Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:23:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who'd have thought?  (Read 716 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Who'd have thought?
« on March 11, 2024, 11:47:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
The first major pillar of society to be destroyed by AI would be the Royal Family?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Re: Who'd have thought?
« Reply #1 on March 11, 2024, 12:48:49 pm by ravenrover »
I just can't see for the life of me what the fuss is all about

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 11, 2024, 12:53:11 pm by Sprotyrover »
Anything for a bit of gossip!

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 11, 2024, 02:41:44 pm by Mike_F »
I genuinely have no idea what this is about. Can someone give me a synopsis please?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 11, 2024, 03:05:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It's a very sad reflection on the relationship between the Royal Family and modern Britain.

Princess Kate is clearly seriously ill. But there's a need to show the Royal Family as some sort of perfect example to the country. So they've put out a photo to the Press, apparently showing her glowingly well, surrounded by her kids.

Except it looks like they've fabricated the photo via AI. Weird fingers. Bits of the image that don't join up right. Leaves on the tree in the background that shouldn't be out at this time of the year.

The main Press bodies have spotted this and refused to use the photo because it breaks their code about not using doctored images.

And instead of fessing up, the Palace has issued a statement, ostensibly from Kate, apologising for just tarting up a photo on Photoshop.

It's really very sad that the idiots who run the Royal Family's PR have to maintain this air of perfection. And equally sad that there are people in the country who seem to need that message served up to them. To the point that they have to try to deceive people about the state of someone who is obviously very ill.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:42:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 11, 2024, 03:35:59 pm by Mike_F »
Thanks for the explanation. What a bizarre thing to do. If the lass is ill and they feel the need to put out any kind of statement they could've just said something along the lines of "The Prince of Wales and his family appreciate the concern of the British public for the wellbeing of the Princess of Wales. We wish to assure you that although she is currently suffering from ill health, she is receiving the very best of care. We wish to thank the wonderful medical staff and we extend our thanks to all those who have reached out to wish her well but we do respectfully request that her privacy is respected as we all focus on her recovery. We'll be issuing no further statements on this subject."

Job done, no controversy. This ridiculous facade just intensifies the pressure. I have no idea what's wrong with her, nor do I really care save to say that whatever it is I wish her well just as much as anyone else who is suffering from an illness be it physical or mental.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 11, 2024, 03:49:32 pm by Pancho Regan »
Thanks for the explanation. What a bizarre thing to do. If the lass is ill and they feel the need to put out any kind of statement they could've just said something along the lines of "The Prince of Wales and his family appreciate the concern of the British public for the wellbeing of the Princess of Wales. We wish to assure you that although she is currently suffering from ill health, she is receiving the very best of care. We wish to thank the wonderful medical staff and we extend our thanks to all those who have reached out to wish her well but we do respectfully request that her privacy is respected as we all focus on her recovery. We'll be issuing no further statements on this subject."

Job done, no controversy. This ridiculous facade just intensifies the pressure. I have no idea what's wrong with her, nor do I really care save to say that whatever it is I wish her well just as much as anyone else who is suffering from an illness be it physical or mental.

Come on Mike, fess up, you used AI to come up with that statement didn't you?

;)

As BST suggests, it's a shame the Royal Family's PR felt the need to put out this photo in the first place.
Then to discover it has been 'edited' just adds to the mess.

This 'story' was a major item on the BBC evening news yesterday evening .... ffs.
They made reference to 'wild speculation' about Kate's health circulating on social media. This cock-up over the photo won't help will it?!

Just let her get over her health issues (whatever they are) in peace and in private.

I would suggest we've got bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 11, 2024, 03:56:31 pm by Mike_F »
Ha ha... If I was that clever I'd get AI to fill in the mind-numbingly boring supply contracts I'm currently ploughing my way through at work!

And yes, I think we've always got bigger and more relevant fish to fry that whatever one posh family is up to but they provide a helpful diversion to the Machiavellian antics of the government.

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 11, 2024, 04:41:06 pm by belton rover »
And now it seems that Kate has fessed up to being crap at photoshopping - like she’s just stuck a photo up on her Facebook page and her ‘mates’ are taking the piss.

How f**king stupid do those who make these decisions on behalf of the royal family think we are? Does anyone actually believe that she would have a photo taken, play around with it a bit, then send it to the press herself?
I really like Kate and Will - I think they could be the bit of fresh air that the monarchy needs when their time comes. But while ever they continue to be told what to do and say by out of touch nobs in suits, they haven’t got a chance.

