Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:30:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Angela Rayner  (Read 2260 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Angela Rayner
« Reply #60 on March 17, 2024, 01:30:25 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Certainly much easier on the eye than Starmer

And more importantly the ear.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on March 17, 2024, 02:16:31 pm by tommy toes »
So we had a few big Labour Party hitters at the Bentley Pavilion! What was said about the Airport?
Ed Milliband and Oliver Coppard both said it was the No1 objective.

You'll be pleased to know that second was getting rid of Nick Fletcher.
Well it would be, he has made them look like the idiots that they are.

If you believe that Sproty there's no hope for you.
Fletcher's a liar and a chancer, hell be off to Reform soon with his mate Lee, where he can spout his far right mad ideas.

Evidence of the lies please?
He said on his campaign leaflet that the Labour Council had closed the Airport and that he was working hard to get it opened.
Utter barefaced lie, and it's Ros Jones and Oliver Coppard who are negotiating it's reopening.
Then he refused to retract it. Eventually he did I believe.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on March 17, 2024, 04:00:14 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
 I listened to an interview with Angela Rayner by former Tory MP Rory Stewart a while back. She had one hell of an upbringing and really had it very tough as a child. She got into politics almost by accident having worked as a care worker and becoming a union rep.

She gave some interesting insight into what it was like in Jeremy Corbyns shadow cabinet (he found it very difficult to make any sort of decision to her immense frustration) and how Starmer is a very democratic but decisive decision maker.

She also shared some of the cross party work that she’s done with a couple of Tory MP’s to help some of her constituents.

All in all she comes across as a very competent and capable politician who, unlike other MP’s, has ‘real life’ experience.

She absolutely can’t abide Boris Johnson though.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on March 17, 2024, 04:21:27 pm by tommy toes »
Johnson was only interested in her legs.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on March 17, 2024, 05:16:40 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe he thought she was talking out of her arse?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on March 17, 2024, 05:30:27 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Defending Johnson, even in jest, is a desperate position.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on March 17, 2024, 05:34:45 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Defending Johnson, even in jest, is a desperate position.
Are you seriously agreeing with tommy toes regarding Johnson being only interested in her legs?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on March 17, 2024, 06:14:43 pm by tommy toes »
He was very interested in her BB and it wasn't her politics.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on March 17, 2024, 06:38:08 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He was very interested in her BB and it wasn't her politics.
Yeah? I take it you have good evidence of that?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on March 17, 2024, 07:36:19 pm by tommy toes »
No. Plucked it out of thin air.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on March 17, 2024, 07:37:24 pm by scawsby steve »

Yeah, she is a bit sexy looking, Dude. I wish I'd have gone to the Pavillion. I reckon I might have a chance with her if she prefers the slightly more mature man.

What do you think?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on March 17, 2024, 07:42:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Yeah, she is a bit sexy looking, Dude. I wish I'd have gone to the Pavillion. I reckon I might have a chance with her if she prefers the slightly more mature man.

What do you think?
I could have gone with you, SS. She might have discretely asked you if "your son" was available.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on March 17, 2024, 07:43:52 pm by tommy toes »
Don't forget, I'vemet you Steve and you're a good looking bloke.
You never know.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on March 17, 2024, 07:51:28 pm by ravenrover »

What do you think?
I could have gone with you, SS. She might have discretely asked you if "your son" was available.
Or asked to see the grandson :-))

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on March 17, 2024, 08:12:08 pm by scawsby steve »
Don't forget, I'vemet you Steve and you're a good looking bloke.
You never know.

You didn't spot a resemblance to Arthur Mullard then, TT?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on March 21, 2024, 10:51:42 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looks like Angela Rayner in the Doodo over Capital Gains tax, she has been on news night claiming there is no Police investigation well there wouldn’t be it’s the HMRC who would be investigating!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on March 21, 2024, 10:58:01 pm by SydneyRover »
Looks like Angela Rayner in the Doodo over Capital Gains tax, she has been on news night claiming there is no Police investigation well there wouldn’t be it’s the HMRC who would be investigating!

this is so old now sprot it would be good if you could explain why the HRRC would be investigating for?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on March 21, 2024, 11:06:44 pm by SydneyRover »
I guess those getting excited about the Angela Raynor expose' (from a book) will be getting really really excited about the moral issue of Ester McVey.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/21/esther-mcvey-expenses-flat-philip-davies

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on March 22, 2024, 08:36:57 am by drfchound »
Syd, the Guardian the article you quote clearly says that no rules have been broken.
If you want to discredited McVey you should do it with something appropriate.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on March 22, 2024, 09:01:14 am by ravenrover »
But morally, Hound?
Silly me this lot from the top down don't care about morals

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on March 22, 2024, 09:28:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Morally, it's perfectly reasonable for McVey to get support for renting a flat. She needs a bolt hole to escape to when her father in law comes to visit. I wouldn't expose anyone to him.

