bringing others into play resulting in better decision making.

Whilst I don't think Molly can reach those heights, he has potential to improve to increase his strike rate and assists.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on March 14, 2024, 10:56:34 am by drfchound »
I think the thing Moly needs to work on is looking up and increasing his awareness and vision. Up to recently, he's been predominatly head down with premeditated decision making with trying to get shots off or percentage crosses.

Copps was blessed with more allround vision and awareness, backed by his great skill bringing others into play resulting in better decision making.

Whilst I don't think Molly can reach those heights, he has potential to improve to increase his strike rate and assists.

All the best players play with their head up.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 18, 2024, 01:04:35 pm by MachoMadness »
I'm not ITK with the club or anything, but I know someone who works with a childhood friend of Moly's.

Today they've told me he's been offered a contract, but Moly isn't sure whether he's going to accept and he has some interest from Australia.

Take it with all the usual pinches of salt you need.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 18, 2024, 01:39:50 pm by GazLaz »
I'm not ITK with the club or anything, but I know someone who works with a childhood friend of Moly's.

Today they've told me he's been offered a contract, but Moly isn't sure whether he's going to accept and he has some interest from Australia.

Take it with all the usual pinches of salt you need.

He’d be great in the A-League. Perfect for his style.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on March 18, 2024, 01:51:34 pm by Chris Black come back »
If he could get a decent deal there, that’s an amazing lifestyle change. Not sure of wage structure but he’s probably not going to earn much more than we would be offering but living over there would be the real draw. A League seems to be getting stronger each year as well. Feels like top end League One level? That’s a step up for him.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 18, 2024, 03:00:40 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
There’s no Sal down under.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 18, 2024, 03:35:33 pm by Campsall rover »
If he could get a decent deal there, that’s an amazing lifestyle change. Not sure of wage structure but he’s probably not going to earn much more than we would be offering but living over there would be the real draw. A League seems to be getting stronger each year as well. Feels like top end League One level? That’s a step up for him.
I really hope he stays with us. Think the best is yet to come from him and GM is tge man to unleash that potential in him imo.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 18, 2024, 10:00:08 pm by dknward2 »
Spending another season with us could mean he gets a championship team the year after and be on 3 times on what he's on now

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on March 18, 2024, 10:06:01 pm by Nudga »
I bet it's schofields outfit.

Macho madness, is it you with the secret Rovers spy account on twitter?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on March 18, 2024, 10:37:25 pm by Colin C No.3 »
If all I’m ‘hearing’ from the forum is correct, then I think it’s a case of Grant ‘selling’ the clubs future ambitions & where he sees Moly being a big part of that to him vs the draw of a new life ‘down under’.

You only get so many chances, if you’re good enough, to ply your trade as a professional footballer in fields that those skills you possess entices life changing opportunities elsewhere.

Good luck to anyone who has worn or is currently wearing Rovers colours, who feels the need to grasp that moment when offered, in a chance to give them & their family a very different but exciting new life.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on March 18, 2024, 11:09:11 pm by MachoMadness »
Nope, as I said I'm not itk with anyone at the club at all like some on there seem to be. Just sharing what I've been told, have no way to know how accurate it is.

Didn't realise Schofield was down there. Assistant at Central Coast Mariners, apparently. 2nd in the A-League.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 19, 2024, 07:05:40 am by 5minstogo »
He'd be mad not to go to Oz if he's got an opportunity.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on March 19, 2024, 10:18:36 am by idler »
He'd be mad not to go to Oz if he's got an opportunity.
As long as he is nowhere near Sydney. ;)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on March 19, 2024, 11:17:09 am by graingrover »
I agree that GM’s talk of Championship ambition can be a powerful motivator for players having to decide where to play next season .I think that GM himself has  been fired in turn by TB’s own declaration of ambition .

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 19, 2024, 01:21:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
I’d loved to be a fly on the wall in GM’s recent meeting with both TB and GB!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 19, 2024, 08:50:33 pm by roversdude »
Fingers crossed he has a contract too

TinyPortal © 2005-2012