Get well soon, Kate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:43:35 pm by belton rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 11, 2024, 07:35:08 pm by drfchound »
Why all the fuss?
The lass was just trying to give herself a lift with a photo with her kids on Mother’s Day FFS.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 11, 2024, 08:02:04 pm by Nudga »
Can't say I even noticed it was altered.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 11, 2024, 08:28:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
At least the one on the front left has got the right fingers.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 11, 2024, 08:57:13 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Why all the fuss?
The lass was just trying to give herself a lift with a photo with her kids on Mother’s Day FFS.

You're right.

The Palace press machine being dishonest to their subjects is such a non-story.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 11, 2024, 09:14:57 pm by ravenrover »
Good grief it's the end of the world forget Ukraine forget Trump forget Gaza forget the state of our country let's spend hours talking about a bloody photo
The news chanels including Radio should be ashamed

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 11, 2024, 09:19:53 pm by SydneyRover »
Yes, it's not like the royal family are made up of nazis or paedophiles aye ................

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 11, 2024, 11:37:11 pm by drfchound »
Why all the fuss?

You're right.

The Palace press machine being dishonest to their subjects is such a non-story.

Faux outrage.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 12, 2024, 06:59:57 am by Donnywolf »
.... and then she is spotted a few hours later on a joy ride with William

Was that to say , look I'm here , I'm ok people don't worry

So if she is still pretty I'll , they pretended using a Photo she wasn't , then she HAD to go out to prove she wasn't ( even though she is supposed to be )

* Sorry , I know what I mean but it's a difficult one to write down

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 12, 2024, 08:28:39 am by DRFC_AjA »
The sad thing is most people in the public don't care one bit. But the main stream media has done its usual best to whip up a frenzy and tell the public they should be shocked outraged. MSM doing what MSM do. Plus there's probably an element of retaliation from the scummy mSm because they feel weren't given enough info when she was in hospital in the first place.

Was listening to radio in Car a lot yesterday and most people who called or texted in said they didn't care or why should they care. Of course any radio guest who was from the media or a 'royal correpsndent' said "of course you should". Nope, no we shouldn't

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 13, 2024, 10:34:21 am by TonySoprano »
Couldn't care less, leave them alone.

The press prints this stuff because muppets like the op lap it up.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 13, 2024, 12:46:54 pm by StocktonRover »
.... and then she is spotted a few hours later on a joy ride with William

Was that to say , look I'm here , I'm ok people don't worry

So if she is still pretty I'll , they pretended using a Photo she wasn't , then she HAD to go out to prove she wasn't ( even though she is supposed to be )

* Sorry , I know what I mean but it's a difficult one to write down
By all accounts this was another doctored photo?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 13, 2024, 01:24:44 pm by Jonathan »
I must admit this is becoming interesting. Probably part driven by the fact I’ve not been well and have nothing else to do at the moment, but it’s fascinating how poorly this one has been played by the Royal Family machine, and how quickly the tables can start to turn in the press.

Up until recently it appeared that William and Kate could do no wrong in the eyes of the press, while Harry and Megan would only have to eat an avocado to have people foaming at the mouth with fury.

“Leave them alone” is a fair cry from the angered Soprano / Ghosh, but surely only if applied consistently. Do the press really print this because muppets (in the words of Soprano / Ghosh) lap it up, or do muppets lap it up because the press print it? To what extent are the media / press responsible for dictating what a swell of people think? I think we all know by now that there’s no impartiality in reporting, so where do we draw the line on who we should be interested in and angry about, and who we shouldn’t? What are the driving forces and factors?

“Leave them alone” is a very reasonable shout if you apply that consistently, if you never intrude into or get angry about the lives and actions of others because simply because you’re fed with information form a certain source. Though I can’t help but think that Soprano / Ghosh I is prone to doing just that too. We are probably all guilty of it at times. We’re all hypocrites aren’t we and we’ll choose what is and isn’t worthy of our fury.

Anyway, aa a general rule, I care not about the royals. I’ve very little interest in their being or their lives, and I don’t like the notion of being ruled over by a family born into obscene wealth and privilege. However (with disclaimer that I have very little better to do whilst bed bound) I do find it interesting when the tide turns. And all of a sudden the institutions and individuals that put them on a pedestal start to turn. How quickly do the people turn with them? I guess we’ll see.

In the meantime, I’m finding some entertainment from the various memes and edits circulating from that photo.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2024, 01:40:41 pm by Jonathan »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012