Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:32:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bring back Boris  (Read 377 times)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Bring back Boris
« on March 12, 2024, 09:48:34 am by ravenrover »
Says Lady McAlpine and "50" other MPs and Peers.
The loaded lady told the Mail on Sunday: "As far as I am concerned the Tory party is rotten to the core. We need new Conservative values, and Boris is the person to deliver that.

"He is the only person with the charisma to lead the party to success. We need Boris back."

A former Cabinet Minister told the paper: "If Boris came back for the General Election it could save as many as 80 MPs. It would give Conservatives hope, a reason to vote
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the leader of a party, a political Party that is, need to be an MP?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: Bring back Boris
« Reply #1 on March 12, 2024, 09:51:29 am by Mike_F »
I don't think so. Farage was leader of UKIP for a long time but has never won a seat in the Commons.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 12, 2024, 09:57:15 am by tommy toes »
The Tory Party's rotten to the coreness(sic) went into turbo mode because of that buffoon.
Shows how desperate they are if they think he's the answer.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on March 12, 2024, 11:33:00 am by ravenrover »
I don't think so. Farage was leader of UKIP for a long time but has never won a seat in the Commons.
I forgot to put in from thrcatticle was that it was intended to Rich-ie the boot before the election and replace with the

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 12, 2024, 11:45:44 am by Donnywolf »

.... 7 attempts and counting

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 12, 2024, 09:42:44 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The only reason to bring back Boris should be so that he can properly serve the punishment by Parliament that he dodged out of by resigning as an MP last time.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 12, 2024, 10:54:57 pm by River Don »
Boris Johnson achievement was to lie to the British public successfully.

I think we see through that now.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 13, 2024, 12:32:23 am by SydneyRover »
Johnson has always lied to everyone including himself I would think, and he hasn't been shy about it.

Why would anyone have thought he could change?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 13, 2024, 08:46:08 am by wilts rover »
Says Lady McAlpine and "50" other MPs and Peers.
The loaded lady told the Mail on Sunday: "As far as I am concerned the Tory party is rotten to the core. We need new Conservative values, and Boris is the person to deliver that.

"He is the only person with the charisma to lead the party to success. We need Boris back."

A former Cabinet Minister told the paper: "If Boris came back for the General Election it could save as many as 80 MPs. It would give Conservatives hope, a reason to vote
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the leader of a party, a political Party that is, need to be an MP?

No the leader of a political party doesn't need to be an MP.

The joint leaders of the Green Party are Carla Denyer & Adrian Ramsay - neither of whom are MP's.

However the leader of the Tory Party does need to be an MP. For Johnson to return as leader he would either have to win a byelection. Or they would need to change their rules:
https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn01366/

TinyPortal © 2005-2012