Mind, if she's married to Philip Davies, maybe she's immune to t**ts.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on March 22, 2024, 11:06:48 am by drfchound »
But morally, Hound?
Silly me this lot from the top down don't care about morals

Come on Raven. Politicians of all sides will be doing something like this.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on March 22, 2024, 03:41:22 pm by ravenrover »
I'm sure they will but as widespread and as blatant as this lot....... Ministers!!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on March 27, 2024, 09:31:34 pm by drfchound »
Raynor under scrutiny for allegedly not paying CGT on the sale of her former house.
She may have also broken electoral rules.
#allthesame?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on March 28, 2024, 04:44:49 am by Jonathan »
Raynor under scrutiny for allegedly not paying CGT on the sale of her former house.
#allthesame?

No, clearly not #allthesame in my view, that’s quite a lazy trope. Not meaning to trivialise this, but we are debating whether £1,500 Capital Gains Tax should have been paid on the 2015 sale of a former council house purchased under the popular Right to Buy scheme at the time the “accused” was a homecare worker and not an MP. The accused is also quoted as saying that if any tax is due she will pay the bill, but independent tax advice (which she did did not have at the time as a homecare worker - most of us don’t) has since determined it is not. This is not a tale of millionaires, billionaires and elites. If you believe it puts them all in the same bracket then it would perhaps be helpful to explain what the parallels are and why.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on March 28, 2024, 08:11:35 am by drfchound »
#allthesame?

No, clearly not #allthesame in my view, that’s quite a lazy trope. Not meaning to trivialise this, but we are debating whether £1,500 Capital Gains Tax should have been paid on the 2015 sale of a former council house purchased under the popular Right to Buy scheme at the time the “accused” was a homecare worker and not an MP. The accused is also quoted as saying that if any tax is due she will pay the bill, but independent tax advice (which she did did not have at the time as a homecare worker - most of us don’t) has since determined it is not. This is not a tale of millionaires, billionaires and elites. If you believe it puts them all in the same bracket then it would perhaps be helpful to explain what the parallels are and why.

Very precise.
But if you look at my post I put a question mark after #allthesame.
I was simply posting something that I had seen on a news feed.
As there have been discussions about Raynor on here I thought it might be interesting to some people.
Also, the article I saw mentioned her having broken electoral rules but you didn’t mention anything about that. The police are now apparently investigating whether she lied about her address when registering to vote.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on March 28, 2024, 10:02:36 am by Jonathan »
#allthesame?

Very precise.
As there have been discussions about Raynor on here I thought it might be interesting to some people.
Also, the article I saw mentioned her having broken electoral rules but you didn’t mention anything about that. The police are now apparently investigating whether she lied about her address when registering to vote.

Feels like a total and utter non story to me. One of I expect millions of people (including myself) to have lived between properties at some point in their life and had to make a decision on which one to hold electoral registration at. A real waste of police time but looks like someone has invoked the second stage of a complaints process and here we are. I’ll be shocked if there is any change to the decision on this. At worst you’ll get a tax adviser that may take a different view of the CGT liability. If I was her, in a considerably wealthier position now than she would have been at the time, I’d donate the money to charity and close the book on it even though it’s not clear that there’s any liability. Although I’m sure the whatabouterry vultures would carry on asking their questions regardless.

As for me, I wish there were more senior political figures that had worked their way up to the position they now occupy. But the fact that she’s from a humble background and has worked in the care sector won’t stop the mysoginists dismissing her as a bit of rough or a bit of skirt.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:05:31 am by Jonathan »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on March 28, 2024, 10:16:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »
#allthesame?

Very precise.

Feels like a total and utter non story to me. One of I expect millions of people (including myself) to have lived between properties at some point in their life and had to make a decision on which one to hold electoral registration at. A real waste of police time but looks like someone has invoked the second stage of a complaints process and here we are. I’ll be shocked if there is any change to the decision on this. At worst you’ll get a tax adviser that may take a different view of the CGT liability. If I was her, in a considerably wealthier position now than she would have been at the time, I’d donate the money to charity and close the book on it even though it’s not clear that there’s any liability. Although I’m sure the whatabouterry vultures would carry on asking their questions regardless.

As for me, I wish there were more senior political figures that had worked their way up to the position they now occupy. But the fact that she’s from a humble background and has worked in the care sector won’t stop the mysoginists dismissing her as a bit of rough or a bit of skirt.

Hound is being a little economical with the truth here.

1) The police aren't investigating Rayner. They made a decision NOT to investigate her case. The Deputy Chair of the Tory party has complained about that, and the police have asked a senior officer to  review their decision not to investigate.

2) The reason the Tory party Deputy Chair complained is that a book has been published digging into Rayner's private life.

3) The book was written by Lord Ashcroft, the Tory supporting billionaire, said by the Times Rich List to be the 123rd Richest personal in the UK...

4)...Or IS he in the UK? Because he is a tax exile in Belize and the Turks and Caicos Islands, to shelter him from having to pay British tax. Which is all rather ironic if you think about it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 10:18:34 am by BillyStubbsTears »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on March 28, 2024, 11:27:56 am by SydneyRover »
You think there'd be an outcry from the pearl clutchers about Ashcroft having left the country but sticking his oar in, aye?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on March 28, 2024, 11:30:55 am by drfchound »
You think there'd be an outcry from the pearl clutchers about Ashcroft having left the country but sticking his oar in, aye?

Has he left the country though Syd.
I only ask because apparently he is being quoted as one of the wealthiest people in the UK.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012