Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:05:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bantams  (Read 2188 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Bantams
« on March 19, 2024, 09:12:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Losing again.
0-2 at home to Notts county after 60 odd mins.

Alexander pick up your P45 on your way out.
It won’t be long at this rate.
I am very confident we will finish at least 6/7 points above them this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
Re: Bantams
« Reply #1 on March 19, 2024, 09:20:16 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Does anyone else get the impression that we have been more unlucky then normal this season in playing teams when they are in form? Bradford are an example, they are now worse than when we played them, ditto Harrogate, Notts County, and to some extent Salford. Then FGR this coming weekend are much improved. Walsall and Newport were flying when we played them.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 19, 2024, 09:21:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Does anyone else get the impression that we have been more unlucky then normal this season in playing teams when they are in form? Bradford are an example, they are now worse than when we played them, ditto Harrogate, Notts County, and to some extent Salford. Then FGR this coming weekend are much improved. Walsall and Newport were flying when we played them.
You’re not wrong DU.
And we have a rampant Crawley Town to play a week on Friday.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 19, 2024, 09:23:24 pm by adamtherover »
After 10 games there was a table recognising where teams were in the league when you played them, we were top or bottom depending how you look at it..   the average position of our opponents was 7th or something..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 19, 2024, 09:25:34 pm by Alan Southstand »
However, Bradford are still very good at persistent fouling!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 19, 2024, 09:37:40 pm by Donnywolf »
Every so often a Team springs from the pack and irrationally I despise them

Bradford are different as I rationally despise them

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 19, 2024, 09:40:39 pm by ncRover »
0-3

For the calendar year 2024 L2 table so far Notts were 24th.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on March 19, 2024, 09:41:34 pm by donnyguy »
Another 5 booked tonight

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 19, 2024, 09:45:45 pm by Alan Southstand »
Bradford sit in 17th, but, infuriatingly 4 points above us.

Oh bugger!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 19, 2024, 09:52:38 pm by Donnywolf »
Good

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 19, 2024, 11:06:34 pm by idler »
I wonder what Alexander thinks to City committing 22 fouls to Notts County’s 8. (BBC stats)
No doubt he will have an excuse.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 20, 2024, 03:49:27 am by Colemans Left Hook »

i saw that 22 fowls but then they aren't called the Bantams for nothing  :coat:

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 20, 2024, 06:40:02 am by roversdude »
It will be refs fault again no doubt

Thorney

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 20, 2024, 10:42:43 am by Thorney »

Sorry just cant see that we were unlucky. Just think we was that poor that it didnt matter what form the other team were in.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 20, 2024, 12:45:20 pm by idler »
According to different people in my local Bradford gym some fans have left at half time in both games in the last few days.
I asked if the score reflected the results and one lad told me that it could have been ten for Mansfield on Saturday. He left on 70 odd minutes as well. One lad said the pitch doesn’t help and it is the same for both teams. He said yes but they play 23 games on it whereas the opposition only play on it once.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2024, 08:55:28 am by IDM »
You’re not wrong DU.
And we have a rampant Crawley Town to play a week on Friday.

Our form is great at the moment too, 2ppg over the last 9 fixtures ain’t bad..

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2024, 11:53:56 am by roversdude »
A lot of bad feeling on one of the forums for mentioning a fire drill, not really the most thought out comment.
Looking at the empty seats and then the attendance there was a massive difference in tickets sold v actual attendance

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2024, 01:37:49 pm by ncRover »
A lot of bad feeling on one of the forums for mentioning a fire drill, not really the most thought out comment.
Looking at the empty seats and then the attendance there was a massive difference in tickets sold v actual attendance

Are Rupp and Sparks the owners? A lot seem to want them gone.

They have the 4th highest wage bill in the league apparently.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2024, 03:12:39 pm by Draytonian III »
4th highest wage bill, behind Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield ?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 21, 2024, 03:48:35 pm by ncRover »
4th highest wage bill, behind Stockport, Wrexham and Mansfield ?

Wrexham, Gillingham and Stockport. Mansfield 5th.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2024, 06:21:32 pm by idler »
My mate came over today for a beer and showed me a picture of the City kop on Tuesday. There were massive gaps.
City also started selling season tickets for next season around the time that they lost the first of three consecutive home defeats.
Rupp was actually there on Tuesday and got some stick from fans.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on March 22, 2024, 07:05:55 am by roversdude »
My mate came over today for a beer and showed me a picture of the City kop on Tuesday. There were massive gaps.
City also started selling season tickets for next season around the time that they lost the first of three consecutive home defeats.
Rupp was actually there on Tuesday and got some stick from fans.
I believe they have put up prices too which hasn’t gone down well

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 22, 2024, 07:13:16 am by idler »
I’ve heard so but not seen any prices. There aren’t many happy City fans about at the minute. They understand that Alexander is managing players signed almost entirely by Hughes but they are very are disappointed how they have dropped off after his initial improvement.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 22, 2024, 07:17:17 am by roversdude »
Idler some I know were expecting him gone a while ago, he then seemed to get a tune out of them for a few games. The same people were then convinced they were going up lol. Seem fickle even by some of our fans fickleness

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 22, 2024, 09:39:15 am by ForsolongaRover »

I remember writing around the time that we were in dire straits earlier in the season that not only had we played practically all the teams in the top half of the table, but we had played them away from home and having got those fixtures out of the way, that it would be easier in the second half. But as time has gone on, so the early season form has turned around completely.

You would not have expected Forest Green Rovers to be 6th in the current 6-match Form Table and awaiting us next week there are Crawley - in second place!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on March 22, 2024, 11:15:55 am by drfchound »

I remember writing around the time that we were in dire straits earlier in the season that not only had we played practically all the teams in the top half of the table, but we had played them away from home and having got those fixtures out of the way, that it would be easier in the second half. But as time has gone on, so the early season form has turned around completely.

You would not have expected Forest Green Rovers to be 6th in the current 6-match Form Table and awaiting us next week there are Crawley - in second place!

The above post explains why it is daft to bring out such phrases as fast track bullies.
Although FGR as in relegation danger we are playing them at a time when they are in their best form of the season.
A win for us would “just be another win against a team in the bottom ten” but in reality a win against them would be a great result given their current form.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012