Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:20:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Molyneux  (Read 6411 times)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
Molyneux
« on March 09, 2024, 06:10:07 pm by Butchers Red »
Outstanding performance from him today, I have criticized him for fading around the 60 minute mark, but today, if anything he got stronger from then on, driving us up field and getting in some great crosses. Unplayable for large parts of the game - more of the same please,and a mention for Biamou who did very well back to goal,winning headers and some nice link up play. A good day for Rovers apart from the injuries.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

The Dav

• Forum Member
Re: Molyneux
« Reply #1 on March 09, 2024, 06:22:32 pm by The Dav »
I feared the worse when big Joe went off, however Max really impressed me, got up well to win some important header and on another day could of had 2 goals, clearly a talented footballer, let’s hoops we can keep him injury free ! And as said Moly was outstanding ! I still feel we’ll finish top half, albeit not the playoffs, this is all looking good for next season ! 

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 09, 2024, 06:23:58 pm by Chris Black come back »
It is both very pleasing and very surprising that we are now only four points behind Notts County.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 09, 2024, 06:24:26 pm by Reg of the Rovers »
I thought to a man we were outstanding today, and how refreshing when we make changes it didn't weaken the team. Olowu came in and did well, Tommy was solid, Biamou was excellent, Zain did well coming back from injury, Hurst did well stretching them and unlucky not to get a goal.

Great performance - this team / squad for the full season would be up there top end of the league.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 09, 2024, 06:35:37 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, Moly was good today, along with every player, who performed their jobs very well.

Noticeable that Molyneux has been coming inside a bit more to get involved and can create overloads. Definitely less one dimensional and predictable.

Was a bit concerning to lose both full backs but Rowe, Bailey then Olowu all played their part in limiting Crewe to few chances. Together with Wood, Anderson and Lo Tutala it was a well earned clean sheet. Same with Westbrooke coming on for Craig and not losing the bite in midfield when we needed it. Biggins playing his part too.

Would agree Biamou looks very handy and assured on the ball. He could easily have been rewarded with a goal with that header but unfortunately straight at the keeper.

It's just a shame we are probably 6 points short of having a real tilt at the play offs, as other teams continue to faulter.

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on March 09, 2024, 08:02:12 pm by Arsenal Of The North »
In the pocket of fans to which we sit at the ECO, I’m probably mollys biggest critic, but I’ll hold my hands up when I’m wrong, and today he was fantastic, I think biggins pushed him close for my MOTM, but molly just easier on the eye today.

His upturn in form in recent weeks is great to see, he seems to have found out how to complete a good cross, he put countless good ones in dangerous areas today.

I suspect he’s playing to impress for a contract elsewhere away from the ECO, and that’s fair enough. Nice to see him bringing his overall game up to a level of what I suspect we all wanted from him signing on day 1

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 09, 2024, 08:38:19 pm by ncRover »
I have changed my mind on him too. I would offer him a new deal but I would also get a player in to properly compete with him and offer something a bit different.

Yes, there’s wide players at this level who can be more clinical and prolific than him but none will have that on top of his footwork, work-rate and robustness.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 09, 2024, 08:44:35 pm by mushRTID »
I have changed my mind on him too. I would offer him a new deal but I would also get a player in to properly compete with him and offer something a bit different.

Yes, there’s wide players at this level who can be more clinical and prolific than him but none will have that on top of his footwork, work-rate and robustness.

I think Haks will sign and Moly will be offered a new contract.

Haks, Moly, hurst and GM will likely have another wide attacker up his sleeve.

Taylor will obviously go and I can’t see Waters getting a deal.

That competition will be good for Moly.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 09, 2024, 08:46:43 pm by Pancho Regan »
I’ve never changed my mind about Moly, I’ve always rated him highly.
I’m delighted he is enjoying a purple patch right now and winning over the doubters.

We need Moly to stay at the club and I desperately hope we’ll keep him here next season and beyond.
He will be an integral part of our promotion push next season.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 09, 2024, 08:52:31 pm by drfcsteve »
Molys got some unfair stick on here I think. Yes he doesn’t score and assist every week, but if he did he wouldn’t be a league 2 player.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 09, 2024, 09:29:16 pm by GazLaz »
Surely if we are offering out contract extensions we have to judge players on their contribution over there time here. Not just the last few months when they are essentially playing for their livelihood. He’s been ok this season, he has ability and works hard, generally underwhelms me though. He’s put in some good performances recently as we all can see, he’s replaceable and replaceable with better imo.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 09, 2024, 09:31:12 pm by Pancho Regan »
Surely if we are offering out contract extensions we have to judge players on their contribution over there time here. Not just the last few months when they are essentially playing for their livelihood. He’s been ok this season, he has ability and works hard, generally underwhelms me though. He’s put in some good performances recently as we all can see, he’s replaceable and replaceable with better imo.

Yep, that clinches it for me.

Give Moly another contract.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 09, 2024, 09:55:59 pm by selby »
  Two scouts from bigger clubs discussing Moly as I  left the ground today in front of me.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 09, 2024, 10:01:02 pm by adamtherover »
  Two scouts from bigger clubs discussing Moly as I  left the ground today in front of me.
dare to divulge the names of these bigger clubs out of interest?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 09, 2024, 10:09:24 pm by dickos1 »
He’s been our best player this season for me.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 09, 2024, 10:23:20 pm by selby »
 One top half division 1 side other lower Championship unfair to say who, but both said he played well and left footed.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 09, 2024, 10:27:24 pm by roversdude »

He’s been good but Bailey is the top player this season

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 09, 2024, 10:34:04 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
When he’s been poor it’s more because the teams been terrible as a whole. I’d have no problem if we offered him a deal to stay that’s reasonable.

Biggins fits into the category of playing for a contract imo and if he’s to stay it can’t be on starting 11 money

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 10, 2024, 01:29:05 am by Bessie Red »

He’s been good but Bailey is the top player this season
By a country mile!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 10, 2024, 04:19:19 am by Colemans Left Hook »
One top half division 1 side other lower Championship unfair to say who, but both said he played well and left footed.

£1 double please Huddersfield & Peterbrew

reminds me of when Chelsea used to have a regular scout watching the Snodin's ...  he preferred Glynn !!

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 10, 2024, 05:39:41 am by Avsuptem »
I don't see why people don't realise that Molly is by far our most creative player. These are few and far between whereas the Bailey's of this world are many. Which is not to detract from Bailey's contribution this season but if we had to lose one of the two Molyneux would be the biggest loss by a huge margin.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 10, 2024, 06:41:09 am by Silkscarf »

Is that the level of insight needed to be a scout? Every team has at least 1 or 2 left-footers. They’re 10% of the population.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on March 10, 2024, 07:08:32 am by Padge_DRFC »
I think he thinks he's better than he is and will leave himself.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 10, 2024, 07:08:58 am by Filo »

Why is it unfair to say, we have no obligation to any other club

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on March 10, 2024, 07:24:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

Maybe Lincoln looking for a player swap so to speak?

Of course we'd rather have both but there's likely to be competition for both players.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 10, 2024, 08:11:16 am by drfchound »

Is that the level of insight needed to be a scout? Every team has at least 1 or 2 left-footers. They’re 10% of the population.

So on averages then, only one left footer in every team.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 10, 2024, 09:23:38 am by Colin C No.3 »

imo!

Don’t agree with your opinion (for a variety of reasons) but since you point out it is YOUR OPINION, I’m happy to simply leave it at us having a difference of opinions.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 09:25:43 am by Colin C No.3 »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on March 10, 2024, 10:39:35 am by andyst79 »
Based on that would you offer Close an extension?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on March 10, 2024, 10:44:02 am by Colin C No.3 »
Do you know, I said to my brother during the second half yesterday that I haven’t missed Close one iota in fact, not only had I completely forgotten about him until yesterday but I don’t think he would fit into this side & its new found vigour in games.

Anyway back on topic, Molyneaux had Cooley in his pocket so much so that in the second half Crewe weren’t just doubling up on Moly, at times they had three around him & he still either got a cross into the area, won a corner, free kick or a throw in.

In my opinion that was his best 90+ minutes I’ve seen him play for us AND, if there’s a better wing man ‘out there’ than him at present we can get without breaking the bank,  I’d like to see his xg’s, I.Q, O-60 times, lung capacity readings & inside leg measurements.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2024, 10:54:15 am by Colin C No.3 »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 10, 2024, 10:48:25 am by Chris Black come back »
If we didn't renew Close, in additional to Taylor, Rowe and Biggins, they will collectively be a decent chunk of our wage bill that will be leaving the books. They must be among the very highest earners currently at the club.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012